ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones in Utrechtse Vredenburg. 16 August, 2003 (ANP)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bootleg Sources/Trading Return to archive
08-09-03 11:35 AM
Jumping Jack Joe About six months ago I started collecting Stones bootlegs plus I've taken part in some of the trees on this message board. I've been greatly impressed with the sound quality of some of the shows. I'm just wondering what the sources were for some of these great shows. I caught the post about the HANDSOME GIRLS box set but I'm wondering about some of the other great shows like San Diego 69, Live at Leeds, Brussells 73, LA Forum 7/11/75 and 7/13/75, Toronto 75, Sydney 73 (Happy Birthday Nicky). I'm thinking some of these were radio broadcasts and the others were soundboards. Does anybody know exactly where these shows originated from? Thanks.

http://pub117.ezboard.com/bjoescdtradingcenter
08-09-03 03:48 PM
Gazza if you check the link to our setlists page at the top of this page, you'll find entries for every known setlist since the band began, year by year, tour by tour. Unless stated otherwise,theres a recording available,an audience recording unless it specifically states whether it comes from a radio or TV source, or if a soundboard is in circulation.

Leeds '71 comes from a BBC radio broadcast (in mono, BBC didnt broadcast in stereo until the mid 80's)
the 1973 recordings come from radio sources, - the "brussels affair" recordings from shows recorded in london & brussels for KBFH. other shows recorded for radio teleluxembourg
LA '75 shows were recorded for "Love you live" ("Sympathy" from love you live is from one of these shows). one of the shows (11/7/75) was also filmed for broadcast and is in widespread circulation although it wasnt transmitted.
Toronto 17.6.75 is also a show recorded for "LYL" and a couple of songs from that show made the released album as well.

the others you mention are soundboards probably leaked/recorded by members of the crew.
[Edited by Gazza]