ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Report from TomL Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 9th, 2005 05:38 PM
nankerphelge He is in line in Toronto!
And he is A'TINGLE

I am so happy for Tom

He is my partner in crime and beer
He is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet
He had a seat to the opener this year and passed it up because he promised his son he'd take him to another event.

He deserves to see them!

August 9th, 2005 05:46 PM
Angiegirl Good for him! I have no doubt he'll be in again!
August 9th, 2005 05:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
he'll be in again!

No Doubt at all .................................

August 9th, 2005 05:55 PM
mac_daddy
so the gig is tonight..?
August 9th, 2005 05:58 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

so the gig is tonight..?

No it's tomorrow.
August 9th, 2005 05:59 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
He had a seat to the opener this year and passed it up because he promised his son he'd take him to another event.

That's what I call fatherhood with honor! Fingers crossed that he gets into the club show....
August 9th, 2005 06:01 PM
mac_daddy
go tomL!!!
August 9th, 2005 06:51 PM
Gazza Tom's a top bloke..and my wife thinks the sun shines out his ass as well

I'm delighted for him if he gets in!
August 9th, 2005 06:52 PM
LadyJane YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

There isn't a more deserving guy than my dear friend TomL!!

I'm thinking of you, Buddy!!

I cannot wait for your review!!!!!!!!

Tingle..Tingle.

LJ.
August 9th, 2005 11:15 PM
Trey Krimsin TomL is one lucky guy. I drink a beer in honor of him.
August 10th, 2005 09:32 AM
nankerphelge Doug is reporting that Tom is in!

Yay!

August 10th, 2005 09:35 AM
Nellcote More Eyes & Ears from RO members..

Have a great time!
August 10th, 2005 10:31 AM
Monkey Woman Congrats, Tom! You deserve it!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 10th, 2005 10:36 AM
nankerphelge I just got off the phone with him again.
He is so Tingly he can barely speak!

They are back at the hotel getting cleaned up after 18 hours in line (16 of them standing).

He sends his sincere thanks for all the good wishes!
August 10th, 2005 10:39 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I just got off the phone with him again.

They are back at the hotel getting cleaned up after 18 hours in line (16 of them standing).

Congratulations Tom ..........................

Please feel free to type with your erect nipples
August 10th, 2005 12:36 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I just got off the phone with him again.

He's in????

That's our boy!!!

YAY!!!!!!

LJ.
August 10th, 2005 12:42 PM
mac_daddy
go tomL!!!

who else in..? anybody we know..?
August 10th, 2005 01:12 PM
jaggergurl Yay!! Congrats Tom, what absolutely great news, I saw him in line on the news videos, that is wonderful he is in ... have a great time all the fans who got it sing and dance for the rest of us!!
August 10th, 2005 04:49 PM
marko Tom's a top bloke..and my wife thinks the sun shines out his ass as well

I'm delighted for him if he gets in!

Well,,,,,,,,I wonder what your wife thinks of me then.
Finish bastard,better than a finished one!
August 10th, 2005 06:37 PM
FPM C10 Too freaking cool! Tom rules!

I want a report from the front!

No, actually I wanna BE at the front!
August 10th, 2005 07:07 PM
nankerphelge If'n he calls me, I will dutifully report all here.

I can tell you this much about Tom, this is more than seeing the Stones at a club.

It is religion for him.

Tom's basement is a Stonesian shrine with framed setlists of all the shows he has seen, each with the ticket stub and those tour-specific goodies that belong in a time capsule upon your wall.

I can only imagine the special spot this one holds for him.

If I know Tom, he has all sheets to the wind and is making his way to the ultimate tingle as I type this.

August 10th, 2005 07:14 PM
LadyJane Nanky...I talked to him at 6:20!!!

He is beyond excited....hasn't slept in 2 1/2 days and doesn't intend to sleep tonight either.

Was in line for 18 hours but has his wristband on. On it is written "The Rolling Stones..A Bigger Bang"

Tickets for the show...$10.00 Canadian..that's $7.80 American!!!

Told Tom his adventures are being followed on RO and he sends his best to all.

Outstanding!!!!

LJ.
August 10th, 2005 07:25 PM
nankerphelge 2 and 1/2 days?

Jesus!

I'm not surprised though.

Tom has this Stonesian radar that homes in on things.
We had mentioned heading up to rehearsals this summer, if'n our schedules permitted.

Well Tom decided that he was gonna get into this club gig.
He was focused, people.

I am so happy for Thomas!

August 10th, 2005 07:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Tickets for the show...$10.00 Canadian..that's $7.80 American!!!

What about a whole tour with those prices!
LOL.
August 10th, 2005 07:38 PM
lotsajizz This Tom should be an inspiration to us all--a GIANT amongst men....we live through your eyes and words sir, Godspeed
August 12th, 2005 08:08 AM
LadyJane Wake up Tom!!!!!!!!

Bumping this up so Tom can see it and give us a full report.

Got a voicemail message from him sometime last evening.

