ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: please supply a list of overdubs on The Stones new DVD Return to archive
4th August 2007 07:11 PM
Kilroy I keep hearing about these overdubs, please give me a hint where to listen.
4th August 2007 10:30 PM
lotsajizz well, just to start, everything in Austin from the b-stage to the end of the show
5th August 2007 01:18 AM
Kilroy You can't give me a for instance? Listen here to this part?
5th August 2007 01:38 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
I keep hearing about these overdubs, please give me a hint where to listen.

Rule Number 1: Never run out of Colt 45

5th August 2007 05:09 AM
pdog Rule #2 You do not talk about Fight Club.
5th August 2007 09:21 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
You can't give me a for instance? Listen here to this part?

I just did. Try reading this time.
5th August 2007 09:31 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
You can't give me a for instance? Listen here to this part?

most obviously, Satisfaction in Austin. Listen to Mick's growl.
5th August 2007 12:15 PM
Jumacfly "she's so cold" in Austin.
5th August 2007 01:57 PM
Gazza Get Off Of My Cloud!
5th August 2007 01:57 PM
voodoopug The intro to Little T and A in Austin, Keith's entire guitar track in Under My Thumb, Mick's vocals during Get Off My Cloud during third verse in Austin when he is jumping around.

Let's be honest here, this release almost qualifies as "Live in the Studio!"
5th August 2007 02:35 PM
pdog You don't talk about Fight Club!!!!
5th August 2007 02:50 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
"she's so cold" in Austin.

hmmm...I didn't hear any overdubs there. Do ya mean vocals or guitar?
5th August 2007 03:04 PM
speedfreakjive overdubs by Blondie
5th August 2007 03:14 PM
voodoodrew I don't think that She's So Cold is overdubbed as much as it is edited. Same goes for Streets of Love, Tumblin Dice and most of the first half of the show - the Stones "played out" most of those songs that night and they are notably shorter on the DVD. The entire vocal track and maybe Mick's guitar on Bob Wills, however, is clearly overdubbed, though nothing from Keith or Ronnie on that track appears to be.

Also, I don't think that the intro to T&A is overdubbed. I was there and it was pretty good, though it would have been nice to have the riff continue throughout the song. Keith was having a good night - Learning the Game is exactly as I heard it at Zilker . . . beautiful. Definitely no overdub there.

The second half of the show, though, is quite a bit of overdubbing - especially Mick's vocals, probably the UMT guitar track, the "hey's" and "you's" from Mick in GOMC.
6th August 2007 04:35 AM
The jinn, my friend.
6th August 2007 07:22 AM
corgi37 Rule #3 - No poofters.
6th August 2007 07:45 AM
Kilroy Rule #?
Thank you!
[Edited by Kilroy]
6th August 2007 10:40 AM
Mathijs
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Keith's entire guitar track in Under My Thumb

That actually then means that Keith does not play on UMT. He didn't do any overdubs himself, he left that to Pierre.

Mathijs
6th August 2007 10:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Mathijs wrote:

That actually then means that Keith does not play on UMT. Mathijs

Which isn't true. I've watched the performance a couple of times and Keith is definitely there. I'm not disputing that others may of provided the overdubs, but Under My Thumb is not a Keith-free performance to my ears. It looks like he's taking one of the solos, but yeah, there are overdubs on this one!
6th August 2007 12:35 PM
Saint Sway there arent any 'new' overdubs on Biggest Bang

Just recycled overdubs that were left off of Ya-Ya's.
7th August 2007 02:01 PM
oldkr mick on sway is one of the most obvious dubs. The whole aspect of the sound changes each time a high note comes up.

OLDKR
7th August 2007 02:51 PM
The jinn, my friend. OK.... I looked up overdub to make sure I had the proper definition...

Hmmmmmm....
You are buying Stones music with overdubs. However, the over dubs are not the preformed by the actual Stones, but their backup musicians. The performances that the original music is clipped from are significantly “enhanced” by stand-ins.

Therefore, what you have is a Pantomime Music video.

There is nothing wrong with that. Who does not like spectacular theater?

Rolling Stones
In the musical
~Bang Me!

The “shows” are “more than just a concert, it is an experience”

I really like fireworks and confetti and really cool videos. In addition, mines. Anyone know of a spectacular show like that?

At least the cd will not skip! Whoa Nilli!

7th August 2007 08:58 PM
Kilroy This switch of the Mike On the Midnite Rambler, disc 3, that I just read about posted by Jeep. What's going on there. Is it all fake?
7th August 2007 09:01 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
This switch of the Mike On the Midnite Rambler, disc 3, that I just read about posted by Jeep. What's going on there. Is it all fake?

we're all doomed, the Stones are fucking with our minds
7th August 2007 09:22 PM
Kilroy What going on here, mikes changing in the middle of songs, duds, .......
7th August 2007 09:26 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
What going on here, mikes changing in the middle of songs, duds, .......

so weird
7th August 2007 10:48 PM
The jinn, my friend. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/107/316262948_32b0afc478_o.jpg

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)