ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just listened on Amazon.com... Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 12th, 2005 02:59 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT wow, listen to every song for the 10-15 seconds they give me...

Let Me Down Slow sounds like something in the 60's around 67...cant think of the song when he says Sloooow, cant think of the song

Wont take Long reminds me on Gunface a little bit

Rain Fall Down seems like they are trying to be hip, like Suck on the Jagular

Back of My Hand has potential... i need to hear the whole thing more then any other song to give it a real chance

She saw me Coming, just hear the refrain so its nothing special, for the 15 seconds

Biggest Mistake nothing special to me from what they gave

Place is Empty... another Keith ballad, better the Losing My Touch though.

ONNYA - FUKING ROCKER!!!!!! faster then the PC!

Dangerous Beauty sounds raw and gritty, has a lotta potential

Laugh I nearly Died - Slow song thats like already over me, just doesnt seem to have the climax that the song did during Already Over Me

Sweet Neo Con - Catchy song...
people will head hunt this one in the media for a while

Cat drug in, Probably the best beat on the record.

Driving to fast sounds awesome but the words in the refrain lack big time. Musically top 5 song

Infamy, better then Empty Place, could be a cool song to listen to as you drink, relaxing but not boring... kinda like You dont have to mean it BUT not as fast or jamming, smooth.

THATS ALL I COULD GET OUTTA 10-15 seconds per song!!!
August 12th, 2005 03:09 PM
T&A was impressed with most of the 29 second samples. clearly ONNSOL is the only really out-and-out dog on the album. i can live with that.
August 12th, 2005 03:10 PM
T&A
quote:
eXiLe oN 2nD sT wrote:
wow, listen to every song for the 10-15 seconds they give me...

why only 10-15 seconds? All mine are exactly 29 seconds.
August 12th, 2005 03:22 PM
gimmekeef Anyway to save them as mp3's etc?
August 12th, 2005 03:32 PM
glencar Mine are also 29/30 seconds.
August 12th, 2005 03:35 PM
T&A by the by - Infamy is definitely second cousin of Rockawhile - and nothing wrong with that....
August 12th, 2005 03:38 PM
glencar My takes:

Rough Justice Like it!

Let Me Down Slow sounds like something in the 60's around 67...cant think of the song when he says Sloooow, cant think of the song

Wont take Long is nondescript

Rain Fall Down feh.

Back of My Hand Is slower than I thought it would be.

She saw me Coming, like this one a bit more.

Biggest Mistake nothing but filler.

Place is Empty... another Keith ballad, not as slow as the horrible Losing My Touch though.

ONNYA - F*****G ROCKER!!!!!! faster then the PC!

Dangerous Beauty I like this one alot!@

Laugh I nearly Died - didn't hear enough to like it. Too slow.

Sweet Neo Con - drivel. Garbled drivel.

Cat drug in, Mick sure sings fast!

Driving too fast rocks fast & hard.

Infamy, Nice way to end the CD. A bit reggae.

[/quote]
August 12th, 2005 03:53 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT i didnt hear them from here yet, amazon's cuts were shorter... just noticed the 30 seconds of winterland thread
August 12th, 2005 04:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
T&A wrote:
by the by - Infamy is definitely second cousin of Rockawhile - and nothing wrong with that....

I was wondering what seemed familiar about it. You nailed it
August 12th, 2005 05:50 PM
tumbling dice
My opinion is in just 30 secs, but...

Rough justice- A great rocker! A kick ass in the beggining!

Let me down slow- electric country,fast,good,the groove is very sixties COOL!

It wonīt too long - strange..I have to hear more.

Rain Fall Down - What a groove!! excellent!!

Steets of love- a trowaway ballad . Forget it...

Back of my hand- the dignity is back!! Robert Johnson is live, Great blues!!

she saw me coming - I donīt like the chorus,but i donīt hear all the tune. I have to wait...

