ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones in Utrechtse Vredenburg. 16 August, 2003 (ANP)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Velvet Revolver (NSC) Return to archive
08-12-03 08:49 AM
Boomy I can't get that song outta my head!! "Set Me Free" is a great rock song.

I figured that it would be a band I'd like. Scott Weiland on vocals....shit, I love STP. And Slash and Duff from GNR...YEAH BUDDY!!! And Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner are good musicians as well.

Anyway, I joined a Velvet Revolver forum and they have some links to Slash's website that has some downloads. There are two videos of them performing "Set Me Free" and STP's "Sex Type Thing" (from Core)at the El Ray in June on this forum. I want to put these links here so that maybe some of you who are interested would like to take a look at the videos:

http://www.slashonline.com/vr/setmefree.wmv

http://www.slashonline.com/vr/sextypething.wmv

08-12-03 12:44 PM
Mr T I have a lot of hope for this band. I like the riff to Set Me Free, but I think the song repeats itself too much. I don't care for the vocals much. STP is one of my favorite bands, but whenever they've done singles outside of albums(Break On Through was my favorite of them, Revolution, VR's Money) Weiland usually focuses on showing off his vocal distortion effects, so they're always predictable. Whenever STP has gone in to do full albums they've explored their chances to get really creative and they've been excellent (except No. 4 - but they recorded that one in bits and pieces around Weilands drug arrest & jail time). Hopefully the same will be true of Velvet Revolver - I'll be looking forward to that cover

and yes, I'm aware they covered both the Sex Pistols and Nirvana at the El Ray show. Another reaon I can't wait to hear them with an album full of origional material
08-12-03 01:12 PM
winter Velvet Revolver rocks. Although I hope that it is not infact the end of STP. In my opion, Tiny Music is almost the 1990s equivalent of Exile.

wintah

08-12-03 04:07 PM
Boomy I gotta tell ya. STP seems like a band that has some Stones influence in them.

They are one of the few rock bands that can write interesting songs and interesting ballads. Personally No.4 is my favorite album, with songs like Glide, I Got You, Atlanta, Heaven and Hot Rods, and Down. Atlanta and I Got You are almost Stones-like.
08-12-03 04:34 PM
winter I got you is dead flowers 20 some odd years later.

No. 4 is excellent.

wintah