ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones in Utrechtse Vredenburg. 16 August, 2003 (ANP)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor in Toronto Aug 9 Return to archive
08-10-03 03:45 PM
Miss U. I went to see Mick Taylor last nite, he was fantastic. Was really great & a surprise to see him dancing onstage too! His guitar playing was great. Anyone who wasn't a fan of his before sure will be now. Saw Tom, Sharon, Al, Steve, and some others who were at rehearsals in Toronto last summer.
He played (not in this order, going from memory here) "Secret Affair", "Leather jacket", "Red House", "Willie McTell", "You Gotta Move", and the encore was a jazzy intrumental fused into "Can't You Hear Me Knockin". He played more songs than that, I just can't remember them all, sorry my memory isn't what it used to be...The crowd was very enthusiastic, cheering. At the beginning people set themselves up in chairs towards the front, but as soon as Mick T. came on, I went to the front of the stage, as did others....Mick said, "Yeah, come closer to the front". It was HOTTTT in there, Mick made a joke at one point "Welcome to my hot tub". Felt like it. I was RIGHT IN THE FRONT. Towards the end of the show, I got tired and sat on the edge of stage no problem! What a wicked view, Mick was about 1 foot away from me!! :>) His band was all from Ottawa, great bunch, very proud he used band members from my home town! The drummer Raphael the redhead was funny as hell. What a ham he was. Talked them after & they all seemed very nice. Alot of people were hanging about after the show to get his autograph....poor Mick had a migraine upstairs, but came down to sign for us. I will post that picture he signed soon....Al took a pic of me with Mick T., can't wait to see it! I asked Mick if he ever met Brian Jones!! He told me (from what I could hear) he never knew him or actually met him. He went on to say about 3 years before he..........pause.....(I found the pause & unfinished words significant or at the very least very touching)...that he saw him in John Mayall's studio...something about being a roadie getting his guitar, and Brian was in the studio! Had a bit of difficulty hearing but that is what I heard. (Mick T is very soft-spoken). I then told him I have a B.J. website and gave him my card with the URL on it.
Oh....for Karen....I also asked him if he is married....that was actually not a good question to ask at all. He was in the middle of signing for someone, and stopped dead in his tracks, replied he doesn't go into those questions. I thanked him for his patience, and the nicest smile appeared & a lightness in his eyes again....sigh.....[s] All in all a great nite.
Mick T's bday is Jan 17....mine is Jan 19...hmmm. Capricorns.
I was also surprised at how big Mick T is, I mean he is very tall as well as stocky...he's cute actually.
08-10-03 03:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some pix sent by Toronto Tom, thanks Tom!

08-10-03 04:07 PM
Maxlugar Seeing those magical fingers playing the guitar so close is like seeing the hand of God creating the universe.

Mick Taylor must rejoin the Stones.

I'm sure we ALL agree on that one.

For now, I will just lean back n my chair, drink another vacation Molson, and try to wipe this shit eating grin off my handsome, Jew Fro topped face.

MACKY!!!
08-10-03 04:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Awlrat Lil' Mick!

He actually showed up for a gig. Cool!
08-10-03 05:03 PM
MTdotNET hi, my first post on here, I run Mick's Fan website at : www.MickTaylor.Net i just wanted to introduce myself to all of you, i will be a constant reader of this great list, and if any one has thoughts about MT please feel free to visit my page and post on the whiteboard, I have one of the most uptodate Tour sections on Mick their as well, i would love to use some of these pics & reviews their too.

Ed
08-11-03 07:49 PM
Miss U.
O.K, Ed, I'm goin there now! Nice site.
08-11-03 08:45 PM
Miss U. Here's his autograph I got!:

08-11-03 09:12 PM
Lazy Bones Nicely done, Brenda! A great shot of Mick, too.
08-12-03 08:11 AM
Toronto Tom I just want to point out that I seen Mick in Kitchener for the first time ever and I thought he was amazing. Then I seen him in Toronto the next night and realized he was not playing to his full potential and he then totally blew me away. I went to tell him this after the show when the other members of the band let a few of us back in since we had been talking to them often and made friends with them. I told Mick about what I t hought in Kitchener and before I could tell him what I was thinking he allready knew and told me he was not good there and at the 360 he was fantastic. It really was great meeting him. He just loves to play and enjoys making real fans happy. The warm up bands he signed all there guitars for them. They were all so thrilled. HE even signed amps.

[Edited by Toronto Tom]