Darlin' your voice was so hoarse I don't know what you said.

LJ.
August 12th, 2005 11:46 AM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

What about a whole tour with those prices!
LOL.

If tickets were that cheap, I would be able to get tickets for sure.
August 12th, 2005 12:06 PM
Joey

Paging TomL ........................................

Developing ..........................

August 12th, 2005 04:22 PM
TomL Testing...
August 12th, 2005 07:16 PM
TomL Well, Well, Well............

The sun was shining out my ass this trip and I was on a mission. Words cannot describe the past (holy fuck) 4 days. Do I still have a job?

Mister Nankey thank you so. ONE LOVE..ONE LOVE

So here it goes (typing with my nipples)..........

Monday 10 AM drive to my friends in Cleveland, Party, Party, Party.

Tuesday Lv for TO @ 9AM, news already leaked too early. Drive like bats out of hell, going 100 up the QEW. Get to the Gig and park. Friends of my friend had saved us a place in line. Av at 2:30 PM and steak our ground. We had hoped that it would not have leaked until about 12 that night. Lot of crazies in line.

Wednesday 8 AM tix getting ready to go on sale. we are about 30th in line. At this point we have been in line about 18 hours, I stood 16 of them. Then it begins, 10 at a time going through. We were in the third set, I look at the table and there is not more than 150 to 200 wrist bands and think holy fuck, were gonna rock tonight. We then were able to check in to uur hotel early at about 10:30. Sleep was the last thing on my mind. Thanks to my one Canadian friend, thanks man. I then met a few friends from Buffalo at a bar down the street. We had our doubts about this bar (We were in the Gay section, block and a half from the gig), then I go to the bathroom come out and see this HUGE paper mache ass hanging from the ceiling. Somebodys packing. We had alot of fun with that. At this point it is 3 PM and we better go get cleaned up. So we started up again about 5 PM to get ready for the show. Thanks again our Canadian friends. We wait and skip the opening band and leave about 9 to head to the gig. Walked right in, worked our way to within 5 feet on Keefs side, lights went dim, Kohl come out and said, Ladies and gentlemen, The Rolling Stones.

Rough Justice-- It fucking rocked, boys were tight. They came out gleaming, I could see every wrinkle. My fucking jaw was to the ground at this point.

Live With Me-- Another rocker. It was the best time I have ever heard this song. Band is keeping a rock tempo. Crowd going nuts. They are proving they are a true bar band.

19th Nev Breakdown- No one knew what it was at first, a truly different version. Slowed down and mixed with blues hard rock theme. Was fucking wonderful. I hope everyone gets to hear this one. Mick says welcome to the first show of the tour.

She's So Cold- Chills runing through me. Mick is rocking and the band continues the rock and hard beat theme. Atmosphere is just great with the band, Keef rubbing Micks head.

Dead Flowers- Always a treat. Crowd singing so loud. Little Suzie, take me home. At this point everyone was soaking wet. Band glowing, rocking and on fire.

Back Of My hand- Breath taking.....................

Ain't 2 proud 2 beg- Very nice mowtown mixed in. Band still rocking. Horns rocking.

Imfamy- I bow to keef on this one. Wait till you hear it live.

Oh No Not U Again- Band still rocking the crowd. Tons of energy and still rocken with that bar room sound. Song was done very well, tight.

Get Up Stand Up- Very well done with a blusey reggie type sound. Sharp, crisp and clean. May be a standard at the shows. The band is on fire tonight.

Mr Pitiful- Everyone thought it was Can't Turn u Loose at first. How can u go wrong with an Otis Reading song, stones done it so well. Soul done in a rock style. Band still real fucking tight. Everyone in the place is soaking wet from dancing and singing.

Dice- Ronnie lit it up. Our friend is back on track and playing well. Crowd just great, music just right. So much to tell.

Sugar- Band blows it away. We got a party going. Oh do we.

JJF- I am so drained at this point. Another war horse but it rocked. Such a small place.

11 PM Wednesday- We then procedded to micky Finns after the gig. Everyone in that place walked out with there jaws to the ground. I have never heard them so tight, the show was all rock.

3 AM Wednesday- finnaly got back to the hotel. Had to the bars closed. At this point we had not slept from Monday night.

10 Am Thursday morning- Lv to drive back to Cleveland. Av 4 PM.

4 PM lv Clevland in route to VA.

8 PM have to pull over in Pittsburgh can't go no more. Get a holtel go to the bar and eat, drink and pass out.

9:30 AM Friday- back on the road for a 4 hour ride home.

Thanks LJ.

Words can not describe the past 4 days. What a way to see the first show of the tour. I HAVE A FEELING THEY ARE COMING BACK TO ROCK OUR SOCKS OFF. Hold on for this tour.

I thank you for all the kind words and encouragement. But i do have to go pass out now. Thanks for people who understand our passion. See you on tour.

Thank u very much, thank you kindly..........Well, Well, Well.......................My balls feel like click clacks again......Next stop Chicago...all abaord.................

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)