ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Laugh, I Nearly Died" WOOOT !!!!! Return to archive
August 13th, 2005 06:28 AM
Daethgod i just gotta say that "Laugh, I Nearly Died" is my fave song of the year (for this week).... :P

what a groove, after hearing the 2 voodoo mixes and the amazon win media version - Im hooked !!!!!

bring it on stones boys

August 13th, 2005 07:33 AM
jb Great !!!
August 13th, 2005 07:42 AM
maumau
quote:
jb wrote:
Great !!!

yes indeed
voodoo's excerpts are far more telling than amazon's

this is top class r'n'b

what the hell mick was thinking when he picked SOL for first single????

if it had to be a ballad....

then my top single rocker hit is SSMC > wild
it sounds like a new band
August 13th, 2005 08:27 AM
corgi37 I'm biased (aint we all! hahaha) but i fail to see an outright dud on the whole album, from what i have heard.

Though Streets of fucking love comes very bloody close.
August 13th, 2005 09:07 AM
gotdablouse Driving Too Fast is pretty close to a dud IMHO, like Mean Disposition or Too Tight
August 13th, 2005 09:22 AM
Dutch Michael D. all tracks are great!!! the best stones album since some girls...

but what do you mean by the Voodoo mixes of LIND ???
August 13th, 2005 09:26 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
all tracks are great!!! the best stones album since some girls...

but what do you mean by the Voodoo mixes of LIND ???

let's not forget tattoo you
August 13th, 2005 09:30 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
all tracks are great!!! the best stones album since some girls...

How do you know? Have you heard the album yet?????????
August 13th, 2005 09:45 AM
maumau
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

How do you know? Have you heard the album yet?????????

i agree

sure we have some clues to make a reasonable wish of what the album is gonna be but to rate it now, i think it is way to early

all i can say by these soundibits is that i have the impression that this is more consistent than the latest
ones. sounds like these tracks convey a coherent mood. that is an album more than a compile of songs.

then there are glimpse of hopefully great tunes

i have doubts on DB and DTF (sound a little bit like easy rockers for stones > fillers?)
and RFD and SNC, these funks i can't get into immediately (who knows)
BM could be a too easy countrish ballad in mick's style

the rest is giving me more and more anticipation and i can't help listening to again ana again

August 13th, 2005 10:31 AM
JaggerLips Aren't Mick's vocals on this like silk? Just simply divine!!

SUCH A CLASSIC TRACK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

Love the chorus !!!!!!!!
August 13th, 2005 10:55 AM
T&A Mick's vocals suck on it actually. Reminds me of OOC - which is a good song almost ruined by MJ's inane vocal delivery. The music sounds fine, though, as it does on most of these samples. MJ is hit and miss these days - I detect about 3-4 songs on the album that suffer due to his overly-dramatic, overly-enunciated vocal delivery.
August 13th, 2005 10:59 AM
lucasd4 You've made your point over and over and over----again...now give it a rest and let the rest of us enjoy this great song...btw, it's not Jagger's vocals that bring down Out of Control...it's the weak guitar sound..that's what brings down nearly every song on B2B

quote:
T&A wrote:
Mick's vocals suck on it actually. Reminds me of OOC - which is a good song almost ruined by MJ's inane vocal delivery. The music sounds fine, though, as it does on most of these samples. MJ is hit and miss these days - I detect about 3-4 songs on the album that suffer due to his overly-dramatic, overly-enunciated vocal delivery.

[Edited by lucasd4]
August 13th, 2005 11:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Love the chorus !!!!!!!!

The songs ends a capella, all singing and the instruments fading LOVE THIS one

That's why I gave you two samples of more than 30 seconds babies it turned my skin trying to figure it out live

I think is Bernard, Lisa, Mick, Keith, Woody and Blondie the a capella chorus at the end

August 13th, 2005 11:09 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

The songs ends a capella, all singing and the instruments fading LOVE THIS one

That's why I gave you two samples of more than 30 seconds babies it turned my skin trying to figure it out live

I think is Bernard, Lisa, Mick, Keith, Woody and Blondie the a capella chorus at the end

I'VE LISTENED TO THE WHOLE GOD DAMNED OFFICINADA!

August 13th, 2005 11:11 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ???
August 13th, 2005 11:15 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
???

Iv'e listened to the whole song!

August 13th, 2005 01:18 PM
T&A
quote:
lucasd4 wrote:
You've made your point over and over and over----again...now give it a rest and let the rest of us enjoy this great song...btw, it's not Jagger's vocals that bring down Out of Control...it's the weak guitar sound..that's what brings down nearly every song on B2B

[Edited by lucasd4]

First time I've even commented on the song, dude. Why would any comment of mine cause anyone not to enjoy a song? Sounds like you lack confidence in your own ability to listen and enjoy, frankly. Geez. And, I disagree with you on OOC - many others have voiced the same argument in the past. The guitars, if anything, salvage the song....
August 13th, 2005 01:20 PM
Monkey Woman An a capella ending? Yummm! Oh, now I'm dying to hear that one live...
August 13th, 2005 01:22 PM
Monkey Woman BTW, about OOC, it's funny how tastes can differ, because I really like the vocals on that song. Mick sounds weird, out of it, and it fits so well with the lyrics...
August 13th, 2005 02:50 PM
Poplar
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Mick sounds weird, out of it, and it fits so well with the lyrics...

"where the deep waters flow"
August 13th, 2005 04:15 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
Great !!!

Tour/ Album is a smash!
August 13th, 2005 05:10 PM
lucasd4 DUDE!!!??? How old are you??? It might be the first time you've commented on THIS board, but definitely not your first comments about Jagger's singing on LIND--and it won't be your last, you'll make sure of that...You can't be a real Stones aficianado and feel that way about the guitars in Out of Control...that entire album has the weakest guitar sound of any Stones album ever...the only song with any guitar bite is Too Tight.

quote:
T&A wrote:

First time I've even commented on the song, dude. Why would any comment of mine cause anyone not to enjoy a song? Sounds like you lack confidence in your own ability to listen and enjoy, frankly. Geez. And, I disagree with you on OOC - many others have voiced the same argument in the past. The guitars, if anything, salvage the song....

[Edited by lucasd4]
August 13th, 2005 05:18 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Tour/ Album is a smash!

Whatever happened to the tour's, the album's a bust people????

Oh, they're here; they're just waiting for the right time to reappear to spread their fantasies.
August 13th, 2005 05:19 PM
maumau
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

Iv'e listened to the whole song!

WHEEEERE, WHEEEEN, HOOOW????
August 13th, 2005 07:47 PM
T&A lucas - don't know what you are smoking - but it's the first comment i've made about the song. how old am I? Old enuff to know not to get caught up in some stupid debate with the likes of you. OOC features some of the meanest, coolest guitars of latter-day Stones. Says me.

I'll match my "afficianado-ness" of the Stones with you or anyone anyday - what an idiotic remark.
[Edited by T&A]
August 13th, 2005 08:44 PM
texile lol..........
August 13th, 2005 09:23 PM
kath apparently, this person never saw OOC live........

'nuf said!
August 13th, 2005 09:36 PM
Daethgod "Ive been down to Arabia, seen a million stars

been sipping champagne ......"

man the guitar and vibe of this is soooooo freaken cool

LIND is da BOMB

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)