ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roth Scammer Is Booking Axl Rose Gigs Return to archive
14th August 2006 02:37 PM
RollingstonesUSA Launch Radio Networks reports: The scammer who's been offering clubs a phony chance to book DAVID LEE ROTH has been doing the same thing with other artist names. According to Pollstar.com, the scam artist has also been trying to get people interested in shows by GUNS N' ROSES leader Axl Rose, POISON, POISON frontman Bret Michaels, and ALICE IN CHAINS. The phony agent has used a few different names, including one that's very similar to the name of Roth's real, well-known booking agent, who said, "He's using my name. That's where he really crossed the line with me. I'm going to drop coin on the table to find this nut." The real agent has been in contact with both the FBI and the Federal Trade Commission.

The scammer has tricked several venues by asking really low fees for well-known entertainers. Basically, the warning goes out to all clubs — if someone offers to get you an act for what seems like a lot less than the artist might normally charge, beware.

The phony agent also has certain mistakes in the contract he sends to the clubs, including a "force manure" clause instead of a "force majeure" clause, which voids obligation in the event of uncontrollable actions, including war and Acts Of God such as natural disasters.

The next legitimate gig for DAVID LEE ROTH is Saturday (August 19) in Clarkston, Michigan.
14th August 2006 02:43 PM
Saint Sway I'm not saying that "Dan" is the mastermind behind this.... but c'mon all you have to do is read between the lines...

quote:

The scammer has tricked several venues by asking really low fees for well-known entertainers.
14th August 2006 10:10 PM
Brainbell Jangler D'oh! Then you mean that the Stones won't be playing my birthday party next week for $500?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)