ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Advice on London clubs Return to archive
7th August 2007 03:40 PM
dimrstone Ok. So we have the Pilot inn scheduled from pre-show parties right?
Can anyone from the Londoners advice us visitors for a good rock bar/club to fill in the between nights? Maybe with some Stones or {Stones friendly} music?
I've been to Borderline before and I see that is the place that Tim Ries performing on Wed 22.
Also after a little research I found Mean Fiddler, is it any good on Friday rock nights?
Any other suggestions?
[Edited by dimrstone]
7th August 2007 04:24 PM
Gazza Jesse Wood's band Hogg are playing at the Eel Pie Club at The Cabbage Patch in Twickenham on the wednesday of "Stones week" (22nd)

Obviously its unconfirmed, but there are rumours that a certain spikey-haired, Guinness-loving, paintbrush-wielding slide guitarist who happens to have a home in nearby Kingston may show up....

Tim Ries is also playing on the 20th as well as the 22nd.

Not Stones-related, but you could do worse than check out the 02 Arena on Friday 24th and Saturday 25th. £31.21 to see Prince is a steal and reports so far suggest he's on top form. There are "aftershows" for £25 at the Indigo2 club next to the 02 after each of his 21 gigs throughout August-September, although hes not guaranteed to perform. (Dr John actually played at one of them the other night). Of the two shows that week, he's more likely to play at the 25th August aftershow as he doesnt have a gig next day.
[Edited by Gazza]
7th August 2007 04:49 PM
Saint Sway Tim Ries is also playing on the 20th as well as the 22nd.

Obviously its unconfirmed, but there are rumours that a certain bowl-haired, synth-loving, silk vest-wielding back up keyboardist who happens to have a home in Mick's guest room on may show up....

^ TINGLE!!!!!!
7th August 2007 04:50 PM
dimrstone Oh yes the famous Cabbage Patch the gathering place for Twics 2003!
Hard to decide for Wed night! Maybe 55% Patch 45% Borderline!
Prince is a good idea too and specially if Dr John performing at after-show gigs! (Damn I would love to see him! Dr is great!)
What's the deal with these gigs?
I mean you have to get a concert ticket to get in? or you just buy a separate ticket for the Indigo?
7th August 2007 05:29 PM
Gazza Dr John played at a show the other night. I dont believe he was even pre-announced. I wouldnt expect that to be a regular thing.

Its a separate ticketed after-show party called "The Prince After Show Experience", you can buy tickets on Ticketmaster for £25. It could end up being anything from just a DJ spinning tunes to a full-blown gig. It's really a bit of a shot in the dark as to what you'll get. The Indigo2 holds about 2,000 people - whereas the 02 holds over ten times that amount

Apparently Prince showed up at Friday's after show gig, sat in with the girl who had been the opening act at the main show earlier that night and then split after a song or two because he didnt like the vibe. The first night his band started at 1.30 am, and jammed for about half an hour and then he jumped onstage and played with them.
[Edited by Gazza]
7th August 2007 05:49 PM
robpop My advice...bring money.
[Edited by robpop]
7th August 2007 05:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
dimrstone wrote:
Oh yes the famous Cabbage Patch the gathering place for Twics 2003!

I swear I saw Blondie do the "Cabbage Patch" at Vegas show
8th August 2007 08:38 AM
Gazza The Ries show on August 22nd has now been "upgraded" from the Borderline to the Mean Fiddler on Charing Cross Road (next to the AStoria)
8th August 2007 08:49 AM
the good
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Jesse Wood's band Hogg are playing at the Eel Pie Club at The Cabbage Patch in Twickenham on the wednesday of "Stones week" (22nd)

Is that like "shark week" on the discovery channel? Maybe the discovery channel should return the favor and have "Stones Week."
8th August 2007 10:03 AM
dimrstone
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Ries show on August 22nd has now been "upgraded" from the Borderline to the Mean Fiddler on Charing Cross Road (next to the AStoria)

Many thanks Gazza!!!
8th August 2007 11:35 PM
Bitch humm, what's HOGG sound like? Is it Rock? I'd like to catch that gig!

What a line-up!
Monday Tim Ries, Stones Tuesday, Hogg Wednesday, Stones Thursday, Prince Friday, Stikkyfingers Saturday, Stones Sunday, and then I go home on Monday if I survive that!! Holy shit I can barely think about this much non-stop music, night after night! It's Rock & Roll Stones week in London!
9th August 2007 02:20 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
dimrstone wrote:
Ok. So we have the Pilot inn scheduled from pre-show parties right?
Can anyone from the Londoners advice us visitors for a good rock bar/club to fill in the between nights? Maybe with some Stones or {Stones friendly} music?
I've been to Borderline before and I see that is the place that Tim Ries performing on Wed 22.
Also after a little research I found Mean Fiddler, is it any good on Friday rock nights?
Any other suggestions?
[Edited by dimrstone]

Are you thinking of clubs or bars where actual bands are playing, or those which play the music? There are loads.

I've been to a few good clubs in the past. I'll find the addresses and post them.

9th August 2007 05:29 AM
egon I would definitely go to a place called "PUB"
I don't know about live music, but they do have beer.
You'll find me there between the hours of Friday & Sunday.
9th August 2007 10:18 AM
dimrstone
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Are you thinking of clubs or bars where actual bands are playing, or those which play the music? There are loads.

I've been to a few good clubs in the past. I'll find the addresses and post them.

Anything that Rocks!!! Preferably with live music!!!
Thank you.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)