ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shine A Light in IMAX Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st July 2007 12:15 AM
GotToRollMe IMAX Release of Martin Scorsese's Rolling Stones Concert Film Coming September 21, 2007
Monday July 30, 2:05 pm ET

Legendary Rock Band, Academy Award-winning Director and World's Most Powerful Cinematic Format Join Forces in "Shine A Light: The IMAX Experience"

LOS ANGELES, CA, July 30 /CNW/ - IMAX Corporation, Paramount Pictures, Shangri-La Entertainment and Concert Productions International today announced that the highly anticipated Rolling Stones concert film Shine A Light, directed by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese, will be released to IMAX(R) theatres simultaneously with the film's wide release on September 21, 2007. Shine A Light will be digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience(R) with IMAX DMR(R) (Digital Re-Mastering) technology.

"I am very pleased that audiences will have the opportunity to experience Shine A Light in IMAX. The larger-than-life images and sound of an IMAX theatre will only enhance the experience of giving viewers the best seat in the house to watch the Rolling Stones perform," said Mr. Scorsese.

"IMAX is all about immersing an audience in sight and sound - placing moviegoers in the middle of an experience - and in Mr. Scorsese's Shine A Light: The IMAX Experience, audiences will feel as if they are literally in the front row at the concert," said IMAX Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler. "We expect the energy from the IMAX release of Shine A Light to entertain and inspire in a truly immersive and unique way."

"We couldn't be happier to work with the Rolling Stones, Paramount, Shangri-La Entertainment and Concert Productions International to bring the Stones and Martin Scorsese to The IMAX Experience," added Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment. "With 12,000 watts of digital surround sound, crystal clear images and IMAX's immersive screens, this film will offer moviegoers and fans of the Stones a front row ticket to a very cool concert event."

More than a decade ago, the Rolling Stones were featured in an IMAX movie that re-defined the way people experience concert films. Since then, the IMAX theatre network has tripled in size, with most IMAX theatres now located in commercial markets.

"Since the last Rolling Stones IMAX film, our theatre network has expanded into hundreds of cities worldwide, so we're very excited to be able to reach a much wider global fan-base with Shine A Light," continued Mr. Foster. "Moreover, many IMAX films of this genre tend to play in IMAX theatres for years, not weeks, so we believe this project is an ideal candidate to become an IMAX perennial."

Link: http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/070730/imax_rolling_stones.html?.v=1
31st July 2007 12:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now in Spanish! Gracias capetruzas

Scorsese con los Rolling Stones
Julio 26, 2007 – 9:07 pm

Para los amantes del buen Rock and roll, el 27 de septiembre es una fecha importante ya que se estrenará en Buenos Aires el documental de Martin Scorsese Shine a Ligth, que retrata la carrera de los Rolling Stones.

La película es un entrevista intima del director con los miembros de la banda que se realizó durante el último tour, que presentó el disco A bigger bang, por lo que no sería raro que se vieran imágenes de los conciertos en Buenos Aires.

Lo fabuloso y distinto de este nuevo trabajo de Scorsese es que reclutó, para filmar los recitales, a distintos directores de fotografía, todos ganadores o nominados al Oscar, como Emmanuel Lubezki (Lemony Snicket), Andrew Lesnie (El Señor de los Anillos) John Toll (El último samurai) y Robert Elswitt (Magnolia) entre otros.

Esta es la tercera oportunidad que el director de Los infiltrados dedica un documental a un artista del rock, ya que previamente lo hizo con El Ultimo Vals (1978), dedicado a The Band, una de las más gloriosas bandas de rock country de la Historia, (al menos para mí) y recientemente en No Direction Home (PELICULÓN del 2005) sobre Bob Dylan.

Shine a Ligth la estrenará Distribution Company en nuestro país.
31st July 2007 05:55 AM
mrhipfl fuckin AWESOME!!
I am so stoked for this film. My friends will finally realize the true godness that is the rolling stones.
31st July 2007 09:04 AM
gimmekeef This will be great!..Wonder how much it would cost to put an Imax into my house?....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
31st July 2007 09:24 AM
Jumping Jack I anticipate a return trip to the Mall of Georgia IMAX, GK!!!
31st July 2007 09:54 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I anticipate a return trip to the Mall of Georgia IMAX, GK!!!

Gee JJ I forgot there was one over there!..Yesssssss sounds like we need to organize an Atlanta Summit.....
31st July 2007 11:54 AM
Gazza Hmm..in two minds as to whether this is a good thing.

"At The Max" required extensive post-production and overdubbing to render it suitable for the IMAX format. I would expect this to be the same. As if there isn't enough 'artificial' additions to this project already.

Whilst it adds to the visual experience seeing it on a HUGE screen, it has its detractions as well and makes it less 'real'.

The "At The Max" film is shitty when seen on a home video/DVD format - especially when you've seen the real thing in the way it was meant to be seen. Doesnt augur well for what "Shine A light" will be like when released as a commercial DVD, which is after all the way most of us will be viewing it in the long term.
31st July 2007 12:23 PM
charlotte I would expect a HD-DVD version....both blue ray and HDDVD
31st July 2007 01:15 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Hmm..in two minds as to whether this is a good thing.

"At The Max" required extensive post-production and overdubbing to render it suitable for the IMAX format. I would expect this to be the same. As if there isn't enough 'artificial' additions to this project already.

Whilst it adds to the visual experience seeing it on a HUGE screen, it has its detractions as well and makes it less 'real'.

The "At The Max" film is shitty when seen on a home video/DVD format - especially when you've seen the real thing in the way it was meant to be seen. Doesnt augur well for what "Shine A light" will be like when released as a commercial DVD, which is after all the way most of us will be viewing it in the long term.

