ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ten Things You Didnft Know AboutcKeith Richards Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th August 2007 03:26 PM
moy Ten Things You Didnft Know AboutcKeith Richards
Posted on Aug 8 07
Paul Millar

Keith Richardsf life has been as dangerous ascercI canft think of anyone else! He is well known for his excessive alcohol and drug-intake. However, maybe his biggest achievements were when he was the controversial part of eThe Rolling Stonesf, arguably the best rock band ever!

Showbiz Spy brings you the latest eTen Things You Didnft Knowcf, this time about our good friend, who claims he wants to live up to 150, good olf Keith Richards.

1. Keith has worn a skull ring on the third finger of his right hand since the early 1970fs, reminding himself gthat we are all the same beneath the surfaceh.

Really? Well, I wouldnft want to compare myself to Keith Richards, despite his fame.

2. Keith shares the same birthday as Brad Pitt, Casper Van Dien and Steven Spielberg.

Spot the Differencec

3. Keith was a close friend of country legend Gram Parsons and has referenced to his early death due to drug abuse in one of the songs hefs written for the Stones; Booze and pills and powders, you can choose your medicine/Well itfs another goodbye to another good friend (hBefore They Make Me Runh, from 1978fs gSome Girlsh). Keith also played two tribute gigs to him alongside Norah Jones and others in 2004.

So ironic, booze, pills and powder, are you sure it wasnft actually Keith Richards who died?

4. Keith has the nicknames of eKeeff and fThe Human Rifff

I wonder whyc.

5. According to himself, Keith wrote the Rolling Stonesf biggest hit (I Canft Get No) Satisfaction ewhile sleepingf. Keith has stated that he went to bed with a tape recorder on the bedside table, and when he woke up, the tape was full with mumbling and half-singing, mixed up with some snoring. True or false, it is widely thought that he did write the music and the legendary chorus by himself.

Spelling mistake: Snoring = Snorting. Apart from that, this is very believable. Drugs do strange, strange things, Keith. So does drink!

6. To the general public, Keith is known for his drug-related outlaw image.

Like in the last blog, this is stating the bleeding obvious!

7. Keith is 5Π9 (1.75 m)

Ercthanks for thatcso interesting.

8. In the 1970fs, Keith was once awake for nine days straight (with the assistance of various drugs). When he did fall asleep, while standing up, he fell face-down into an amplifier and broke his nose.

Is this surprising, he holds the record for this, doing this exact thing ten times in a row every morning. Congratulations Keith!

9. Johnny Depp has said that the character of Capt. Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is mostly based on Keith, including his voice, his mannerisms, his personality, and aspects of his appearance.

Saving the best till (nearly) last, of course, a pirate and a rock star have strange similarities.

10. Finally, Keith derived much of his early style from Chuck Berry, whose guitar work remained a touchstone for him throughout his career.

There are similarities I suppose, but in personal terms, I think Chuck will be turning in his grave.
8th August 2007 03:35 PM
Saint Sway pathetic and utterly useless

I've read posts by Pug that were more enlightening than that

no wait...

well, then again, maybe not
8th August 2007 03:45 PM
glencar I knew all top ten items & not only that, I happen to know Chuck Berry is NOT spinning in his grave since he's still alive.
8th August 2007 03:48 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
pathetic and utterly useless

no wait...

I was gonna ask when?...lmaooooo
[Edited by gimmekeef]
8th August 2007 03:53 PM
glencar Pug was better years ago. But it has been awhile.
8th August 2007 04:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Pug was better years ago. But it has been awhile.

I am still not bad enough to go and post on the couch.
8th August 2007 04:08 PM
glencar The Couch? You tried it & you WERE rejected. It's not on them, ADDA-boy.
8th August 2007 04:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Couch? You tried it & you WERE rejected. It's not on them, ADDA-boy.

You let me down, don't tell me that you are now one of them? Do you get coffee and answer the phone too?
8th August 2007 04:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Couch? You tried it & you WERE rejected. It's not on them, ADDA-boy.

ouch!

8th August 2007 04:16 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You let me down, don't tell me that you are now one of them? Do you get coffee and answer the phone too?

Bitch, I hire others for that. And you should know I NEVER drink coffeee. It causes repeating.
8th August 2007 04:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bitch, I hire others for that. And you should know I NEVER drink coffeee. It causes repeating.

Cue the rest of the Ass Kissing Society to follow up with "Good one", or "Ouch", or similar.

Hire someone to settle your parking tickets scofflaw!

Cheers.
8th August 2007 04:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Cue the rest of the Ass Kissing Society to follow up with "Good one", or "Ouch", or similar.

why do you post here????

they cant possibly mock you this bad over at the Shidoopey board
8th August 2007 04:38 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Hire someone to settle your parking tickets scofflaw!

Cheers.

There's an Ass Kissing Society?
8th August 2007 04:49 PM
gimmekeef Just for you Glencar:

INTRODUCTION
I have worked at many jobs: from being a minimum wage peon at Marineland to a middle class spiritual Guru. Every place that I have worked, I always hear the same thing, "I don't kiss ass!" "Well, no shit," I respond, "that's why you've been working in the mailroom for the last twenty years!"

This informative page not only gives you insights on the proper procedures for kissing ass, but it also gives true stories about a couple of real life major kiss asses and their mistakes. However, please note that true kiss asses don't refer to kissing ass as kissing ass; it is properly called "playing politics."

