ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Velvet Revolver: New Album Is Gonna Rock Return to archive
12th August 2006 02:13 PM
RollingstonesUSA VELVET REVOLVER drummer Matt Sorum (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) has posted the following message on his official blog:

"Just wanted to say sorry for not being on the Sorum forum in awhile.

"Went out on the road for a few shows [with VELVET REVOLVER].

"We have been working on writing the [new VELVET REVOLVER] album most of the summer and needed to get out. It was fun, short but enough to inspire us to get the live feel again.

"We had been working in my studio but are now in a live rehearsal space. Coming up with some great jams.

"I am sorry we didn't play any new material on the five dates that we did play.

"The band wants the new stuff to be the best it can be before we let it out.

"Anyway, plan on writing all of September and part of October, then in the studio. That is the plan, so if it takes a little longer, trust me, it will be worth the wait.

"This album is going to rock."

Sorum recently told ABC Radio's ePrep that the band is on track to have its sophomore album, tentatively titled "Libertad", in stores in the spring. No producer has been chosen at this point, but the group has been speaking with Rick Rubin (AUDIOSLAVE, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, SLAYER, SLIPKNOT), hoping to get him to come on board for the project.
12th August 2006 09:09 PM
Taptrick
I remember the days when bands tested or formed the new material to audiences before release. Jimi was especially good at this.

12th August 2006 09:37 PM
gotdablouse He makes it sound like they're going to the factory, writing these new songs. Honestly, their first album was so bad in that respect, zero idea of interest, I wonder why they're even bothering. No chance Rick Rubin will join these loosers who couldn't write a memorable song to save their lives, maybe they should hire Izzy or Axl to write them something people will remember.
12th August 2006 10:26 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
He makes it sound like they're going to the factory, writing these new songs. Honestly, their first album was so bad in that respect, zero idea of interest, I wonder why they're even bothering.

They're probably bothering because they did quite well commerically with the first one, no matter how much it sucked (and it sucked a lot).
13th August 2006 02:36 PM
mrhipfl

Artist: Velvet Revolver Lyrics
Song: Sucker Train Blues Lyrics

Hands are shakin got your finger on the trigger
Jesus ain't complainin gonna figure it out
Somebody raped my tapeworm abortion
Come on motherfuckers and deliver the cow

Brain and body melting while there's roaches multiplying
It's the alien infection it's the coming of Christ
All these sentimental halos and these consequential angels
When I'm runnin with the devil don't deliver the fight

Don't look at me now
Fell too fast your wings won't hold
Don't look at me now
Fell too fast your wings won't hold

Yeah and when I want to
Yeah I will find you
Yeah and when I want to
Yeah I will blind you

Brains are frying while the kings and queens are dying
Satan won the race and the miracle mile
Somebody raped my tapeworm abortion
Come on mothertuckers and deliver the cow
It's all over me now
Let me go, let me go, let me go
What's come over me now
It's all over me now
What's come over me now

Johnny sat down beside the old oak tree
Cut off his hand what did he see
All of the animals are dead
The rats have crawled through his house and out through their head
One of them ate a hole in the sky
To believe this would be a fate worse than dying

huh??
13th August 2006 02:39 PM
pdog Contemporary Rock Crap!
I wanted and hoped I would like this band, I thought it sucked!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)