ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sweet Neo Con Lyrics Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 12th, 2005 08:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Please do not twist this into a political fight

This is transcription that a very nice friend did, she has given us some great stuff during the last tour but now she wants to remain annonymous. Thanks B!

You call yourself a Christian
I think that you're a hypocrite
You say you are a patriot
I think that you are a crock of shit

And listen about the price of gasoline (not sure about this...)
I drink it every day
But its getting very pricey
And who is goin' to pay

Oh oh you're so wrong
My sweet Neocon

It's liberty for all
'cause democracy's our style
unless you are against us
Then it's prison without trial

But one thing that is certain
Like this girl in Haliburton
If you're really so astute
You should invest in ???

How come you're so wrong
My Sweet Neocon
If you turn out right
I'll eat my hat tonight

It's gettin' very scary
Yeah, I'm frightened out of my wits
There's police in my bedroom
Yeah, and it's giving me the shits

We must have looked for reasons
To protect us from our (own?)
???
We're doing it alone

How come your so wrong
my sweet neocon
Where's the money gone
In the Pentagon

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.... Neocon!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
August 12th, 2005 08:05 PM
Angiegirl "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.... Neocon!"

Mick is a true poet.
August 12th, 2005 08:06 PM
Soldatti
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Thanks B!

Thanks Bush? lol.
Hard hittin' lyrics, isn't it?
August 12th, 2005 08:09 PM
Riffhard Even if I were a liberal,commie,pinko,democrat I would see these lyrics as pure palbum and banal shite. I mean c'mon guys these lyrics are pure tripe. "gives me the shits" ?!?!? WTF? That's just lame,lame,lame,and I don't say that because I'm conservative. I say that because those lyrics suck. There I said it! They suck with teeth,and that is not a good way to suck.

Though,from what I have heard of this album I'd say that A Bigger Bang will survive this horible drivel. There is much to like for sure.

Riffhard
August 12th, 2005 08:10 PM
texile yeah, i wish jagger would write shit like this more often.........
his take on relationships has gotten stale - but this has bite.
August 12th, 2005 08:12 PM
texile well, that's a take on it - as a conservative. gotta find a reason NOT to like, huh?
hey, its direct...maybe not poetry - but ballsy.
August 12th, 2005 08:17 PM
The Wick I actually thought the lyrics are pretty damn solid. I was actually thinking this is some of his best stuff in a long time. From the clip on amazon, it sounds like it completely flows to the music, which has always been one of Jagger's biggest skills. Now if you want bad, all one has to do is listen to SOL. Everyone should delete that track from their album. I was thinking about it and I think it is the worst song they have ever done.
August 12th, 2005 08:21 PM
Riffhard
quote:
texile wrote:
well, that's a take on it - as a conservative. gotta find a reason NOT to like, huh?
hey, its direct...maybe not poetry - but ballsy.

I swear the god I'm telling the truth here. I find the lyrics amaturish. Nothing to do whatsoever with my politics.

I mean read these and tell me that this good-"It's gettin' very scary
Yeah, and it's giving me the shits"

Can you honestly say that those are good lyrics? You may like the ballsyness of them,but I mean c'mon?!
They maybe better than,"sharks will cry",and "I saved some turkey and some stuffing too",but just barely.

That's my completely non-partisan take on those lyrics. Honest.

Riffhard

August 12th, 2005 08:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Even if I were a liberal,commie,pinko,democrat I would see these lyrics as pure palbum and banal shite. I mean c'mon guys these lyrics are pure tripe. "gives me the shits" ?!?!? WTF? That's just lame,lame,lame,and I don't say that because I'm conservative. I say that because those lyrics suck. There I said it! They suck with teeth,and that is not a good way to suck.

Though,from what I have heard of this album I'd say that A Bigger Bang will survive this horible drivel. There is much to like for sure.

I am a leftie, and I agree with you on the quality of the lyrics Riffhard.

Howe 'bout that??
August 12th, 2005 08:24 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Yeah, and it's giving me the shits"

Can you honestly say that those are good lyrics?

"If you turn out right
I'll eat my hat tonight"

Not much better either...
August 12th, 2005 08:30 PM
glencar Well, I actually liked the snippet I heard on Gerardo's link elsewhere but I didn't like the snippet from amazon. Yes, the lyrics are simplistic but that's what politics has become, innit? Mick's done much better in the past. Let's hope the rest of the CD lyrics are better than this & SOL.
August 12th, 2005 08:32 PM
Riffhard Thank you sweet Angie! This is beyond the political angle with me. Frankly I'm sick to death of the whole political angle. It's become very stale.

Riffhard
August 12th, 2005 08:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I swear the god I'm telling the truth here. I find the lyrics amaturish.

I agree with you, actually. I've already said the same about the lyrics to ONNYA as well. The lyrics on both songs are banal and puerile, although musically both songs are good.

If you're going to make a POINT in a song it helps to have lyrics that have a bit of bite, not just as an excuse to throw a few swearwords in here and there for the sake of a cheap rhyme. Regardless of the subject matter, those lyrics dont convince.