Friends, let's face it, no matter what you do in life there is always going to be a certain amount of ass kissing involved to advance any type of a career. If you fry up burgers at McDonald's, you'll never be promoted to french fries without a little brown nosing. Even for the self employed, you need to kiss your customers' butts; otherwise, they will go elsewhere and you'll be stuck without a paycheck.

It is a common misconception that if you work hard, perform well and wait for your turn to come up-- based on seniority-- you will eventually be sitting in the corner CEO office smoking expensive cigars and lodging pencils in the ceiling, while your beautiful secretaries, receptionists and interns cater to your every whim. This is nothing but a fallacy, especially in today's job market.

Your boss wants to make sure that not only are you reliable, responsible and competent in the tasks at hand, but he wants to make sure you'll always be intimidated by him and be willing to take the blame for his mistakes. In return, as his kiss ass, you can reserve the right to blame the people underneath you for your supposed mistakes. If it's a really big mistake and your boss' boss wants someone fired over it, who goes? Obviously, the guy beneath you who rarely greets you and isn't too popular with other management. If the termination paperwork is insufficient, you also have to be sure the guy is too stupid to file a lawsuit
8th August 2007 04:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:

see the post above yours. Your "couchie apprentice" is actively seeking your approval. Do the right thing and push him off your lap.
8th August 2007 04:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

why do you post here????

they cant possibly mock you this bad over at the Shidoopey board

you prove Ivan Pavlov correct again....the bell rings and you come salivating ahead.

Blue is quite competent and can work alone, he doesn't need you polishing his knob after each post with me.
8th August 2007 05:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:

you hadn't noticed?

8th August 2007 05:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you hadn't noticed?

sexy is back.
8th August 2007 05:23 PM
glencar Joey is quite enamored of you. Oral?
8th August 2007 05:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey is quite enamored of you. Oral?

man hug

execution:

as you approach, the arms should be extended and raised, in pre-hug readiness. the right arm should be higher than the left, however it is important that the right arm is not too high, and vitally important that the left never, ever be too low. nor should the arms embrace the recipient on too similar a latitude; thats how you hug your girlfriend, and we dont want to confuse anybody, especially yourself, now do we? try and have the right hand 8-12 inches higher than the left.

as you approach, with arms raised and extended as shown, it is usual to omit a long vocal exclamation: "aaaaaaayyyyyyy." as the hug continues, it is proper that this vocalisation assumes a questioning tone: "aaaaaaaayyyyyyy?"

it is at the point of this questioning tone reaching its highest note, that the most important part of the man-hug occurs: the ritual back-slap. THIS IS THE MOST CRUCIAL PART OF THE CEREMONY.
the back-slap is important, because it is where you retain your masculinity whilst in an embrace with another man. see, youre hugging somebody, and this is giving love. in public. (if you are fuzzy about this, i refer you to the "public displays of affection" pamphlet you were all handed in high school) to counteract this possibly homosexual act, you need to cause pain. not much, but just enough, in a ceremonial kind of way that says while you are giving love, you are also giving pain.

i advise the trusty three-beat slap, with enough force to push a little air out of the hugee's lungs. many people also go for the closed-fist beat on the back, and i am one of these people, as it is far more masculine to punch someone, than it is to slap them; and you can never be too careful in this circumstance.

just as both the back-slap (or punch) and the vocals conclude, it is advisable to punctuate your man-hug with one more vocal: a loud, short "aarggh", said with as deep, and as growly a voice as you can muster. after this, you should disengage from the man-hug and contiue whatever it is that you were doing.

so there you have it, the Man-Hug in all its steadfastly heterosexual glory. i hope i have been of service to some of you reading this today, so that you can proudly go forth and hug to your hearts content.

but not too much, mind. that might seem a little gay.

ps. if you play soccer and are performing a post goal celebration, then you can ignore this; as pretty much anything up to, and including actual penetration is allowed in that particular circumstance.

8th August 2007 05:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
pathetic and utterly useless

no wait...

upon further review, definately not.
8th August 2007 05:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

upon further review, definately not.

8th August 2007 05:57 PM
Saint Sway you're right Pug, slap another 100 pounds on that Ventriloquist and he'd be a dead ringer for you
8th August 2007 06:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you're right Pug, slap another 100 pounds on that Ventriloquist and he'd be a dead ringer for you

That's posting right from the couch!!.....not quite Miracle on Ice Posting, but more like "Kiss Tribute Band Posting"
8th August 2007 06:09 PM
Saint Sway you harbor a lot of resentment towards the couch Puggles.

has the sting of being rejected still not healed??

give it time old friend, give it time.
8th August 2007 06:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you harbor a lot of resentment towards the couch Puggles.

has the sting of being rejected still not healed??

give it time old friend, give it time.

You would be ideal for the "ouch" reply in most threads and other such "lap dog" posts (see: Not Sparky)
8th August 2007 06:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You would be ideal for the "ouch" reply in most threads and other such "lap dog" posts (see: Not Sparky)

you're swinging. You're just not connecting.
8th August 2007 06:33 PM
glencar Painful to watch. I gotta jet!
8th August 2007 07:57 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you're right Pug, slap another 100 pounds on that Ventriloquist and he'd be a dead ringer for you

D list postin right there.
You gotta work on your game, Sway.
The weight remarks are right outta High School.

LJ.
8th August 2007 08:16 PM
pdog this thread is going nowhere, but it is doing it very fast...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)