ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BIANCA JAGGER WAS AN ACCIDENTAL STYLE ICON Return to archive
9th August 2007 12:22 PM
moy BIANCA JAGGER WAS AN ACCIDENTAL STYLE ICON
09/08/2007 12:14

SIR MICK JAGGER's ex-wife BIANCA has dismissed her status as a style icon - insisting it happened "unintentionally". Rolling Stone Jagger's former flame was hailed as a fashion queen after her wedding to the rocker in St Tropez, France, in May 1971, when she wore a white fitted Yves St Laurent trouser suit without a bra. But she admits it wasn't intentional. She explains, "My wedding suit and hat were designed by Yves St Laurent. Everyone thinks I was making a deliberate fashion statement by wearing the jacket without a shirt, but they didn't realise I was pregnant with Jade (Jagger, now fashion designer) when we married. "Yves made the outfit at the beginning of my pregnancy - by the time I married, the shirt was too tight."
9th August 2007 05:54 PM
texile the high-booted-mini-skirted-gypsy anita thing never spoke to me.
i had always been a bit of a tomboy anyway, and when i reached the age where frilly things were just too out of character for me to tolerate, bianca's ballsy, mannish fashion sense was an inspiration..... and still is.
i learned i could have style on my own terms.
10th August 2007 12:01 AM
oldkr now shes an accidental political activist too- man things must be dry for her if the only way she can get press is by talking about a shirt she didnt wear....

OLDKR
10th August 2007 12:11 AM
pdog this thread is funny and cool, especially the last two posts...

i'm happy...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
10th August 2007 12:58 AM
gypsy I have always preferred Anita's style over Bianca's. Anita dressed herself; Bianca was dressed by the most famous designers.
But as far as their style now - Bianca wins, hands down.
10th August 2007 01:12 AM
pdog I remember dressing myself as a kid, plaid pants with a striped shirt... It was bad for sometime, but by the time the 80's hit, I was in style.
10th August 2007 03:17 PM
texile
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I have always preferred Anita's style over Bianca's. Anita dressed herself; Bianca was dressed by the most famous designers.

i like anita - this isn't a knock on her - but 'style'
it's a matter of preference.
bianca wore her clothes as an personal statement - as a women who felt empowered through an androgynous style, not simply fashion .... and there is an originality about that.
growing up in a climate where girls were supposed dress like a lady, i could relate to the idea of wearing men's- style clothes to feel more powerful -
yes, it may be a fucked-up psychological thing, but it's what it is...lol
so to this day, bianca, along with chrissie hynde, are my style role models.

10th August 2007 03:34 PM
gimmekeef She should have starred in 'Knights of Prosperity'..in an episode entitled.."I Stole Mick Jaggers Face".....And Don Knotts could have co-starred....
[Edited by gimmekeef]
10th August 2007 03:40 PM
texile actually, mick could play don knotts in a biopic -
i remember my mom pointed out the resemblance when i was 13.
i was slightly offended that she likened my rock god to barney fife, who i loved - but still.
does mick even know who don knotts is?
he might be insulted.
10th August 2007 03:43 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
texile wrote:
actually, mick could play don knotts in a biopic -
i remember my mom pointed out the resemblance when i was 13.
i was slightly offended that she likened my rock god to barney fife, who i loved - but still.
does mick even know who don knotts is?
he might be insulted.

Insulted?...heck imagine how Goober, Floyd and Otis would feel?
10th August 2007 04:04 PM
texile
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Insulted?...heck imagine how Goober, Floyd and Otis would feel?

or gomer,
i seriously have wondered if anyone has told mick about this jagger/knotts phenomenon -
he WOULD be insulted....
but it's uncanny/
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)