ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Mike Douglas Return to archive
12th August 2006 03:14 AM
Brainbell Jangler Many remember the week that John and Yoko co-hosted the Mike Douglas Show. But the Stones were on the show many years earlier, back around the time they did Hollywood Palace and months before Sullivan.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060811/ap_on_en_tv/obit_douglas
12th August 2006 04:17 AM
RollingstonesUSA I will never forget when he interviewed Gene Simmons....
12th August 2006 04:56 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Many remember the week that John and Yoko co-hosted the Mike Douglas Show. But the Stones were on the show many years earlier, back around the time they did Hollywood Palace and months before Sullivan.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060811/ap_on_en_tv/obit_douglas

RIP Mike. He was cool.

Did you ever figure out html?
12th August 2006 08:00 AM
Nellcote Died on his birthday, could you get timing any better?
12th August 2006 12:07 PM
GotToRollMe Mike Douglas was the coolest! I remember parking myself in front of the TV every weekday at 4:30 and seeing some of the best interviews and musical guests. Mike had everyone on: Patti Smith, Frank Zappa, John Lennon, Richard Pryor, Sly Stone, Muhammed Ali...the list goes on and on.

RIP, Mike, you were one of the good ones.
12th August 2006 12:37 PM
Gimme Shelter RIP Mike
12th August 2006 01:59 PM
wasted RIP
12th August 2006 02:03 PM
telecaster Who can forget when John & Yoko called people out of the phone book to tell them they loved them on the Mike Douglas show

Even at 11 yrs old watching that I cringed in pain
12th August 2006 02:25 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Who can forget when John & Yoko called people out of the phone book to tell them they loved them on the Mike Douglas show

Even at 11 yrs old watching that I cringed in pain

I like calling people and fucking with them...
12th August 2006 02:39 PM
nankerphelge I was more of a Merv Griffen fan, but hey, Mike did have some interesting guests.

He couldn't sing very well though.
12th August 2006 02:41 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I was more of a Merv Griffen fan, but hey, Mike did have some interesting guests.

He couldn't sing very well though.

Nanky ..........................

Merv could not hold a candle to Johnny Carson ( Nebraska Native )

Kins !
12th August 2006 04:12 PM
nankerphelge Merv was great.
He had neat liner on all his jackets.
He played a nice piano and sang pretty well.
He has more money than everybody, but hides it well.
And he has had Zsa Zsa or Eva or Magda -- one of the Gabors on his arm for ever.
I like Merv

12th August 2006 04:27 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Merv was great.
And he has had Zsa Zsa or Eva or Magda -- one of the Gabors on his arm for ever.
I like Merv

Nanky ?!

13th August 2006 01:59 AM
3DTeafoe The first time I ever heard of, or saw the Rolling Stones, was when I saw them perform on the Mike Douglas show in '64. They did Not Fade Away and some other song. I was totally blown away - for an eight year old.
13th August 2006 02:43 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Merv was great.
I like Merv

Whatever Merv had, he never had the Rolling Stones. The Mike Douglas Show was the only show of its kind they ever appeared on.
13th August 2006 07:37 PM
mojoman another loss from the greatest generation. a classy act. rip mr douglas
14th August 2006 02:02 PM
texile he was a part of my childhood....
in the days before celebrity overexposure, it was cool to see these people on tv.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)