Biggest mistake- Itīs seems good ,maybe it gonna be much better when i hear more

Place is empty-30 secīs of Keith beautiful ballad..

Oh no , not you again- A perfect intro,great riff,Charlie on the top!maybe the best of the record.

Dangerous Beauty- A hard rocker. Charlie again!

Laugh, I nearly died- A killer ballad! bluesy!

sweet Neo con- A bad chorus again, maybe the first part is better.

Look what cat...- A funky groove,itīs like `īsex driveīī and INXS

Driving too fast- A good rocker! a cousin of Hang Fire.Nice to hear in the car ,to go out, to get your rockīs off..

Infamy- COOL!!! Keith is the man! nice Mickīs harmonica,hypnotic song..
August 12th, 2005 05:53 PM
Some Guy I dig them all!!
August 12th, 2005 06:09 PM
ListenToTheLion I am really surprised how one can judge an album after hearing 30 seconds of each song. I have of course listened but I have only a very superficial impression. I only can judge when I have heard an album in its entirety and also after hearing it at least a dozen times.
August 12th, 2005 06:28 PM
Poplar
my "problem" with Neocon - i can't get past the AWESOME audience "rap" delivered at the very begining of Voodoo's version. whoever that is, they produced a bitch'n line.

could someone please translate that.

ps - Infamy sounds cool as hell.
August 12th, 2005 06:37 PM
Taptrick
If you have only heard the official links for Laugh, I neraly died...then go back and listen to Voodoo's 2nd link on the 30 Seconds Over Winterland thread. This captures the best part of this song.

August 12th, 2005 07:22 PM
Soldatti The record sounds very fresh, with some touches of GITD here and there but with better songs, best arrangements and good production.
August 12th, 2005 08:07 PM
Angiegirl I'm pleasantly surprised. Gonna listen to them again. And again.
D'ya reckon Amazon's suffering a server overload yet??
August 12th, 2005 08:50 PM
Surround Sister
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I was wondering what seemed familiar about it. You nailed it

(Rockawhile)

I hear Winos spirit here & there at ABB; but more than that the SOUL of the Rolling Stones... !
August 12th, 2005 10:57 PM
Daethgod the more i hear LIND teh more I dig it

smoky, warbly, and of course STONESY !

August 13th, 2005 04:45 AM
IanBillen I listened to the 30 sec. clips from all tracks on Amazon and I like some songs while others are not that great. Biggest Mistake and Infamy I don't really go crazy over.

Well How the heck can you call an album on 30 sec. flashes....you can't. But this is my take thus far:

ONNYA is HOT! Smokin Baby and thick. Great Energy. That fucker rocks like the Stones of old. That song takes you back in time it is so smokin. Straight up.
SOL Good Tune
RJ-Good damn tune.
Sweet Neo-con - is addictive. I can't get the choarus out of my head. I really dig it. Not even from a political stand-point.
Dangerous Beauty - is direct and raw. Like it.
Let me down slow - is a little lack luster at this point but every song can't be killer ....at-least that is the way it seems right now.
This Place is Empty - is a good tune. Heart-felt

***Oh yes, "Driving Too Fast" is cool....but is it me or could that have been Tom Petty singing that one? Sure runs like a Heart-Breakers number from the late seventies.

I am not blown away or dissapointed thus far....except for ONNYA..(Man it screams). But that was just like a movie preview....you can't even think about judging it officially yet. Still looking forward to buying it though.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
August 13th, 2005 05:54 AM
maumau
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
If you have only heard the official links for Laugh, I neraly died...then go back and listen to Voodoo's 2nd link on the 30 Seconds Over Winterland thread. This captures the best part of this song.

right! the 2 voodoo's excerpts made me salivate with anticipation about that song > seems like a great r'n'b with great delivery from mick

amazon's clip says nothing but "it's a ballad"
August 13th, 2005 07:29 AM
Daethgod heya

is there any way of saving the amazon sound grabs ?

ive tried a few different progs but the sound gets all screwed up ..?
any ideas ?

