ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Albums by Season Return to archive
9th August 2007 10:40 PM
Throwaway Stones:

Winter: Tattoo You
Spring: Exile on Main Street
Summer: It's Only Rock and Roll
Fall: Goat's Head Soup

Non-Stones:

Winter: Three Snakes and One Charm (Black Crowes)
Spring: Signed Sealed Delivered (Stevie Wonder)
Summer: Avalon Sunset (Van Morrison)
Fall: Misfits (the Kinks)
9th August 2007 10:44 PM
Fiji Joe Tatto You, IMO, is a summer record...and a damn good one at that...
9th August 2007 10:48 PM
pdog KOL, White Stripes and Ryan Adams new ones have been my summer albums.
9th August 2007 10:50 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Tatto You, IMO, is a summer record...and a damn good one at that...

Could be, yes , but how about side 2?? Reminds me of winter in some ways
9th August 2007 10:58 PM
sirmoonie Tattoo and ER, both summer albums. Got not feeling on the rest, they may all be summer albums, even GHS, but Tattoo and ER just stick out as what summer is all about in my life.
9th August 2007 10:58 PM
Mel Belli This topic makes me dizzy.
9th August 2007 11:01 PM
Fiji Joe Out of Our Heads is a good summer album too

Winter?...Beggars and Let it Bleed have a winter feel to them...and Goats Head...even got a song called Winter
9th August 2007 11:02 PM
Throwaway The only easy part is the "summer" section, as it is pretty difficult to pick out rock or blues albums that have a fall/winter/spring mood.
9th August 2007 11:05 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
The only easy part is the "summer" section, as it is pretty difficult to pick out rock or blues albums that have a fall/winter/spring mood.

Let It Bleed is bleak as hell. Wintry, even. Emotional Rescue is summery romancey.
9th August 2007 11:06 PM
Mel Belli Tattoo starts out summer, and then the all-ballads Side 2 presages winter. It's definitely a fall album ... Getting dizzier.
9th August 2007 11:07 PM
pdog winter here is rain, and in the summer here we have alot of gloomy foggy days, so maybe I'm all confused, California is really confusing. That would explain all those weird bands and albums from here...
I feel dizzy now too....
9th August 2007 11:08 PM
pdog i like the butthole surfers alot, a really good band for dizzyness.
9th August 2007 11:09 PM
BILL PERKS SPRING IS STILL LIFE!
WINTER IS DIRTY WORK
SUMMER IS VOODOO LOUNGE
FALL IS ABB
9th August 2007 11:22 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:
i like the butthole surfers alot, a really good band for dizzyness.

Thank ya, doctor!
9th August 2007 11:44 PM
Zack For me TY is a winter album. It was FUCKING cold the December night I saw the tour. Although the SMU single was quite ubiquitous the summer of 81 and the live Go Go/Beast single was played over and over and over at the bar I hung out in the next.

ER is THE summer Stones album though. I remember it coming on at about 5 in the morning at one of the greatest parties I've ever been to.

IORR was recorded in the dead of winter, so I'll go with that too.

GHS is a good fall album because the cover is the color of a turning leaf, and "world was a carpet laid before me" line
9th August 2007 11:50 PM
sirmoonie Sly Stones is always summer, but thats obvious, even to whitey.

Exile is all four.

Sticky Fingers is fall, all blistered up and getting ready for the fucking bitter, miserable season at work/school to come and crush your god fearing soul - its mid August, get a head start and listen now!
10th August 2007 01:52 AM
The jinn, my friend.
Not so great recording

WTH?

Cringe
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)