ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones tickets Fenway Return to archive
August 14th, 2005 07:07 PM
cromo731 I bought 8 floor seats @ Fenway for the opening of the Stones tour. I thought there would no problem selling any extras. Apparently that's not the case. Ticket brokers here won't touch these unless they are in the front rows. We are on the floor but not in the front sections. These posted on E-Bay for a week at face value without a single bid. I paid $483 each for these tickets thru ticketmaster and I can't get rid of them. I think Mick and the boys have ripped me off!

Mike in Boston
August 14th, 2005 07:12 PM
lotsajizz a scumbag, profit-seeking scalper complaining about a ripoff?!?! look in the mirror buddy! how much profit were you looking for?
August 14th, 2005 07:18 PM
JesusMe The Stones know what they are doing, they released the tickets one show at a time to ensure a sell out(because they know 60% of tickets will go to panicking fans who think $200-$450 for a ticket is a steal) and the other 40% go to brokers...

Unless you have the really shitty seats with the $60 face value or the REALLY GOOD SEATS (I am talking about first few rows of the stage) All the tickets are ridiculously priced and they are not worth what you paid...

If I would have known then what I know now, I would have waited for the after market to buy tickets, because this whole tour is a after market baragin..

This whole tour was an excellent marketing job by the Stones management, they sure as hell cleaned house.....

But sadly I dont think it can work again, and that goes for other bands who think they can capitalize on what the Stones did(with the $100 fee just to buy tickets, and charging what they think the brokers prices are as the face value)
August 14th, 2005 07:30 PM
cromo731
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
a scumbag, profit-seeking scalper complaining about a ripoff?!?! look in the mirror buddy! how much profit were you looking for?

No; I'am just a Beatles guy who bought as many tickets as was allowed because my wife the Stones fan said don't worry about it any tickets we can't use we can get rid of easily. She was wrong! I was only looking for face value and it now looks like I will have to sell for for well below cost because friends we bought tickets for baulked at the cost.
August 14th, 2005 07:59 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
cromo731 wrote:
I paid $483 each for these tickets thru ticketmaster and I can't get rid of them. I think Mick and the boys have ripped me off!

You ripped yourself off.

It's one thing to buy a pair for you and whomever, it's a whole 'nother thing to be looking to turn and burn six extras.

Lots of people who had the same idea will be settling for pennies on the dollar come showtime.
August 14th, 2005 09:30 PM
GimmeExile How did you buy 8? The ticket limit is 4.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)