" Ive been to Africa, looking for my soul, and I feel like i have ta ...... (cant decipher yet ).."

August 13th, 2005 07:37 AM
maumau
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
heya
is there any way of saving the amazon sound grabs ?

this is what i did:

download this free software
http://www.download.com/SoundCapture/3000-2168_4-10117490.html?tag=lst-0-2

that record diirectly what comes out of you soundcard

install, go to amazon push play on the playlist tracks
push rec on that program

here you go
August 13th, 2005 10:07 PM
Daethgod tx man

its workin !

August 14th, 2005 02:17 AM
exile OK OK...I saw the links 2 days ago

I said....no Ill just wait till the album, I have already heard 4 songs ....dont want to ruin the surprise

Sweet Lord!...I tried

I held off for two days then ...fuck it I went over and got an earful of the new stones album in 30 second clips!

I must say that im impressed so far. Like someone mentioned earlier the 'sweet neocon' chourus has been running in my head all day

I also thought ONNYA was a absolute balltearer..I didnt like the live version all that much, but the studio version sounds FUCKING good so far.

I also Liked the sound of 'Laugh? I nearly Died'...

It ALL sounds pretty good so far...

The only one that didnt sound all that great to me was dangerous beauty, but pretty hard to judge from 30 sec...will see soon when album released.

August 14th, 2005 07:37 AM
Daethgod i put em all together and have a 8 minute track of new Stones !
August 15th, 2005 06:52 AM
crb69 It sounds to me that all the hype we've been hearing is correct. This new CD is gonna rock out! Any avid Stones fan can hear it right away on the audio samples Amazon provides. The few songs the Stones released don't do the new album much "justice". It sounds to me like this will be a huge record and that of which they haven't had since Some Girls - Lot's o' rock n' roll!

This tour is gonna ROCK!
August 15th, 2005 07:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
exile wrote:
The only one that didnt sound all that great to me was dangerous beauty, but pretty hard to judge from 30 sec...will see soon when album released.

Thats actually the only song I havent yet heard in full (I've heard the rest of the songs mostly in lo-fi quality apart from ONNYA - so at least having heard the live version I've a decent idea of what its like) but the 30 second clip of Dangerous Beauty has me salivating. I think it sounds fantastic and cant wait to hear the rest of it. I cant get the riff out of my head.

Laugh I Nearly Died is the killer cut for me on this album, an absolute stone masterpiece, but the one that's really growing on me in recent days is Biggest Mistake. Couldnt get into it much based on the brief samples, but the full version is really nice, although I dont expect everyone will rave about it.

The Daily Mail wrote a piece the other day speculating that Oh No, Not You Again was a "foul mouthed" blast at Jerry, but they've conveniently overlooked a really good song which could just as easily reflect another view of a broken relationship.

One thing that leaps out at you about this record, though is that it really IS made for live performance. Every song on it would work well in concert.
[Edited by Gazza]
August 15th, 2005 07:44 AM
maumau it really seems that LIND is THE song of this new album. There's a general consesus both from who has heard the whole song and who has heard just the clips of it.

i'm glad to hear that BM is growin on you gazza. good sign for me. it was the weakest sample for me.
August 15th, 2005 08:21 AM
exile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
but the 30 second clip of Dangerous Beauty has me salivating. I think it sounds fantastic and cant wait to hear the rest of it. I cant get the riff out of my head.

Yes I know what you mean....I thought the guitar or riff was great. Really great Vintage stones

I was just saying I just didnt go for the chorus.."dangerous, dangerous, dangerous"....sounded very Jagger solo album to me.

HELL what am a saying I havent even heard the song. So Im just going to say that on the whole the album is sounding great.

In saying that I listened again today and they all sounded even better today, so maybe its that first impression thing that we sometimes get.
August 15th, 2005 08:26 AM
Jair The best since Some Girls????
Well, I don't think so.
None of the songs really surprised me. I was
waiting something better.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)