ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Oakridge Boys (Yes I guess they are still alive) want an apology from the Stones/more Fox news p Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 13th, 2005 07:45 PM
Poison Dart The Oakridge Boys were on Fox News today and are demanding an apology from the Stones.

Apparently you must agree with THEIR redneck agenda.

Over on their message board there is a ton of Stones bashing going on.

I suggest we go over to their Dukes of Hazzard loving board and explain to them that in America everyone has the right to say what they want.

Again, I feel I must state I respect President Bush and I agree with many of his policys. But I am starting to get annoyed with Fox news and the propaganda they run.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
August 13th, 2005 07:51 PM
T&A
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
But I am starting to get annoyed with Fox news and the propaganda they run.
[Edited by Poison Dart]

Good - you can hopefully join the many of us who've been pissed or at least bemused at their ineptness from the beginning.
August 13th, 2005 08:08 PM
Poplar
cue FPM:
August 13th, 2005 08:11 PM
Gazza we could always boycott the Oakridge Boys..

oh wait...
August 13th, 2005 09:18 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:
we could always boycott the Oakridge Boys..

oh wait...

Yepper, I was about to burn all my Oakridge Boys CDs and then I remembered.......
August 13th, 2005 09:29 PM
Larry Dallas I believe that the Oak Ridge Boys owe us a lot more of an apology than the Stones ever will. They helped kill country music in the eighties with their pop shit that put George Jones and Johnny Cash off the radio. Will they ever apologize for that? I'll be sure to boycott their tour of the Wal Marts 2005.

It's funny about the Oak Ridge Boys because I once walked into a Bruce Springsteen concert right along side William Lee Golden, who is the "long haired" Oak Ridge Boy. He was a paying customer just like me, even though the show was in Nashville, TN. He couldn't get a comp ticket in Nashville, so I guess the Boys have fallen upon hard times and need a little Fox News shot of love to get their name back out there. Fuck the Oak Ridge Boys.
August 13th, 2005 10:00 PM
Phog Jesus, I just looked at their official message board and they've got a four-page thread going on this thing. So far only one Stones fan has gotten into the mix (wasn't me). Lots of clever comments about Jagger's lips. Knee-slappin' humour.
August 13th, 2005 11:55 PM
jb It's funny, b/c their lead singer once called the group the "rolling stones" of country music. The righties here who support Fox News must feel like total ____________? But they will still manage to blame in on Clinton.....
August 14th, 2005 12:20 AM
texile im dissapointed...saw them at the astrodome at thier elvira peak and now im just......sad.
i guess walmart will take the one copy of jum back off the racks......and then what?
the stones have pissed off the oakridge boys - after all these years of debauchery, its come to this?
August 14th, 2005 12:26 AM
Bloozehound all day I've been rackin my brain trying to remember what the hell songs the Oakridge boys sang

Elvira

hahha

giddy up ah um pow um pow a bang gow or whatever

I like that song

[Edited by Bloozehound]
August 14th, 2005 12:26 AM
jb It just shows you how far right this country has really gone..a stupid song not even naming the Prez, and the riighties are declaring war..they know exactly whom they want to target and like rabid dogs, attack unrelentingly...You gotta hand it to them, they are much smarter and tougher then us lefties. From the minute Busg won, they didn't celebrate, but targeted the next senator/congressman they were going to get defeated...just like they got rid of Daschle...But as they say, to the victors, go the spoils....
August 14th, 2005 12:30 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
It just shows you how far right this country has really gone..a stupid song not even naming the Prez, and the riighties are declaring war..they know exactly whom they want to target and like rabid dogs, attack unrelentingly...You gotta hand it to them, they are much smarter and tougher then us lefties. From the minute Busg won, they didn't celebrate, but targeted the next senator/congressman they were going to get defeated...just like they got rid of Daschle...But as they say, to the victors, go the spoils....

