ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CD launch for Bill Clinton tunes (nsc) Return to archive
August 15th, 2005 11:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels CD launch for Bill Clinton tunes

A compilation CD featuring some of former US President Bill Clinton's favourite rock 'n' roll, jazz and gospel songs is to be released.

The Bill Clinton Collection: Selections from the Clinton Music Room will be the first in a series of CDs of the former president's favourite tunes.

Artists featured on the albums include John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Nina Simone and Judy Collins.

The 11-track CD will go on sale at the Clinton Museum Store in Arkansas.

Clinton's tunes
My One and Only Love - John Coltrane
Harlem Nocturne - David Sandborn
My Funny Valentine - Miles Davis
The Town I Loved So Well - Phil Coulter
Summertime - Zoot Sims
Chelsea Morning - Judy Collins

Connie Fails, who runs the shop near the Clinton Library in Little Rock, Arkansas, said Clinton heard the CD for the first time last week.

She said: "I wanted to make sure his CD was going on when he came into the store.

"Not six foot in the door, he stopped, looked at me and said: 'What is that?' He took the demo and by the time he got to the golf course, all the windows of his car were down and he was blasting it."

The CD is the latest joint venture for the museum and shop.

The museum is running a temporary exhibit until the end of the year on Clinton's love for music, including a replica of the music room built for him at the White House.

The Clinton Presidential Foundation has been working for months to acquire licensing rights to certain tracks.

The CD is expected to go on sale in four to five weeks.
August 15th, 2005 12:02 PM
FPM C10 Wow. A lot cooler than the list of what's on W's iPod.

I'm not nuts about David Sanborn (NOT Sandborn) but all that other jazz stuff is great.

Remember when Clinton told MTV that as a kid he wanted to play sax for Thelonious Monk and the veejay (Martha Quinn?) said "Who is the loneliest monk?"

who IS the loneliest monk???
August 15th, 2005 12:07 PM
Joey

For Hillary " Puss Puss " Clinton ! :

"Woman"

" Woman I can hardly express,
My mixed emotion at my thoughtlessness,
After all I'm forever in your debt,
And woman I will try express,
My inner feelings and thankfullness,
For showing me the meaning of success,
oooh well, well,
oooh well, well,

Woman I know you understand
The little child inside the man,
Please remember my life is in your hands,
And woman hold me close to your heart,
However, distant don't keep us apart,
After all it is written in the stars,
oooh well, well,
oooh well, well,

Woman please let me explain,
I never mean(t) to cause you sorrow or pain,
So let me tell you again and again and again,
I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever,
I love you (yeah, yeah).... "

Joey Lennon !

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)