ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brilliant post from Shiddoobee! Return to archive
August 10th, 2005 11:54 PM
Riffhard Check this out from Tongue Lady at Shiddoobee!! You gotta love it!

Just got a phone call from Moongoddessss (at the Sleazes)...
She said that at the end of the show, everyone came out for the final bow except Charlie...they left....the lights went down...the lights came back up...and it was JUST CHARLIE!!!
It absolutely brought the house down!!!
(And it absolutely brought all of us here to TEARS!!!!)

We all said prayers of thanks for letting us have Charlie and all the rest for this tour...WE ARE SOOOOO BLESSED, YOU KNOW!!!!!!!
"Ain't no party like a Rolling Stones Party cos a Rolling Stones Party Don't Stop!" ~TL, hob gospel brunch, dec02

Fuckin brilliant,ain't it!!!

Charlie's good everyfuckin' night ya cunt!

Riffhard
August 10th, 2005 11:56 PM
Steel Wheels You know, Charlie is everyone's darling!

CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!

August 10th, 2005 11:57 PM
Monkey Woman Great! That's absolutely brilliant!

Thanks anybody Over There for keeping us Charlie!
August 10th, 2005 11:59 PM
Angiegirl That's cool. Hope they keep the setlist AND Charlie's moment !
August 11th, 2005 12:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The greatest band in the world has always had the greatest fans too

Touching!
parmeda Thanks for sharing Charlie's story, Riffy...

What an overwhelming ending to what I'm sure will be remembered by everyone that was fortunate enough to witness it.
Poplar

Charie!
August 11th, 2005 12:10 AM
Monkey Woman Yeah! Charlie's moment... The finishing touch.

*happy smile spreading like crazy on my sleep-deprived brain*
August 11th, 2005 12:19 AM
Soldatti What a moment!
August 11th, 2005 01:14 AM
glencar God bless him!
August 11th, 2005 10:50 AM
FPM C10 WOW. That's fantastic. Thanks Riffy.

I can't wait to cheer till I'm hoarse in Hershey when Mick says "on drums - Charlie Watts!"
August 11th, 2005 11:22 AM
gimmekeef Life is good!.Man could this possibly be the fanclub dvd?...Hoping...and thanks for the Marley FCP10....WONDERFUL!!!!!!!
August 11th, 2005 11:24 AM
egon damn i got goose bumps!

August 11th, 2005 12:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
at the end of the show, everyone came out for the final bow except Charlie...they left....the lights went down...the lights came back up...and it was JUST CHARLIE!!!
It absolutely brought the house down!!!
(And it absolutely brought all of us here to TEARS!!!!)

it's moments like that that make all this stuff worthwhile

If I'd have been at that show last night, THAT would have been the everlasting memory, even if theyd preceded it with a 3 hour show of my personal choice of songs with me in the front row.

Beautiful.
August 11th, 2005 12:24 PM
gimmekeef There werent a dry eye in the house!....I know I'da lost it!!!!!
August 11th, 2005 12:29 PM
Trey Krimsin After all he's been through recently, Charlie deserved this moment. There would be no album, no tour, no Stones parties without Charlie.
August 14th, 2005 03:38 PM
Kbischoff Love that you use the Theodore Roosevelt quote. I just used it in a Presidential Quotes Quiz that I'm making for my class.
August 14th, 2005 04:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
Kbischoff wrote:
Love that you use the Theodore Roosevelt quote. I just used it in a Presidential Quotes Quiz that I'm making for my class.

which one was it?

It wasnt the one Riffhard used - "Charlie's good every fuckin' night ya c*nt!", was it?
August 14th, 2005 05:22 PM
FPM C10 He meant the one I use as a sig...the one that says the Stones are allowed to write songs like "Neocon"!

Yeah, Gimme, ain't that Marley boot amazing? Especially timely given the Stones doing "Get Up Stand Up". (MAN I hope I get to hear them do that!) It's hard to believe that Marley knew it was his last gig - he roars like a LION...everything's gonna be alright!

What an amazing man. Sorry I never got to see him.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)