As long as I got my Stones and my dick, the neo-con attack dogs are nothing more than an annoying itch on my fun.
August 14th, 2005 12:38 AM
jb It's n ot just Neo-Cons...it's Fox News, it's the soon to be far right Supreme Court, it's the State Houses, and local Governments..........this country is as scary as I have ever experienced...and not from terrorists..but from our own who seek to want to legislate our morality, send our kids off to die after a failed war, and take away a womens reproductive rights............fucking disgusting.. Even the righties here , reluctantly, are embarrassed by Fox New's coverage of "Neo-Con".
August 14th, 2005 02:16 AM
time is on my side It's disgusting how intolerant some people or groups have gotten of other people or groups when they hold different beliefs or points of view than their own. Doesn't make any difference whether it's coming from the right or left. They're just intolerant of each other. FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION should always be allowed in this country. Whether it be Bill Clinton or George Bush in power, the opposition should freely be allowed to express their points of view without the fear of intimidation. This is how democracy is maintained. If my memory serves me correctly, there was strong vocal and media opposition of Bill Clinton during his entire time in office. He was held accountable for his actions. The same should hold true for Bush. Why is unpatriotic to disagree with his policies???? He should be held accountable by those that disagree with him just like Clinton was held accountable.

Where were The Oakridge Boys when Toby Keith sang his song in reaction to 9/11??? In fact, where was the outrage and controversy??? Many looked upon his song as pro Bush. In the same way, the STONES have the right to express their opinions in the form of a song. My guess is whether they be Toby Keith or the Rolling Stones, they're not going to be changing many minds in the current environment. Personally, I had no problem with Toby Keith's song just as I have no problem with neo con. They have the right to express how they feel. What gives????

[Edited by time is on my side]
August 14th, 2005 02:23 AM
The_Worst
quote:
jb wrote:
but from our own who seek to want to legislate our morality, send our kids off to die after a failed war, and take away a womens reproductive rights............fucking disgusting.. Even the righties here , reluctantly, are embarrassed by Fox New's coverage of "Neo-Con".

Not to be nitpicking because I could care less about abortion pro-life or pro-choice but isn't it the lefties position that they want the right to "not reproduce"?
August 14th, 2005 02:28 AM
The_Worst
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
It's disgusting how intolerant some people or groups have gotten of other people or groups when they hold different beliefs or point of view than their own. Doesn't make any difference whether it's coming from the right or left. The're just intolerant of each other. FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION should always be allowed in this country. Whether it be Bill Clinton or George Bush in power, the opposition should freely be allowed to express their points of view without the fear of intimidation. This is how democracy is maintained. If my memory serves me correctly, there was strong vocal and media opposition of Bill Clinton during his entire time in office. He was held accountable for his actions. The same should hold true for Bush. Why is unpatriotic to disagree with his policies???? He should be held accountable by those that disagree with him just like Clinton was held accountable.

Where were The Oakridge Boys when Toby Keith sang his song in reaction to 9/11??? In fact, where was the outrage and controversy??? Many looked upon his song as pro Bush. In the same way, the STONES have the right to express their opinions in the form of a song. My guess is whether they be Toby Keith or the Rolling Stone, their not going to be changing many minds in the current environment. Personally, I had no problem with Keith's song just as I have no problem with neo con. They have the right to express how they feel. What gives????

I am a proud Republican but I agree Fox News is getting a little crazy but I don't get your argument regarding freedom of speech. I don't think anyone on Fox News said the Stones shouldn't have the right to release the song. I think they are just disagreeing with it. Isn't that just a difference of opinion & isn't that what freedom of speech is all about?
August 14th, 2005 02:54 AM
time is on my side
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

I am a proud Republican but I agree Fox News is getting a little crazy but I don't get your argument regarding freedom of speech. I don't think anyone on Fox News said the Stones shouldn't have the right to release the song. I think they are just disagreeing with it. Isn't that just a difference of opinion & isn't that what freedom of speech is all about?

Yes, but what is Fox news disagreeing to??? The right of an entertainer, whether it be the STONES or anyone else, to disagree wth Bush??? Frankly, I'm not sure I understand your point. You say Fox news is saying the STONES HAVE THE right to release the song but then you are saying they are disagreeing with it.???? Are you talking about the content. Where was Fox news when Toby Keith released his song??? I don't recall hearing anything negative but, if I recall, he got very positive coverage from them.
August 14th, 2005 03:02 AM
Bloozehound IT'S OVER!!

the Oakridgeboys are ridin into town!!!

