ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Palace Square, St. Petersburg, Russia 28th July 2007 -Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
28th July 2007 03:15 PM
PartyDoll MEG Managed to miss this set-list party...

Ah well..
28th July 2007 03:17 PM
Gazza 19. Brown Sugar (encore)
28th July 2007 03:18 PM
charlotte no doubt gazza, the place to be at on this tour! I was in Lenningrad for the first time in 1980 and 83 in July and never saw nitetime, again St Petersburg in 1999 and 2001...what an historic place to see the STones
[Edited by charlotte]
28th July 2007 03:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for all your hard work, Gazza. And thank you Beast!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
28th July 2007 03:21 PM
bootcover

AP Photo/Dmitry Lovetsky
28th July 2007 03:22 PM
SweetVirginia Yes, thank you Gazza & Beast.
Beast is my hero on the Euro tour.
She has been at so many shows.

28th July 2007 03:27 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
bootcover wrote:

i am just glad that mick has stopped pushing and shoving ronnie around like he used to back in the day. what a bully he was then.

thanks for the song list.

jeep?
28th July 2007 03:28 PM
LadyJane SFTD in St Petersburg.
Goosebumps.

Did the entire show take place during daylight hours???

LJ.
28th July 2007 03:30 PM
glencar This show is done already? Curfew or something? Anyhoo, I wish I had made it there. Never been to St. Petersburg, or Russia, for that matter.
28th July 2007 03:30 PM
Gazza Thats all, folks

"absolutely brilliant show. Shame about the audience"
28th July 2007 03:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
SFTD in St Petersburg.
Goosebumps.

Did the entire show take place during daylight hours???

LJ.

I think its 10.30 there now. In a city that far north, its going to be daylight until very late at this time of year. There may have been some kind of curfew too - after all, this show took place in a main square in the city centre and not a stadium.
28th July 2007 03:33 PM
Martha Thanks for posting the set and photos. I didn't realize the show was already in the can.

xxoo,
Martha
28th July 2007 03:34 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Martha wrote:
Thanks for posting the set and photos. I didn't realize the show was already in the can.

xxoo,
Martha

the pepsi center...denver co.
28th July 2007 04:39 PM
KeithRichards According to bv on IORR at least 100,000 people were at the show and the crowd was great. He also said it was the best performance of this tour so far. Looking forward to more reports.
28th July 2007 05:27 PM
Gazza there was a noise curfew which meant that the show was scheduled to start at 21.15 local time (it appears st petersburg is 3 hours ahead of UK time, not two as I thought), so the Stones played from around 21.30 for almost two hours.
28th July 2007 05:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:
According to bv on IORR at least 100,000 people were at the show and the crowd was great. He also said it was the best performance of this tour so far. Looking forward to more reports.

Bjornulf's review :

This was the best show of the summer for sure. And it was the best performance of the tour. And the largest crowd at least 100,000 of which half were for free and many paid 1,000 Rubel which is 30 Euro i.e. 40 us dollars. Cheap cheap cheap. The crowd was great. The "sitting down" bit I read about above must be a local thing. They were absolutely into the show. And the "venue" was absolute beautiful. Unique buildings surrounding a large place/square in historic beautiful St Petersburg. Keith did his best opening parts on Rough Justice, it reminded me of his previous highlight in Russia, see my report about Flip The Switch in Moscow 1998: [iorr.org]

Indeed it was a great great show and a great great crowd. Mick, Keith and Ronnie were running around on the B-stage like maniacs. They wanted this to be a great show. Keith was 100% sharp and concentrated all through the show. The security style was changed 180 degrees vs. the previous show in Russia 1998, when they had 1200 uniformed police all over. Now there were suit and tie style security, firm but nice. Nothing on sale anywhere except for special t-shirts. Total of 10 - ten - toilets for the entire crowd. But it was a great show.

It is now half an hour past midnight here in St Petersburg and I need a beer or two. Then I will write a detailed report with some great photos here soon after. I made some fantastic photos because it never went dark, twilight during the encore.
28th July 2007 06:05 PM
Gaby Good to hear it was a great show, and good to see they changed the setlist just a little bit (they got "Little T & A", how lucky... I'm in love with that song).
28th July 2007 08:28 PM
GotToRollMe Some photos by Dmitry Lovetsky for AP:

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
28th July 2007 08:31 PM
Gazza What an amazing setting. That pic of the traffic going down the street as normal whilst Mick is on the screen in the background is a bit surreal...
28th July 2007 08:34 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:
What an amazing setting. That pic of the traffic going down the street as normal whilst Mick is on the screen in the background is a bit surreal...

Yes ..it is really strange to see cars passing by that monstrosity of a stage!!
28th July 2007 09:21 PM
LadyJane This one:

yeah....

surreal is a good description!

outdoor lighting should make for more great photos!

LJ.
28th July 2007 10:27 PM
jaggergurl Wow!! what a beautiful place to see a Stones show... and SFTD, amazing, it must have been amazing!!!
29th July 2007 03:46 AM
Jeep A TV video report before the show :

29th July 2007 03:55 AM
montana another footage before the show:

http://www.1tv.ru/owa/win/ort6_vide...=id=268366;t=56

and two pix:

29th July 2007 03:58 AM
montana and tv report from the show:

http://www.1tv.ru/owa/win/ort6_vide...=id=268366;t=56

this is another 'before' the show, similar to the first video posted above:

mms://video.rfn.ru/rtr-vesti/106312.asf

[Edited by montana]
29th July 2007 05:47 AM
Jeep .

29th July 2007 06:00 AM
Jeep Concert report from NTV with people on the roofs !

29th July 2007 07:18 AM
Mr Jurkka Good set-list mick has a different jacket on.. hah
Must been different gig in day light..
29th July 2007 12:05 PM
bootcover A few from Getty Images

29th July 2007 02:49 PM
Gazza Nice pics by Bjornulf of Ronnie The Red...

More here :

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/stp.htm

Universally glowing reports about this show, it seems.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)