ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Moncton residents fret about Rolling Stones show Return to archive
August 15th, 2005 02:54 PM
moy not sure if this is already posted we are having a heavy traffic this from saturday

Moncton residents fret about Rolling Stones show
Saturday, August 13, 2005 Page R3

Moncton -- Not everyone thinks the Rolling Stones are the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world.

About 300 people who live near the planned concert site at Magnetic Hill, outside Moncton, N.B., met with organizers at a public meeting this week, denouncing the road closures and parking plans that will restrict their movements for the Labour Day weekend.

About 85,000 Stones' fans are expected to attend one of the largest outdoor concerts ever organized in New Brunswick on Sept. 3.

Area residents have been told they will need a special pass to access their homes before the barricades go up Sept. 1 and guests will need a pass and a concert ticket if they want to visit them.

Advertisements
click here

"Nobody is happy about being locked in or out of their homes," resident Bob Fudge told concert organizers.

"You invited 85,000 people here without our consent. You don't trust us; we don't trust you," he said to loud applause.

Charles Crossman, a member of a residents' committee created to deal with local concerns, warned there could be acts of civil disobedience to protest restrictions.

"You're upsetting the whole community for the sake of a concert," he said.

Earlier in the week, city officials released a traffic and parking plan for the concert that provided space for 27,000 vehicles. Shuttle services will be available from surrounding parking lots, but organizers warned regular ticket holders will still face a 1.5 kilometre walk to the concert site.

Demand for concert tickets has been so great that organizers put another 10,000 on sale Friday morning.

The first Canadian date for the Stones is Aug. 28 in Ottawa. The tour also includes stops in Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. CP
August 15th, 2005 02:56 PM
voodoopug I say "tough Shit" they moved near a festival site, deal with it...these people get as much sympathy from me as the ones that live in Wrigleyville and complain that its too loud there.
August 15th, 2005 02:57 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
moy wrote:
Area residents have been told they will need a special pass to access their homes before the barricades go up Sept. 1 and guests will need a pass and a concert ticket if they want to visit them.

I'd be pissed, too.
August 15th, 2005 02:59 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I say "tough Shit" they moved near a festival site, deal with it...these people get as much sympathy from me as the ones that live in Wrigleyville and complain that its too loud there.

Yes and no pug. For the noise, yes, I agree with you they'd better deal with it. But road closures, passes to get to your home and special arrangement for guests, that's different.
August 15th, 2005 03:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Yes and no pug. For the noise, yes, I agree with you they'd better deal with it. But road closures, passes to get to your home and special arrangement for guests, that's different.

they are aware of this when they move in, if they are not, then this is one way of punishing ignorance...I am all for this! We live in a time where maximum security saves lives.
August 15th, 2005 03:37 PM
Scottfree I just bought a house between runways 9 & 10, could they please stop landing their fucking planes....
August 15th, 2005 03:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
I just bought a house between runways 9 & 10, could they please stop landing their fucking planes....

i just moved in next to joey....will someone please stop the toilets from backing up!!!
August 15th, 2005 04:02 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
they are aware of this when they move in

Really? What, that they need to show ID to get to their home if the Stones ever come to town?

This is about maximum $$$ not security.
August 15th, 2005 04:02 PM
jb This show sold well!!!
August 15th, 2005 04:04 PM
Some Guy How do you get on jb's great friend list?
August 15th, 2005 04:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Really? What, that they need to show ID to get to their home if the Stones ever come to town?

This is about maximum $$$ not security.

Yes, they should suspect this would occur if you move in right near a large outdoor venue. I feel no pity for them and laugh at them. Ignorance rarely gets punished, when it does, I applaud!

I would like to shake your hand this tour!
August 15th, 2005 04:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
moy wrote:

About 300 people who live near the planned concert site at Magnetic Hill, outside Moncton, N.B., met with organizers at a public meeting this week, denouncing the road closures and parking plans that will restrict their movements for the Labour Day weekend.

About 85,000 Stones' fans are expected to attend one of the largest outdoor concerts ever organized in New Brunswick on Sept. 3.

someone please tell the 300 dissapointed Moncton residents that they've been outvoted by 85,000 Stones fans who would like to also kindly pass on the following message to them: please shut the fuck up.

thank you
August 15th, 2005 05:25 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
How do you get on jb's great friend list?

Pledge your allegiance to Barry Goldwater, or Mel Gibson...

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)