ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Drunk Richards Nearly Topples From Stage Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th August 2007 12:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Drunk Keith Richards Nearly Topples From Stage
He's saved by Mick....

by Chris Taylor on 04/08/2007
gigwise.com

Keith Richards was so drunk at a Rolling Stones gig this week he had to be stopped from falling from the stage by Mick Jagger.

The guitarist was saved from falling 20 foot into the crowd by a clearly unimpressed Sir Mick in Helsinki on Wednesday night.

Despite Mick’s help Keith also ended up on his arse during ‘Honky Tonk Woman’ and ‘She’s So Cold’, according to a report in the Sun.

Fan Paul Clark, who travelled from the UK to Finland to see the gig at the Olympic Stadium, told the paper, “Mick and Ronnie didn’t look too pleased. Mick, at one point, had to hold on to Keith to stop him falling off the stage.

“And at another point he stumbled sideways and if it wasn’t for the rail he’d have fallen 20 feet into the crowd.

“The roadies held him up while they strapped his guitar on him. His guitar work was all over the place. Mick was brilliant and he held the show together.”

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
5th August 2007 12:24 PM
Gazza I love the way the reporter (who wasnt even there) was able to tell he was 'drunk'

Must have been quite a strong whiff from the bottle to have travelled that far....
5th August 2007 12:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I love the way the reporter (who wasnt even there) was able to tell he was 'drunk'

Was he?

Ransom Stoddard: You're not going to use the story, Mr. Scott?
Maxwell Scott: This is the west, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.
6th August 2007 08:46 AM
open-g The Sun reporter was reading the IORR thread about Helsinki and there is a reference about that.

Topi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don´t look now, but my comments in this thread
> even made The Sun. Now, is that something to brag
> about...hmm...

It does show how the sun picks up 2nd hand information and makes their own story out of it.

rule no.1: it's got to be negative and/or shocking.
rule no.2: it's boring when the Stones are doing a top notch gig. we don't report about that.
6th August 2007 08:58 AM
gimmekeef Theres enough evidence to confirm this happened isnt there?.One of our own members posted thats what they saw too I believe.Amazing that no video has popped up on Youtube though.....
6th August 2007 09:12 AM
LadyJane Again..
Wasn't Marco at the show?

We need his report!!!!!

LJ.
6th August 2007 10:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Theres enough evidence to confirm this happened isnt there?.One of our own members posted thats what they saw too I believe.Amazing that no video has popped up on Youtube though.....

The fact that he fell on his hole isnt disputed. The way its been juiced up is the issue.

No one in the audience knows if he was drunk, and some fuckwit reporter sitting in an office in London with his own agenda certainly doesnt.

If he was THAT plastered, you could argue that he would have fallen more often in the course of a two hour show.

The guy's had brain surgery due to head trauma. He's admitted that he has to take what is actually anti-seizure medication, so presumably he has 'absences' as a result of his injury. It probably wouldnt take an awful lot of booze or dope to exacerbate that, but the risk is still there even without it.
[Edited by Gazza]
6th August 2007 10:59 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The fact that he fell on his hole isnt disputed. The way its been juiced up is the issue.

No one in the audience knows if he was drunk, and some fuckwit reporter sitting in an office in London with his own agenda certainly doesnt.

If he was THAT plastered, you could argue that he would have fallen more often in the course of a two hour show.

The guy's had brain surgery due to head trauma. He's admitted that he has to take what is actually anti-seizure medication, so presumably he has 'absences' as a result of his injury. It probably wouldnt take an awful lot of booze or dope to exacerbate that, but the risk is still there even without it.
[Edited by Gazza]

true, but the main issue is his health and then it is the quality of the music
6th August 2007 11:20 AM
Saint Sway Does Pug write for The Sun?
6th August 2007 11:46 AM
sun I know only that I saw how Keith fell on his arse on stage and how he almost fell down from the left-hand catwalk and THAT was a very close! His riffs didn't found right place on Satisfaction.
[Edited by sun]
6th August 2007 11:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

He's admitted that he has to take what is actually anti-seizure medication.
[Edited by Gazza]

Didn't know that. Seizures are the worst. I've had several. They are a truly scary, almost out of body experience. I hope Keith isn't epileptic these days. I suffer from it and although the medication prevents further attacks, it's not exactly curable.

As if the human-riff needs any more health problems!

I read the article in the Sun and its as if they’ve put it down to another ‘Keith moment’, yet at his age, its slightly more serious.
6th August 2007 12:01 PM
MikeyC613 what medication is he on?
6th August 2007 12:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Didn't know that. Seizures are the worst. I've had several.

See the new Mojo interview. That's where he mentions it by name. Dilantin. That's anti-seizure medicine. Could be 'petit mal' temporary absences, going by the descriptions people have been making of what the trouble is, but obviously we can only speculate.

