ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Summer Of Love-Monterey Pop Festival-40th Reunion Return to archive
7th August 2007 07:50 PM
gorda The festival was not as successfull as expected. Unfortunately, it coincided with the Gilroy Garlic Festival! This created traffic jams. Bumper-to-bumper traffic! (What is so great about garlic?)

Anyways, I did not get out there until Sunday night. I got to see the Jerry Miller band, they were alright. But, the Riders On The Storm were great!

For those of you that don't know, this band is the latest version of the Doors, and two original band members are in the band, Ray Manzerek and Robbie Kreiger. Also, Brett Scallions of the band Fuel, is their new lead singer!

Anyways, after the first song, Brett shouts, "All you beautiful people behind those gates, why don't you break on through to the other side?" And, everybody just ran towards the stage! I feel sorry for the people in VIP! Because the crowd took over!

At first, I was at the back of the crowd, but eventually I worked my way to the front of the crowd! It was amazing seeing Robby and Ray in person! I kept thinking "These are the guys that performed with Jim Morrison."

And, Brett . . . Gosh, he was gorgeous! With his black leather pants, and his black shirt halfway open, exposing his perfect abs! And, I got to shake his hand!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Yay!

P.S. I know he's married and his wife is expecting a baby, but that night he was all ours! Woooooooooooooooooo! He performed just for us!

I had a good time!

[Edited by gorda]
7th August 2007 08:23 PM
mojoman
quote:
gorda wrote:
The festival was not as successfull as expected. Unfortunately, it coincided with the Gilroy Garlic Festival! This created traffic jams. Bumper-to-bumper traffic! (What is so great about garlic?)

Anyways, I did not get out there until Sunday night. I got to see the Jerry Miller band, they were alright. But, the Riders On The Storm were great!

For those of you that don't know, this band is the latest version of the Doors, and two original band members are in the band, Ray Manzerek and Robbie Kreiger. Also, Brett Scallions of the band Fuel, is their new lead singer!

Anyways, after the first song, Brett shouts, "All you beautiful people behind those gates, why don't you break on through to the other side?" And, everybody just ran towards the stage! I feel sorry for the people in VIP! Because the crowd took over!

At first, I was at the back of the crowd, but eventually I worked my way to the front of the crowd! It was amazing seeing Robby and Ray in person! I kept thinking "These are the guys that performed with Jim Morrison."

And, Brett . . . Gosh, he was gorgeous! With his black leather pants, and his black shirt halfway open, exposing his perfect abs! And, I got to shake his hand!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Yay!

P.S. I know he's married and his wife is expecting a baby, but that night he was all ours! Woooooooooooooooooo! He performed just for us!

I had a good time!

[Edited by gorda]

whats so great about garlic? i take it you are not italian!
7th August 2007 08:31 PM
gorda
quote:
mojoman wrote:

whats so great about garlic? i take it you are not italian!

No, I am Mexican.

And, I was just kidding! I love garlic!

Also, the Gilroy Garlic Festival is a charity event.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_6503783?source=rss
7th August 2007 08:33 PM
mojoman
quote:
gorda wrote:

No, I am Mexican.

And, I was just kidding! I love garlic!

Also, the Gilroy Garlic Festival is a charity event.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_6503783?source=rss

glad you had a good time!! i would have loved to have checked out jerry miller i'm a huge moby grape fan. i lost contact with a good buddy in pacific grove so i had no free accomadations.
7th August 2007 08:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 40 years ago it was Steve Miller Band and now it was Jerry Miller band
7th August 2007 08:42 PM
gorda
quote:
mojoman wrote:

glad you had a good time!! i would have loved to have checked out jerry miller i'm a huge moby grape fan. i lost contact with a good buddy in pacific grove so i had no free accomadations.

Well, guess what?

Last Friday, the Jerry Miller band performed in the tiny town of Felton, way out in the Santa Cruz mountains. Anyways, they were great on that night! And, during the intermission, the band was hanging out at the bar with the fans! And, I shook Jerry's hand when he walked by me and he said, "Hey Baby!" to me! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hey, I'm not that much of a fan, but a celebrity is a celebrity!
8th August 2007 06:47 AM
corgi37 I thought Ian Astbury from the Cult was the singer of that Doors cover band.
9th August 2007 02:26 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
gorda wrote:
Hey, I'm not that much of a fan, but a celebrity is a celebrity!

Come to Bono!
9th August 2007 03:58 PM
Starbuck
quote:

9th August 2007 04:12 PM
pdog you've got to fight to live, on the planet of the hippies!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
9th August 2007 05:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
you've got to fight to live, on the planet of the hippies!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

planet of the apes brian jones?
9th August 2007 06:01 PM
texile i recently bought the hendrix/otis monterey pop dvd - and realized how dated the rest of that music is.
hendrix and otis (otis expecially for me)owned that show, they trancended that whole hippie crap.
the rest were like a dented can of corn..
9th August 2007 06:03 PM
mojoman
quote:
texile wrote:
i recently bought the hendrix/otis monterey pop dvd - and realized how dated the rest of that music is.
hendrix and otis (otis expecially for me)owned that show, they trancended that whole hippie crap.
the rest were like a dented can of corn..

creamed, white or candy?
9th August 2007 06:17 PM
gorda
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I thought Ian Astbury from the Cult was the singer of that Doors cover band.

No, as of March 2007, Brett Scallions is the new lead singer.

http://www.raymanzarek.us/rots

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/astbury%20leaves%20doors%20band%20to%20rejoin%20the%20cult_1022337
[Edited by gorda]
9th August 2007 07:09 PM
texile
quote:
mojoman wrote:

creamed, white or candy?

definately creamed...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)