Fortunately, from what I've heard of the rest of the record, albeit in lo-fi quality, I'm very happy with it overall and I think most people will feel the same. I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more when I get the official product blasting in my ears in just over 3 weeks.

The Stones are back with a big bang with this one
August 12th, 2005 08:46 PM
charlotte so it's about Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin afterall...
August 12th, 2005 08:47 PM
glencar The Stones have never been as soporific as the Beatles but they've had their bad lyrical moments.
August 12th, 2005 08:48 PM
Surround Sister Hey.
Listen again, read:

It's gettin' very scary

This is GREAT.
This is Stones.
What did you expect? Cave? Morrisey?
Come on!

Anyway this track is givin the neocons the shite & the creeps; its a door-opener of gigantic proportions, which by all means will grow out of any proportion...
August 12th, 2005 08:50 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
for the sake of a cheap rhyme.

Right on, that's it.

It reminds me of this: Here in Holland we celebrate Sinterklaas, which is something like Christmas (an old man giving kids presents) on December 5. There's this old tradition that people write Sinterklaas-rhymes, in which you give out some hints about the nature of the present and ususally some humurous remarks about the receiver of the present. You pretend that the sender is Sinterklaas of course. Most people are bad at this, so you get these sentences, and they can't find a fitting word at the end to rhyme with the line above.

When we were kids, we would write down some stupid sentences and then when finished, we would add random rhyming words at the end of each sentence, which was hilarious when the person had to read out loud this poem.

It feels like Mick has been doing something similar .
August 12th, 2005 08:52 PM
gotdablouse Agreed, Mick's lyrics are horrible these days, he just hum the melodies or get someone to ghost write for him, Robert Smith, Van Dyke Parks, Macca, anyone will do better.
August 12th, 2005 08:53 PM
Riffhard Exactly Gazza! Jagger seems to be searching for cheap rhymes with "shits" and "wits" among others. As for ONNYA,I agree again with you about the lyrics,but I must say I really dig the raunch and roll vibe,and the thrashing geetars though! It sounds alot like "Whip Comes Down" to me.

Riffhard
August 12th, 2005 08:54 PM
Poplar
certainly spotty at times.
however, Back of My Hand.
August 12th, 2005 09:12 PM
Surround Sister shits
and
wits
I may be the only one here that thinks so:
but this is genius stuff, for me.
Classical stuff.
No kiddin.
Go back in the folkloristic literature in the 16-1700īs.
Read (e.g.) Carl Michael Bellman!!!
These lads are jokers, no intellectuals.
Problem is: we here at the boards are. Intellectuals.
August 12th, 2005 09:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Hey.
Listen again, read:

It's gettin' very scary

Nope...I was right the first time. Its banal. Sorry.
August 12th, 2005 09:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Exactly Gazza! Jagger seems to be searching for cheap rhymes with "shits" and "wits" among others.

dont forget "wit" and "tit" on ONNYA...lol

August 12th, 2005 09:22 PM
Riffhard Banal is indeed the operative word here. You want an example of Jagger writing truly stinging rhymes? How about these-"I rode a TANK,,held a general's RANK while the blitzkrieg raged,and the bodies STANK" Now that is ryhming with a purpose. "Wits" and "Shits" is bush league shite.

Riffhard
August 12th, 2005 09:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Banal is indeed the operative word here. You want an example of Jagger writing truly stinging rhymes? How about these-"I rode a TANK,,held a general's RANK while the blitzkrieg raged,and the bodies STANK" Now that is ryhming with a purpose. "Wits" and "Shits" is bush league shite.

going by ONNYA's lyrics, had he written Sympathy in 2005, Mick would have ended that with "while the blitzkrieg raged, I had a WANK"
August 12th, 2005 09:27 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

going by ONNYA's lyrics, had he written Sympathy in 2005, Mick would have ended that with "while the blitzkrieg raged, I had a WANK"

ROTFLMAO!!!!! Indeed! He probably did! Have a wank that is during the writing of those lyrics!

Riffhard
August 12th, 2005 09:31 PM
Gazza To give him credit where its due, the lyrics on the rest of the album seem way above that standard. Its not Gimme Shelter or Sympathy (how could it be?) but they seem solid enough
August 12th, 2005 09:35 PM
gotdablouse Yes, who would have thought that Mick had become a wanker...

BOMH has pretty good lyrics, SOL's, RJ's and ONNYA's are idiotic, what tracks do you have in mind with solid lyrics so far ?
August 12th, 2005 09:35 PM
Surround Sister Banal is the point.
Pleae dont miss it.
"We just pass it on", Keith says.
Its not Nobel prize in Literature here.
I was a poet in my former life
(talkin 1988-1992 in particular here),
also influenced by Morrisonīs mix of high and low.
Its easier if you can shift between Beggarīs toilet walls
and higher levels.

And:
[Edited by Surround Sister]
August 12th, 2005 09:46 PM
time is on my side When you put the lyrics through the microscope and exam them in detail, I agree they're not that great. Below average lyrics at best even though I do feel Jagger does a good job in getting his point of view across- the lyrics are so simple no one can mistake what he is talking about.

Forget the political angle. The main thing I want to know- does it rock??? Is it a good song??? How's the music??? What kind of beat does it have????
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)