Lock up your trash and leave your wimmin folk out by the curb, there gonna burn this town to the ground!!!!!!

gidy up uh um bab ah um boppa ah baby

game over man!!!!
August 14th, 2005 06:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
I believe that the Oak Ridge Boys owe us a lot more of an apology than the Stones ever will. They helped kill country music in the eighties with their pop shit that put George Jones and Johnny Cash off the radio. Will they ever apologize for that? I'll be sure to boycott their tour of the Wal Marts 2005.

LOL

August 14th, 2005 08:16 AM
corgi37 Yee haaaw! Godamn foreign mother fuckers, we fixed their ass in Nam

Er, well, kinda.

Well, we found Osama!!

Oh yeaH!

USA! USA!

Well, kinda

Hey, we beat he shit outta Granada!!

Hell, yeah! Pass the Chilli dogs.

Beat the ass off them 8 people.

Took 200,000 of us, but we WHIPPED THEM!!

Say, lets give democracy to North Korea!!

Whats that?

They got missiles as big as ours?

Team America, Fuck yeah!

Lets invade some poor cunts

Somalia!!!

Fuck, yeah, AMerica!!

What? We got beaten by some illiterate cock sucker WE FUCKING TRAINED!!

Fuck yeah, AMerica

Can we invade Granada again??

This was a paid political announcement on behalf of A.S.S

Aussies stirring shit

August 14th, 2005 08:19 AM
jb Maybe the righties here will finally wake up and bring there [arty more towards the center....I doubt it as they claim they are against big government, yet have the largest deficit in history, seek to ammend the constitution to define marriage, and seek to override Roe v zWade and control women's reproductive rights...........and they hate the Rolling Stones b/c they have a song questioning the war which to date, has killed over 1800 valiant men and women to "democratize" Iraq. Yet, Iran , China and N. Korea remain are biggest threats and we do nothing because bullies like our President, only pick on Nations which posed no serious military threat...
August 14th, 2005 11:28 AM
Phog JB, I think that you and I could get along just fine if we met.
August 14th, 2005 11:33 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
The Oakridge Boys were on Fox News today and are demanding an apology from the Stones.

Of course they are. Nothing like free marketing to show people they're still alive.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
August 14th, 2005 11:37 AM
jb
quote:
Phog wrote:
JB, I think that you and I could get along just fine if we met.

I am sure as well.....Joey may see you!!!!
August 14th, 2005 12:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Of course they are. Nothing like free marketing to show people they're still alive.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]

Holy bony moronie! Take a look at the dude in the lower left. A face just in need of a sucker punch. What a bunch of twerps. Contrast those pansies with Mick Jagger. Now thats a guy who has inspired God knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue."
August 14th, 2005 12:27 PM
jb The baritone guy is excellent..sang back up for Elvis..sad thing is I alwasy kinda liked the Oak Ridge Boys and they had to open their big fucking republican mouths on Fox News.
August 14th, 2005 02:42 PM
Gazza
quote:

[Edited by Lazy Bones]

Christ on a fucking bike.

Never mind the Stones saying sorry, maybe these guys should be demanding apologies from the fashionistas and style gurus who inflicted THIS on them!
August 14th, 2005 03:41 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
jb wrote:
Maybe the righties here will finally wake up and bring there [arty more towards the center....I doubt it as they claim they are against big government, yet have the largest deficit in history, seek to ammend the constitution to define marriage, and seek to override Roe v zWade and control women's reproductive rights...........and they hate the Rolling Stones b/c they have a song questioning the war which to date, has killed over 1800 valiant men and women to "democratize" Iraq. Yet, Iran , China and N. Korea remain are biggest threats and we do nothing because bullies like our President, only pick on Nations which posed no serious military threat...

JB, I agree with every word you just said here. If I ever got the chance to meet you, I would shake your hand.
August 14th, 2005 04:04 PM
jb
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:

JB, I agree with every word you just said here. If I ever got the chance to meet you, I would shake your hand.

You shall be greeted..........
August 14th, 2005 06:01 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Yepper, I was about to burn all my Oakridge Boys CDs and then I remembered.......

LOL. I had never even heard of them till this thread, guess they don't get out much (internationally). When I saw that name I thought it maybe was one of them American sports teams, like baskett ball or American Football or something. Turns out to be a country music group. They probably like ZZ TOP by the looks of it.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)