ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Phoenix Boot? Return to archive
August 12th, 2005 01:30 PM
gimmekeef Anyone seen any word of initial boots of the club show?.The last Ronnie show in March was like poof...here it is..I know Gazza et al helped that very much..But thought Toronto show would surface quickly???
August 12th, 2005 02:05 PM
Madafaka I'm looking for this boot since yesterday and nothing!
August 12th, 2005 03:01 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT damn, its been 36 hours... whats the hold up!!!!!

j/k
August 12th, 2005 04:19 PM
Stray Cat UK Everyone was metal detected at the door ............by BILL WYMAN !!!!!

It may not be taped ?..shit !

sc uk
August 12th, 2005 04:34 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Everyone was metal detected at the door ............by BILL WYMAN !!!!!

LOL
August 12th, 2005 04:46 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:

It may not be taped ?..shit !

sc uk

Oh someone taped it alright...Note the line "Filmed for a reported DVD"...the question is how does someone get a hold of it!!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7543363/therollingstones?rssfeed=musicnews&rnd=1123813541443&has-player=unknown
August 12th, 2005 04:52 PM
Poplar
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:

funny shit!
August 12th, 2005 05:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Oh someone taped it alright...Note the line "Filmed for a reported DVD"...the question is how does someone get a hold of it!!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7543363/therollingstones?rssfeed=musicnews&rnd=1123813541443&has-player=unknown

yeah the Stones had crew there filming it.

it'll surface...
August 13th, 2005 09:42 AM
Madafaka No news of this boot?
August 13th, 2005 09:52 AM
Lazy Bones I know how you feel, Madafaka. I feel it, too. In fact, we all do. Be patient. It'll surface.

The sbd copy of the Palais show took some time and the dvd for it, even longer.

Many times, after a show is transferred, the taper will sit on it for a bit to see if other recordings surface first. For many, it's a pride thing. Everyone has their own circulating strategies/techniques. Many shy away from circulating to the vast fan base.

Give it some time. We'll get there...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
August 13th, 2005 02:23 PM
Gazza its pot luck with these things..it depends on the taper and whether he's

1) doing this to share the music

or

2) doing it to make money, in which case he may have sold the recording to someone at Crystal Cat or some similar bootleg label to mass produce - in which case the first recording you hear of it may be on a factory pressed bootleg CD in a couple of months time

August 13th, 2005 02:38 PM
T&A
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
The sbd copy of the Palais show took some time and the dvd for it, even longer.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]

actually that's not true - I was listening to it within a few days of the show.
August 13th, 2005 03:25 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
T&A wrote:
actually that's not true - I was listening to it within a few days of the show.

Audience or sbd recording?

Sure, certain individuals will always hear/see shows first. Buddies have buddies. Depends on who you know and what type of recording it is, ie. sbd or aud.

I was referring to when vast circulation kicks in.

Bit torrent now speeds things up even quicker.
August 13th, 2005 03:33 PM
Rutger I remember hearing the Palais gig just days after the gig. There were mp3's on some site if I remember well.
August 13th, 2005 04:03 PM
Madafaka Thak you for your wise words Lazy Bones and Gazza, you both are right!
August 13th, 2005 04:32 PM
T&A soundboard - was listening to that within days....
August 14th, 2005 07:25 AM
Jumping Jack The DVD of Palais was to be a commercial relase but got out. Expect tighter controls this time. I suspect it will be on the fan club DVD.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)