ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help, Elvis fans! Sign Online Petition! (NSC) Return to archive
13th August 2006 06:18 PM
MidnightRambler
http://www.petitiononline.com/ontour/petition.html

Hello all!

I'm a huge Elvis fan along with prolly a lot of people here on the board. So I need your help!

This online petition is to help fans get a complete and comprehensive DVD collection of the 1972 concert film "Elvis On Tour." The Golden Globe Winning Documentary is prolly the first real rock documentary about life on the road

The film is Elvis, IMHO, at his best. The energy is uncomparable to any of his other concerts on film (except "That's The Way It Is Special Edition" that was released in 2001.)

The producers of the film have reels upon reels of footage from this production...and it's time we get a HUGE DVD release of this film.

The link is on the top of this message!
13th August 2006 06:24 PM
Gazza I love this film. Actually, I think its considerably superior to 'Thats the Way It Is' in every way.

Won a Golden Globe too, if I'm not mistaken. I'd certainly buy a multi disc re-release of it!
13th August 2006 06:33 PM
MidnightRambler Me too, Gazza, i prefer this over TTWII...Elvis is in top form and the TCB Band is on fire throughout the entire film! (well..when aren't they?)
13th August 2006 07:04 PM
lotsajizz Elvis was puffier and less energetic in the later film than in 'That's The Way it Is'...his drug habit had worsened, and the movie reflects it....high energy, but Elvis is not 100% as he was two years earlier...
13th August 2006 07:23 PM
glencar
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:

This online petition is to help fans get a complete and comprehensive DVD collection of the 1972 concert film "Elvis On Tour." The Golden Globe Winning Documentary is prolly the first real rock documentary about life on the road

What about "Don't Look Back"?
13th August 2006 10:53 PM
Kilroy Alot of things and people failed Elvis, is voice never did. It was his real God given Gift.
14th August 2006 02:05 AM
MidnightRambler "Alot of things and people failed Elvis, his voice never did. It was his real God given Gift."

So true even in his last days...he still had that strong voice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dNaYI15VbG8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_YtVw3mpBlg
14th August 2006 02:09 AM
MrPleasant Didn't Elvis P. say that he prefered to kiss a black woman instead of a mexican woman?

Yeah; I hate highbrows.
14th August 2006 08:00 AM
corgi37 Never, ever like Elvis or anything he did. Like the Beatles, i do not own any of his stuff. I even threw out my wifes cd of his. Cant stand him.
14th August 2006 08:09 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Never, ever like Elvis or anything he did. ...

like rock n'roll?

14th August 2006 12:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Never, ever like Elvis or anything he did. Like the Beatles, i do not own any of his stuff. I even threw out my wifes cd of his. Cant stand him.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)