ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BOB DYLAN, COLUMBUS, OHIO SETLIST Return to archive
14th August 2006 01:46 AM
RollingstonesUSA 1. Maggie's Farm
2. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
3. Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
4. Blind Willie McTell
5. New Morning
6. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
7. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
8. Shelter from the Storm
9. Masters of War
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Sugar Baby
12. Summer Days
"ENCORE"
13. Like a Rolling Stone
14. All Along the Watchtower
14th August 2006 05:18 AM
Gazza Eric Clapton joined the opening act Jimme Vaughan onstage for a few songs, according to Meg. Surprised to hear he didnt come back to play with Bob.
14th August 2006 05:45 AM
Gazza Rainy day listen

Bob's album won't easily give up its secrets: nor will I

Paul Morley
Sunday August 13, 2006
Observer Music Monthly

I signed a contract, something to do with giving away all my hard-earned privileges and forfeiting my ears if I breathed a word to anyone about what I heard, and this gave me the permission required at this point in history to listen in a darkened room to the new Bob Dylan album.
According to the contract I signed, I'm allowed to tell you that Dylan is a legendary rocker, the album's called Modern Times, it has 10 tracks, it's his first new release for five years and it unofficially completes the trilogy begun with Time Out of Mind and Love and Theft. His previous album was released on 11 September 2001, so I figured it's no wonder they want me to sign a contract before I heard his new one. If Dylan doesn't make as much instant history as he once did, if he seems in some kind of moody exile from everything else that's happening in rock, he remains the one true master at turning up out of the blue when the time is right, or wrong, and there's a sudden change in the weather only he saw coming.

According to the terms of the contract I signed, I'm not allowed to tell you anything that might give the game away, but I guess I can speculate a little without ruining any secrets. Everything about the album, including the title and the cover, is thieved from some source or another, even if that source is himself. I imagine the songs are all about love and death, or the mystery of time, or the fear of loss of reputation, or the final empty monotony of the human experience. They're probably played on instruments you've heard more than a million times before. He'll be apparently shuffling the same old pack of cards, telling the same crooked story again and again, singing 'baby' a lot, twanging and twitching. The calmly accrued details, the dialogue trails, the ominous warnings, the sly attempts to win some affection, to shed his confusions, to stake his claims, the abrupt way he likes to wander off the edge of a song - at first there will seem nothing new about anything to do with Modern Times

Apart from the already leaked mention of Alicia Keys, there'll be little he mentions that couldn't have happened a hundred years ago. Then it will hit you from high above, as Dylan, knowing what he's up to if not where he is, advances menacingly, from the top of a mountain of memory, and quickly withdraws, round the back of his scrolling imagination, singing like he's about to die, or about to be born. All this cliche and familiarity will rearrange itself into something diabolically unique. The whole damned thing will be disguised as quaint old yesterday but really be about today, if not tomorrow. Christ, it's almost like I've already heard it, like it actually exists.

I imagine that when the album comes out, he'll finally slip some of the new tracks into the set of his Never Ending Tour, alongside the ever-changing 15 or so great songs from the great albums that he usually plays. I imagine that the end track, 'Ain't Talkin", will certainly fit in quite nicely among the classic songs he blows into his audiences' face like toxic smoke. Already people are talking of it as the greatest final track of all of his albums, which would place it above 'Desolation Row'. Just in case this really is his last complete album of songs, he's no doubt made sure he leaves us with a roguish, indecipherable drama, as if he's been a ghost all along, a fragmenting figment, more than a prophet, rock star or troubadour. I'm sure that at the end of the song, he'll be walking out of sight, taking everything he's ever done with him, rubbing away his tracks, cleaning up the fingerprints, wiping clean our memories, and the last line will be about 'the world's end'.

I'll tell you all about it when I'm allowed to tell you that I've heard it.

· 'Modern Times' (SonyBMG) is released on 28 August

14th August 2006 05:59 AM
PartyDoll MEG What a Great Show!! Although, too short for me-lol!! Bob was in good mood and actually looked out at audience once or twice smiling. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, Masters of War, and Memphis Blues were highlights for me. Don't miss any of the 3 Opening acts-very entertaining and fun. When Mr. Vaughn brought out his "special guest" for 3 songs, no introductions were necessary. What a great rockin' blues jam!!! Columbus was very lucky that Mr. and Mrs. Clapton were in town visiting relatives!!!
14th August 2006 06:52 AM
Gazza Dylan one Sunday in your home town and the Stones the following Sunday in THEIR home town. Not a bad double header
14th August 2006 07:01 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Dylan one Sunday in your home town and the Stones the following Sunday in THEIR home town. Not a bad double header

Can't ask for much more!!
14th August 2006 07:06 AM
lotsajizz his setlist has dropped a couple of songs on average over the last three or four years....sigh, like the Stones
14th August 2006 07:21 AM
Gazza they were longer in Europe last autumn, however

the 'double header' tours have tended to see shorter setlists. Maybe the tour that starts in October in support of the new album will have longer shows.

14th August 2006 11:05 AM
charlotte
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
What a Great Show!! Although, too short for me-lol!! Bob was in good mood and actually looked out at audience once or twice smiling. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, Masters of War, and Memphis Blues were highlights for me. Don't miss any of the 3 Opening acts-very entertaining and fun. When Mr. Vaughn brought out his "special guest" for 3 songs, no introductions were necessary. What a great rockin' blues jam!!! Columbus was very lucky that Mr. and Mrs. Clapton were in town visiting relatives!!!

Glad to see you enjoyed the show!!! finally got a chance to see Bob!!cool special guest! I am looking forward to the Clapton show in Charlotte in October(the European boots were really good)

Have a great time in Londontown this weekend!!!!
Gazza, are you going to show her the sights and sounds of the UK???
14th August 2006 11:08 AM
Gazza If she asks nicely, I might......

although the only 'sounds' she will need will be at Twickenham

[Edited by Gazza]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)