ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yasgur's Farm for sale Return to archive
8th August 2007 06:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 08/08/07
Categories: Music News, AP

Yasgur's Farm Of Woodstock Fame On The Market For $8M In Upstate New York

BETHEL, N.Y. (AP) _ The famous farm near the alfalfa field that drew 400,000 people to Woodstock for three days of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll is up for sale.

The asking price: $8 million.

Roy Howard, the current owner, is packing it in after years of tangling with local officials over permits for reunion gatherings to mark the 1969, three-day Woodstock music festival that helped ignite a generation.

Up for sale is the 2,000-square-foot house that belonged to dairy farmer Max Yasgur, along with a larger farmhouse, a barn and 103 bucolic acres about 80 miles north of New York City.

Included are a gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, double convection ovens, Viking stove, antique soapstone sink, 22-foot vaulted ceilings and expansive views of the Pocono Mountains. There's also a double whirlpool tub, steam shower and bidet.

The nearby alfalfa field where the concert was held isn't included in the sale. It's owned by cable magnate Alan Gerry, who turned it into the 4,800-seat Bethel Woods Center last summer.

Yasgur lent out the alfalfa field for the concert after promoters were rejected by officials in the nearby town of Woodstock. About 400,000 people packed the field Aug. 15-17 for the festival that drew the biggest names in music _ Jimi Hendrix and the Who among them.

Yasgur and his farm were celebrated in Joni Mitchell's song ''Woodstock,'' popularized by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young with the line: ''I'm going on down to Yasgur's farm. I'm going to join in a rock 'n' roll band.''

Sullivan County Treasurer Ira Cohen, who was at Woodstock, helped organize reunions during the 1990s and said the sale will end an era.

''The reunions were a way to keep the music going,'' he said.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
8th August 2007 07:08 PM
fireontheplatter some developer will buy it build luxury houses on it.
that is what is happening all throughout this area.
8th August 2007 07:38 PM
glencar Big Yellow Taxi? Long Island is one big parking lot.
9th August 2007 02:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
some developer will buy it build luxury houses on it.

If I had the money I'd buy it and build a Woodstock Theme Park.... kinda like Disneyland on Acid.
9th August 2007 02:56 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

If I had the money I'd buy it and build a Woodstock Theme Park.... kinda like Disneyland on Acid.

How much to ride the Wavy Gravy machine?.....
9th August 2007 02:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
How much to ride the Wavy Gravy machine?.....

No Wavy Gravy machine. I'd just have all the ride, game and concession stand barkers dress like him.
9th August 2007 03:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
No Wavy Gravy machine. I'd just have all the ride, game and concession stand barkers dress like him.

"step right up...step right up .... get yer kicks right here. Two for a buck...get yer kicks right here...."

9th August 2007 03:18 PM
mojoman
quote:

brown acid
9th August 2007 03:21 PM
Joey
quote:
08/08/07
Categories: Music News, AP

Yasgur's Farm Of Woodstock Fame On The Market For $8M In Upstate New York

BETHEL, N.Y. (AP) _ The famous farm near the alfalfa field that drew 400,000 people to Woodstock for three days of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll is up for sale.

The asking price: $8 million.

Roy Howard, the current owner, is packing it in after years of tangling with local officials over permits for reunion gatherings to mark the 1969, three-day Woodstock music festival that helped ignite a generation.

Up for sale is the 2,000-square-foot house that belonged to dairy farmer Max Yasgur, along with a larger farmhouse, a barn and 103 bucolic acres about 80 miles north of New York City.

Included are a gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, double convection ovens, Viking stove, antique soapstone sink, 22-foot vaulted ceilings and expansive views of the Pocono Mountains. There's also a double whirlpool tub, steam shower and bidet.

The nearby alfalfa field where the concert was held isn't included in the sale. It's owned by cable magnate Alan Gerry, who turned it into the 4,800-seat Bethel Woods Center last summer.

Yasgur lent out the alfalfa field for the concert after promoters were rejected by officials in the nearby town of Woodstock. About 400,000 people packed the field Aug. 15-17 for the festival that drew the biggest names in music _ Jimi Hendrix and the Who among them.

Yasgur and his farm were celebrated in Joni Mitchell's song ''Woodstock,'' popularized by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young with the line: ''I'm going on down to Yasgur's farm. I'm going to join in a rock 'n' roll band.''

Sullivan County Treasurer Ira Cohen, who was at Woodstock, helped organize reunions during the 1990s and said the sale will end an era.

''The reunions were a way to keep the music going,'' he said.

9th August 2007 03:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mojoman wrote:
brown acid

Nah...my theme park wouldn't be allowed to sell that shit. Well maybe except to the suckers....for cash flow reasons.
9th August 2007 05:30 PM
mojoman Who am i but you and the sun
A sad reflection in everyone
Was it me who let you walk away
Were you the one
Or is it we're the same
What are we in time going by
The simple story of a younger life
Happy dreams and somehow through the day
We haven't come so far to lose our way
Look at me, i believe it's true
You're a part of me
I'm a part of you
Love is only what we come to knew
The walking, breathing and all with you
A crystal passing reflected in our eyes
Eclipsing all the jealousy and lies
Look at me, can't you see it's true
You're a part of me
I'm a part of you
Quiet as the voices in a dream
Without two shadows the things i've seen
Remember the evening i let you walk away
Were you the one
Or is it we're the same
Look at me, i believe it's true
You're a part of me
I'm a part of you
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)