The original at The Max had those flaws yes..But wouldnt you think some 15 plus years later the technology would allow for a better output?.....But despite the flaws we're having a Summit here in Atlanta and y'all are invited!
31st July 2007 01:39 PM
Jeep At the Max was filmed for Imax theatres with Imax special cameras (huge cameras).

Shine a Light is adapted to Imax theatres with some computers

http://www.imax3dmyrtlebeach.com/imax_technology_dmr.asp

I'm afraid that the results 'll be less spectacular than At the Max because Shine a Light wasn't intended previously for Imax.

[Edited by Jeep]
31st July 2007 02:59 PM
glencar NYC summit anyone?
31st July 2007 03:00 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Jeep wrote:
At the Max was filmed for Imax theatres with Imax special cameras (huge cameras).

Shine a Light is adapted to Imax theatres with some computers

http://www.imax3dmyrtlebeach.com/imax_technology_dmr.asp

I'm afraid that the results 'll be less spectacular than At the Max because Shine a Light wasn't intended previously for Imax.

[Edited by Jeep]

I understand IMAX characters have gotten a lot smaller and easier to manipulate.
31st July 2007 04:43 PM
luxury1 I am reading there is an opening for the film in London, on Sep 17--hey--where's the NYC Sep 21 premiere to be held??
[Edited by luxury1]
31st July 2007 04:52 PM
Gazza London, I hope....

September 17, you say? hmmmm..'developing'......
[Edited by Gazza]
31st July 2007 05:15 PM
fireontheplatter this sounds awesome.
3rd August 2007 07:19 PM
gorda I finally got to see a movie in IMAX, while I was in Barcelona. It was okay. Actually, the most exciting part of the experience was when I was walking to up to find a seat, an older gentleman with a nice ass almost fell on top of me! Woooooooooooooooooo!
4th August 2007 08:36 AM
corgi37 Fuck! I dont know if we have an Imax theatre anymore. I am so out of the loop.
5th August 2007 07:11 AM
Some Guy The Atlanta summit will be large.
5th August 2007 10:14 AM
Fuck!
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Fuck! I dont know if we have an Imax theatre anymore. I am so out of the loop.

you askin' me? well here in Holland we have three as far as i know, The Hague, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

here Shine a light will be shown in Imax cinema's from Sept. 20 and also in the normal cinema's nationwide.

Fuck!
5th August 2007 03:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Fuck! I dont know if we have an Imax theatre anymore. I am so out of the loop.

here ya go

http://www.imaxmelbourne.com.au/index.aspx?pageId=0#
5th August 2007 04:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fuck! wrote:

you askin' me? well here in Holland we have three as far as i know, The Hague, Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

here Shine a light will be shown in Imax cinema's from Sept. 20 and also in the normal cinema's nationwide.

Fuck!

List of IMAX theatres worldwide :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMAX_venues

UK has 11, 9 in England plus Glasgow and Belfast.
When "At The Max" came out, the only one in this country was in Bradford. I went to Paris to see the movie at La Geode.

5th August 2007 05:40 PM
Bitch
quote:
glencar wrote:
NYC summit anyone?

Sounds good to me!
5th August 2007 05:49 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

List of IMAX theatres worldwide :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMAX_venues

UK has 11, 9 in England plus Glasgow and Belfast.
When "At The Max" came out, the only one in this country was in Bradford. I went to Paris to see the movie at La Geode.

yes, me being from Yorkshire remembers when good old Bradford had the only IMAX - apt given it is the home of The British Museum Of Photography
6th August 2007 07:25 AM
corgi37 Holy fuck! Thanks Gazza. You know more than i about Melbourne. Now, tell me, where can i get laid?

For free.
6th August 2007 07:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Holy fuck! Thanks Gazza. You know more than i about Melbourne. Now, tell me, where can i get laid?

For free.

The Pilot Inn, London, August 21,23 & 26.
Might cost you the price of a couple of drinks, but thats pretty much for 'free'.

Bring rubber gloves.
6th August 2007 07:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

yes, me being from Yorkshire remembers when good old Bradford had the only IMAX - apt given it is the home of The British Museum Of Photography

When "At The Max" was being put together, thats where the Stones all went (in secret) to see how the process worked.
6th August 2007 05:17 PM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Sounds good to me!

Let's do it!

Las Vegas, Brenden IMAX Theater, The Palms, [220]

[edit] New York
Buffalo, Regal IMAX Theater, Transit Center 16, [221]
Garden City, Leroy R. and Rose W. Grumman IMAX Dome Theater, [222]
New Rochelle, Regal IMAX Theater, New Roc City 18, [223]
New York, IMAX Theater, American Museum of Natural History, [224]
New York, Loews IMAX Theater, Lincoln Square, [225]
Rochester, Cinemark IMAX Theater, Tinseltown, [226]
Syracuse, Bristol Omnitheater, Milton J. Rubenstein Museum of Science & Technology, [227]
West Nyack, IMAX Theater at Palisades Center, Palisades Center, [228]
White Plains, IMAX Theater, City Center 15: Cinema de Lux, [229]

[Edited by glencar]
6th August 2007 05:25 PM
fireontheplatter is this not playing in 'regular' theaters?
or is that after it makes the imax rounds?
6th August 2007 05:31 PM
glencar dunno
6th August 2007 08:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
is this not playing in 'regular' theaters?
or is that after it makes the imax rounds?

It'll be in regular cinemas. makes no commercial sense for it not to be. Cant imagine it'd be more than a limited run, though. The days of rock movies being big box office are long gone.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)