ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The View Just Got Even Uglier! Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st August 2007 01:54 PM
gimmekeef What a gaggle of lard:

Whoopi officially joins 'The View'

By DAVID BAUDER

NEW YORK (AP) - Whoopi Goldberg, officially named Wednesday as the new moderator of "The View" as the show puts Rosie O'Donnell in its rearview mirror, said her new job is a "big ol' thrill for me."

Goldberg jogged down the aisle of the New York studio, slapping hands with the audience, when the announcement was made live on the air by show creator Barbara Walters.

"I love this show," said Goldberg, one of a select few performers to win an Oscar, Emmy, Tony and Grammy award. "I love coming on it. I love hanging out with you guys."

O'Donnell announced this spring she was leaving ABC's daytime talk show after less than a year filled with controversy and feuds with Donald Trump and co-star Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

Despite O'Donnell's polarizing presence - or maybe because of it - ratings went up last year.

Goldberg, 51, gives "The View" a big name to fill the slot of moderator, who generally steers the discussion.

She may not reach O'Donnell's level, but Goldberg is no stranger to political controversy. She was dumped from a Slim-Fast advertising campaign in 2004 after making a speech mocking the Bush administration at a political rally, at one point using the president's surname as a sexual reference.

"The View" is in "ongoing discussions" with several people for another cast slot, a spokesman said. That would fill the chair left unoccupied since the stormy departure of Star Jones Reynolds last year.

Among the candidates for that role is actress Sherri Shepherd, who has appeared on "The View" as a sub several times over the past month.

1st August 2007 02:00 PM
Starbuck
1st August 2007 02:19 PM
Saint Sway Barbara Wahwah, Star Jones, Rosie, Whoopie.... its hard to imagine any worse options

their next host: Wendy The Snapple Lady

she's fat, annoying, stupid and totally irrelevant. Its The View's Casting Directors dream host

[Edited by Saint Sway]
1st August 2007 02:24 PM
mrhipfl Everyone keeps talking about this thing, but I have never seen it. Is it like a talkshow or what?
1st August 2007 02:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Everyone keeps talking about this thing, but I have never seen it. Is it like a talkshow or what?

My wife watches this while I am at work, I am disgusted by her decision...apparently it is a talk show very high in Estrogen
1st August 2007 02:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Everyone keeps talking about this thing, but I have never seen it. Is it like a talkshow or what?

in many ways its a lot like the Omaha Summitt, except its a bit more entertaining
1st August 2007 02:40 PM
glencar Omaha Summit but with more balls...
1st August 2007 02:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Omaha Summit but with more balls...

Summit of the Century!!!!!!

(See: Mr. Toads)

Happy Birthday Joey!
1st August 2007 02:54 PM
gimmekeef Theres a huge buzz building around the Atlanta Fall Summit to coincide with the IMAX debut.....
1st August 2007 02:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Omaha Summit but with more balls...

not necessarily true during the Rosie years
1st August 2007 02:56 PM
Starbuck pug

i am committed to helping you with your "image makeover". to shed those ugly posts all you have to do is a few situps, drink a few "post watchers" milkshakes, making sure that the labels are turned in, and stop making pilgrimmages to nebraska. there is nothing there for you, really!

"i feel the good in you..."
1st August 2007 02:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
pug

i am committed to helping you with your "image makeover". to shed those ugly posts all you have to do is a few situps, drink a few "post watchers" milkshakes, making sure that the labels are turned in, and stop making pilgrimmages to nebraska. there is nothing there for you, really!

For this post to even be considered "average" it should have been done under the new Rocks Off Screen name "Pug Life Coach". You are slipping in your old age my friend.
1st August 2007 03:06 PM
mojoman
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
pug

Nothing can stop that now. Just for once... let me... look on you with my OWN eyes

1st August 2007 03:13 PM
pdog I jut assume people who care about who is on The View are glued to the TV when Bill O'Reilly comes on... Yeah, it's a double humiliation!
1st August 2007 03:20 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
I jut assume people who care about who is on The View are glued to the TV when Bill O'Reilly comes on... Yeah, it's a double humiliation!

I enjoyed the View on occasion whilst getting ready for work because Rosie always was a bit nutty. Can Whoopi! bring the crazy?
1st August 2007 03:27 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

My wife watches this while I am at work, I am disgusted by her decision...apparently it is a talk show very high in Estrogen

You still love her in spite of U2 & The View?
That's loyalty, Puggy.

1st August 2007 03:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

You still love her in spite of U2 & The View?
That's loyalty, Puggy.

She also watches American Idol, but I love her dearly nonetheless!
1st August 2007 04:14 PM
fireontheplatter i love whoppie....god help me i don't start watching this show during the miserable icy rainy days of winter..i'll probably stick with the price is right even tho i can't really stand the fatness/sillyness of drew carey.

1st August 2007 04:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i love whoppie....god help me i don't start watching this show during the miserable icy rainy days of winter..i'll probably stick with the price is right even tho i can't really stand the fatness/sillyness of drew carey.

you might actually be lamer than Pug

too close to call right now... but the way this thread is going I'm certain that one of you will out do the other and get to proudly hoist the 'King of All Lame Asses" trophy all on their own before this thread is done

1st August 2007 04:28 PM
Martha
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

It is like many of the shows on mainstream television. I've only watched it for a few minutes. I am turned off to any show of this ilk. All I heard the hosts doing was gossiping and taking other people's inventories. I have no interest in going back to the 7th grade so I haven't tuned in since. Mainstream television sickens me these days. I prefer XM Satellite Radio. :-)
1st August 2007 04:35 PM
Joey " Everyone keeps talking about this thing, but I have never seen it. Is it like a talkshow or what? "
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1st August 2007 04:38 PM
Starbuck
quote:
i love whoppie....god help me i don't start watching this show during the miserable icy rainy days of winter..i'll probably stick with the price is right even tho i can't really stand the fatness/sillyness of drew carey.

1st August 2007 04:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

Starbuck ..................................

You are on FIRE !!!!
1st August 2007 04:41 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Martha wrote:

It is like many of the shows on mainstream television. I've only watched it for a few minutes. I am turned off to any show of this ilk. All I heard the hosts doing was gossiping and taking other people's inventories. I have no interest in going back to the 7th grade so I haven't tuned in since. Mainstream television sickens me these days. I prefer XM Satellite Radio. :-)

Yes Martha...give me Earl Bailey or George Taylor Morris in the Deep Tracks anyday!.....
1st August 2007 04:53 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

i think you need to find a date..or take a walk... you need to DO SOMETHING
this bitterness you harbor inside yourself towards me surely can't be healthy.

just avoid me....let it go. its easy...try it sometime.

love and kisses sweetheart.

1st August 2007 05:03 PM
mojoman this makes me want to gouge out my eyes and plunge daggers in my ears
1st August 2007 05:09 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mojoman wrote:
this makes me want to gouge out my eyes and plunge daggers in my ears

must be the nj heat.....
1st August 2007 05:12 PM
mojoman
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

must be the nj heat.....

its hotter than hades here and there are more devils
1st August 2007 05:21 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mojoman wrote:

its hotter than hades here and there are more devils

i wasn't thinking sports teams.....just the good ol summer sun.
1st August 2007 05:28 PM
Starbuck
quote:
i think you need to find a date..or take a walk... you need to DO SOMETHING
this bitterness you harbor inside yourself towards me surely can't be healthy.

just avoid me....let it go. its easy...try it sometime.

love and kisses sweetheart.

find a date? sorry...i think it's a bit odd taking dating advice from you. after all, your last date didn't end so well....

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)