ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan's songs ghost written Return to archive
August 13th, 2005 08:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels DYLAN'S SONGS GHOST WRITTEN

Legendary songwriter BOB DYLAN fears his songs are nothing more than the musing of celestial beings.

The KNOCKIN ON HEAVEN'S DOOR rocker is convinced he has been possessed by ghosts during key writing periods, but he has never been scared and insists it is important not to fight supernatural occurrences.

He says, "It's like a ghost is writing a song like that. It gives you the song and it goes away. You don't know what it means.

"Except the ghost picked me to write the song."

13/08/2005 09:46
contactmusic

August 13th, 2005 10:30 AM
Martha I have had the same sort of experience, not in terms of being able to write a song, (LOL) but I have been directed by unseen something or other and that direction has taken me to miraculous places. When it comes and when it goes I have no control or say but it happens to me somewhat regularly.

I knew I really dig and on some level can relate to this guy. He comes to see me in my dreams everytime I have a terrible crisis (emotionally upsetting I mean). He came to visit me just this week again (I had a week from HELL again the landlord was threatening to evict us and I don't know when we are moving or how).

Bob always soothes me. I've been listening to the SACD of Oh Mercy non-stop.

Thanks for posting the bit on Bob TTM. You're always on it!

peace out,
Martha

"I'll let you be in my dream, if I can be in your's, I said that"
August 13th, 2005 10:52 AM
scratched I have the same experience. When posting on this board I feel as if I'm possessed - arms flailing, speaking in tongues etc.
August 13th, 2005 11:06 AM
Martha
quote:
scratched wrote:
I have the same experience. When posting on this board I feel as if I'm possessed - arms flailing, speaking in tongues etc.

I don't think you are alone, in fact you fit right in here. LOL
August 13th, 2005 11:09 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
(I had a week from HELL again the landlord was threatening to evict us and I don't know when we are moving or how).

Crank some Stones, Martha. That'll make him and you feel better!
August 13th, 2005 11:10 AM
scratched
quote:
Martha wrote:
I don't think you are alone, in fact you fit right in here. LOL

I was thinking the same!

August 13th, 2005 11:15 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Crank some Stones, Martha. That'll make him and you feel better!

Darlin'! You are so right....I've only been listening to Bob's Oh Mercy (SACD) The Dead's Skeletons in the Closet, Masked and Anonymous, Freewheelin', and Blonde on Blonde.

It's time to hear my Stones......I think I'll start my day with Beggars. I feel like a beggar of late.

Love you Lazy.....and all the rest of my Stonesian kinfolk.

peace,
Martha
August 13th, 2005 11:16 AM
Back Street Girl DRUGS
August 13th, 2005 11:20 AM
Martha
quote:
Back Street Girl wrote:
DRUGS

Huh?
August 13th, 2005 12:35 PM
GimmeExile Keith has a great quote about songwriting:

"You receive, you transmit; you don't create."
August 13th, 2005 01:03 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
It's time to hear my Stones......I think I'll start my day with Beggars. I feel like a beggar of late.

Love you Lazy.....and all the rest of my Stonesian kinfolk.

A fine boost, indeed. That's what we kinfolk are for!
August 13th, 2005 03:32 PM
FPM C10
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Keith has a great quote about songwriting:

"You receive, you transmit; you don't create."

"INCOMING!!!!!"

Mick, of course, says just the opposite.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)