Certainly makes more sense to me than the simple explanation of him just being drunk. THAT's nothing new, and he's usually been able to cope with his intake to the extent where it doesnt mar performances or make him fall over. Seems quite evident that he has good days and bad days. Copenhagen evidently seems to have fallen into the first category, Helsinki the latter, if reports are anything to go by.
[Edited by Gazza]
6th August 2007 12:04 PM
Mel Belli Dilantin. I started a thread after Gazza cited Keith's quote in Mojo about it.
6th August 2007 12:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
what medication is he on?

http://novogate.com/board/968/238168-1.html

see also :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilantin

http://www.drugs.com/dilantin.html

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/phenyt_ad.htm

Needless to say, as you can see from those links, excessive alcohol intake isn't exactly recommended!
[Edited by Gazza]
6th August 2007 12:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
what medication is he on?

what medication ISN'T he on???
6th August 2007 12:28 PM
Factory Girl Vodka...he must've been drinking Finnish Vodka.
6th August 2007 03:34 PM
guitarman53 kEITH RICHARDS IS AN ALCOHOLIC, I've been on the same medication "Dilantin" since I've had brain surgury, what Keith needs is Alcoholics Anoynmous.
6th August 2007 03:42 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
kEITH RICHARDS IS AN ALCOHOLIC, I've been on the same medication "Dilantin" since I've had brain surgury, what Keith needs is Alcoholics Anoynmous.

He needs an intervention..Mick/Charlie/Ronnie tell him clean up or they'll take the most important part of his life away...The Stones....But moot point as based on performance feedback I cant see Mick signing on for anything new soon..The guy has busted his ass every night and been left out to dry sometimes by Keith and previously Ronnie...
6th August 2007 04:45 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Vodka...he must've been drinking Finnish Vodka.

this stuff i can only guess,is what......195 proof?
throw in a line or 3 and a couple of potent pills everyday....
christ...you tell me.

6th August 2007 04:52 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

He needs an intervention..Mick/Charlie/Ronnie tell him clean up or they'll take the most important part of his life away...The Stones....But moot point as based on performance feedback I cant see Mick signing on for anything new soon..The guy has busted his ass every night and been left out to dry sometimes by Keith and previously Ronnie...

i think.... at this point he couldn't care less...he'd probably just laugh it off and go back to conn and have a nice sail around the long island sound.
6th August 2007 05:39 PM
Joey " Vodka...he must've been drinking Finnish Vodka. "

6th August 2007 05:55 PM
KeithRichards I'm not so sure that we saw the effects of Dilantin.
It's true that it causes those side effects (from what I read on the net), but if such side effects occur, you should normally consult a doc immediately and not play a whole rock show, right? It's not something that you have to accept, it's something that shouldn't occor when taking the drug - and if it occurs you should switch to something else...
6th August 2007 06:13 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

You may be right. But it's also true that if Mick wants the big payday, he needs Keith -- even shell-of-his-former-self Keith. Will he be satisfied with ABB's $500 million take?
6th August 2007 06:16 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

You may be right. But it's also true that if Mick wants the big payday, he needs Keith -- even shell-of-his-former-self Keith. Will he be satisfied with ABB's $500 million take?

EXACTLY....SO MICK BETTER KEEP HIS BIG MOUTH SHUT
6th August 2007 06:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 08/06/07
09:54:30, Categories: Music News
Starpulse.com

Keith Richards Ignores Doctors' Booze Warnings

Rolling Stone Keith Richards insists he'll never stop drinking because he has outlived a number of doctors who warned him about his constant partying.

The guitarist, who was once addicted to heroin for 10 years, claims decades of hard-partying have taught him to know his limits.

He says, "They keep telling me to stop drinking, but I can't be bothered. It's like, 'You don't know me, I know me.' The people who've told me to stop doing this and that and they've croaked.

"Not that I want to brag about it, but I mean, I've had about three doctors who told me, 'If you carry on like this, you will be dead in six months.' I went to their funerals."

6th August 2007 06:50 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

"Not that I want to brag about it, but I mean, I've had about three doctors who told me, 'If you carry on like this, you will be dead in six months.' I went to their funerals."

B.S.
6th August 2007 07:04 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
08/06/07
09:54:30, Categories: Music News
Starpulse.com

Keith Richards Ignores Doctors' Booze Warnings

Rolling Stone Keith Richards insists he'll never stop drinking because he has outlived a number of doctors who warned him about his constant partying.

The guitarist, who was once addicted to heroin for 10 years, claims decades of hard-partying have taught him to know his limits.

He says, "They keep telling me to stop drinking, but I can't be bothered. It's like, 'You don't know me, I know me.' The people who've told me to stop doing this and that and they've croaked.

keith is a freak of nature...has a strong will to live. but i wouldn't be surprised to wake up tomorrow and read that he is dead.
6th August 2007 07:16 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

keith is a freak of nature...has a strong will to live. but i wouldn't be surprised to wake up tomorrow and read that he is dead.

i would
6th August 2007 07:30 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

i would

i didn't mean that literally...its just the wine talking.

long live keith richards....i mean keith richard.

go stones go
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)