ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

HSH Nordbank Arena, Hamburg 15th August 2007
© Axel Schumacher, Thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Footage Discovered: Charlie Watts Music Video´s !!! Return to archive
26th July 2007 04:05 AM
Fuck! Charlie Watts & Band
Music Video's
Recorded in the early 90's i think...

hilarious! why did he made them? was it for MTV? LOL

Charlie Watts - I've got a crush on you

Charlie Watts - My Ship

[Edited by Fuck!]
26th July 2007 07:25 AM
Mr Jurkka I didnt even know that charlie got his own music videos. I must say very nice almost better than the Stones videos.
26th July 2007 07:42 AM
corgi37 I'll tell ya. I hate this shit. I do. But Bernard is outstanding! And, Charlie...our boy!

He's in his element. The love of the music is there. You can tell. As a very bad musician, i appreciate anyone who really digs what they do. I am jealous of everyone.

And, shit, Charlie does it so good . And, he does it so well. And he is the best. The classiest.

I love you all!
26th July 2007 11:22 AM
Throwaway Charlie on BET??? Bet he didnt think his vid would be on after an episode of "BEEF: 50 Cent Vs. Ja Rule" !!
26th July 2007 12:32 PM
thejuf ok, here are some facts:
My Ship is a track from Warm & Tender , recorded at Olympic Studios , London , 1993. It was written by George Gershwin/ Kurt Weill , way back in 1941 and was written for the movie Lady In The Dark. Brian Lemon wrote the arrangement for CW Quintet, London Metropolitan Orchestra providing strings .

I've Got A Crush On You was recorded in 1996, released on Long Ago And Far Away , written for the movie Cover Girl by Ira Gershwin and Jerome Kern in 1944. This arrangement was also written by Brian Lemon. Recordings with the CWQ were made at Olympic Studios , strings by the Metropolitan Orchestra.

For those who are not into Charlie's jazz: Brian Lemon plays the piano with CWQ and is a great arranger!

Both CW Quintet clips are very rare, but sometimes they appear on a bootleg. Both songs have been covered by many famous crooners, incl. Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald.
[Edited by thejuf]
[Edited by thejuf]
26th July 2007 12:52 PM
Quiquestone
quote:
thejuf wrote:
ok, here are some facts:
My Ship is a track from Warm & Tender , recorded at Olympic Studios , London , 1993. It was written by George Gershwin/ Kurt Weill , way back in 1941 and was written for the movie Lady In The Dark. Brian Lemon wrote the arrangement for CW Quintet, London Metropolitan Orchestra providing strings .

I've Got A Crush On You was recorded in 1996, released on Long Ago And Far Away , written for the movie Cover Girl by Ira Gershwin and Jerome Kern in 1944. This arrangement was also written by Brian Lemon. Recordings with the CWQ were made at Olympic Studios , strings by the Metropolitan Orchestra.

Thank's for the info!
Have all Charlie´s CDs but didn't know about the movies!

For those who are not into Charlie's jazz: Brian Lemon plays the piano with CWQ and is a great arranger!

Both CW Quintet clips are very rare, but sometimes they appear on a bootleg. Both songs have been covered by many famous crooners, incl. Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald.
[Edited by thejuf]
[Edited by thejuf]

Thank's for the info!
Have all Charlie´s CDs but didn't know about the movies!
26th July 2007 12:56 PM
glencar Aural Sominex; I have actually used Warm & Tender to knock myself out.
26th July 2007 01:17 PM
thejuf well done, Glencar!
26th July 2007 07:00 PM
Soldatti Great clips.
26th July 2007 07:39 PM
Gazza I remember seeing the vid for "I've got a crush on you" premiered on VH1(UK) when it came out and taping it at the time...
7th August 2007 07:29 PM
Kilroy Charlie Watts is a very talented muscian.
We are fortune to live in the same time as him and his talent.
7th August 2007 07:37 PM
Tom Bernad Fowler is singing in the first vid
7th August 2007 07:39 PM
fireontheplatter charlie watts or not...............NOT
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)