ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Good News: It looks like the Stones will keep rolling post 2006 Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th August 2006 12:41 PM
aladdinstory i do think it will be interesting to see if recent events re-ignites keith's creative fires. i fairness to kr, i just think the fact that mick and he do songs so differently causes alot of the discrepancy in material. mick would appear to have no patience for the "start with a fragment then jam for hours and find a groove way that's been keith's recording m.o.," jagger's songs are usually more structured and easier to get done quickly. plus frankly it seems keith is more crooner than rocker these days anyways. and there is nothing wrong with that, but it could also demonstrate why jagger seems to be the more dominant glimmer these days. of course in hindsight it seems that even SG was an extremely jagger driven (BOB, BTMMR notwithstanding) project as well, notably apparent with all the guitar playing he does on it. in fact ABB features the most jagger six string action on a Stones CD since SG.
13th August 2006 01:09 PM
Soldatti They need a whole new concept for touring again.
13th August 2006 01:35 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I'm sure a lot of you got to read the article by Paul Sexton from the Times Online.

There ere are some really positive statements in there from Mick,Keith and even Charlie.

Mick- At one point hints that the dates in Europe that they have "not YET been able to reschedule" will be rescheduled for some time in 2007.

Charlie- Kind of implies that he is not going to retire contrary to reports that came out earlier this year. When Keith asks him what he is going to do when he retires? Charlie replies "I'm speechless, because all I actually do is play the bloody drums"

Keith- When asked if a new Rolling Stones cd was possible. Keith respondes with a very positive "absolutely"

So great news all around. Potential new dates in Europe next year. Charlie is not going to quit. Plus a new "back to the basics cd"

You can't really ask for more from the Stones at this point.

I also remember Ronnie SAYING, 5 years ago, that they were stripping things down so that they'd be able to release a studio album every 18 months or so.

Sadly, I no longer believe what these guys say.
13th August 2006 01:36 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I can't see the Stones continuing in the same fashion they have since 1989.

I think if the Stones do record anew cd and tour it will be very different than what we have seen over the last 17 years.

I'd think we'd see a stripped down blues/mature cd. And concert dates in small (small by Stones standards) venues.

I would also think this new direction would be the best thing for the band at this point.

I think most of the people on this board would agree this would be a step in the right direction at this point. Myself included. I need not hear Start Me Up in a stadium ever again.
13th August 2006 04:22 PM
maumau i'd love if the stones were done as a stadium act!
of course I'd love also if they do take that direction Dart say
but that, i guess, will imply a dramatic double move: leave Cohl AND Was
and I can't see it coming
as conservative as they are now
what I am confident the more in is that I can't see them quit playing as happy to be on stage as i saw them last month
13th August 2006 08:56 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I also remember Ronnie SAYING, 5 years ago, that they were stripping things down so that they'd be able to release a studio album every 18 months or so.

Sadly, I no longer believe what these guys say.

Actually I think the first time he said it was in late '96 or early '97 after having dinner with Mick in NYC, when he was briefed on the upcoming B2B...it was something like, "we don't have that many years left so we're planning on releasing something every 18 months", since he has zero control on that, it has to be something Mick told him. At that point Mick was upset with the poor results of VL especially since he had to let Keith and Don "useless" Was make mostly boring so I think he was hoping to put that behind him and if that didn't work with B2B he'd make another album...
13th August 2006 10:16 PM
Lethargy
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Actually I think the first time he said it was in late '96 or early '97 after having dinner with Mick in NYC, when he was briefed on the upcoming B2B...it was something like, "we don't have that many years left so we're planning on releasing something every 18 months", since he has zero control on that, it has to be something Mick told him. At that point Mick was upset with the poor results of VL especially since he had to let Keith and Don "useless" Was make mostly boring so I think he was hoping to put that behind him and if that didn't work with B2B he'd make another album...

Well in that context, that makes a little more sense. Maybe Ronnie actually believed it, and it was Mick that was full of crap. The same Mick that said, in the summer of 1984, "We'll be touring in the summer of 1984". Thanks for correcting me on the Ronnie quote, though. I think you're right about the timing now that I think of it.
13th August 2006 10:20 PM
Soldatti Ronnie in September 2002: "We can make a whole new album from the Paris sessions in a month, I think that the new album will be out the next year". He failed his prediction for 2 years.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)