ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones/Sweet Neocon on Fox News Bill O'Reily show Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 11th, 2005 09:31 PM
Poison Dart The Stones and their new tune Sweet Neocon were a main topic of discussion on Bill O'Reily's show tonight.

One guest suggested that the NFL should not allow the Stones to perform opening night and strip them of their agreement to play Stones songs all year on Monday Night Football due to their anti Bush song.

Another guest from Time Magazine or Rolling Stone (I can't remember which one) was defending the Stones.

The conservative guest said that if the Stones are anti Bush policy they should not be allowed to be involved with the NFL because the NFL is a great American institution.

Granted, I don't think Monday Night Football is the time or the place for a rock band to air their political thoughts. BUT I'm sure the Stones would not be playing Sweet Neocon on Monday Night Football anyway.

The guest (whose name slips my mind) went as far as to say that the Stones should be banned by the NFL because they are anti American (By the way I'm not anti Bush) or some bullshit like that.

This guy was out of his mind. Just because the Stones have an album track that is anti American policy in Iraq does not mean they are anti American. Aren't they allowed to have a dissenting opinion? If that were the case 50% of US citizens are anti American.

Perhaps the guest would like to have all liberals removed from all MLB and NFL games as well since in his mind they are not real Americans?

Oh well, you know the old saying. Any publicity is good publicity.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
August 11th, 2005 09:40 PM
Riffhard That was on the John Gibson show not O'Reilly. The idiot who mentioned banning the Stones was Brian Kilmede. He is one of the morning show hosts on Fox. It's gotten to the point of absurdity. Hell,I'm a conservative Republican and I'm digusted by the way Fox is handeling this whole "non-story". Crazy as fuck if you ask me. Hey,the up side is it will get the boys some free publicity.

Riffhard
August 11th, 2005 09:43 PM
Poison Dart Gibson was in for O'Reily tonight. It was the Factor.
August 11th, 2005 09:46 PM
glencar It'll be on again at 11PM EST for those who missed it. John Gibson is horrible. Like the great Riffhard, I too am ashamed at how FOX is playing this story up. Don't they ahve that missing blonde chick in Aruba to hype up? Her stepdad's name is Jug Twitty.
August 11th, 2005 09:51 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The idiot who mentioned banning the Stones was Brian Kilmede.

WTF?

So much for "freedom", "free speech", "the land of the free" and all those other nation-binding phrases. I can't believe he'd have the gall. Is this grounds to activate national security? Fingerprint File '05!

I'm gonna puke...
August 11th, 2005 09:52 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Gibson was in for O'Reily tonight. It was the Factor.

O-Tay! Sorry 'bout that,but it was not O'Reily that did this whole non-story again. For some reason this Gibson guy has a hard on against the Stones. Very puzzling to this neo-con,white Christian male,gun toting,bigoted,nazi,dittohead,Republican, Stones fan.

Riffhard
August 11th, 2005 09:58 PM
The_Worst
quote:
glencar wrote:
It'll be on again at 11PM EST for those who missed it. John Gibson is horrible. Like the great Riffhard, I too am ashamed at how FOX is playing this story up. Don't they ahve that missing blonde chick in Aruba to hype up? Her stepdad's name is Jug Twitty.

Even though I am a proud Republican & someone who always watches Fox News, I wish they would drop this...I think Sweet Neocon is VERY DIFFERENT from Green Day which they were trying to compare the Stones song to. Green Day's American Idiot was a Bush bashing album plain & simple...everything from the cover to the songs to the tour & interviews was all about bashing Bush...

In the Stones case, although I wish Sweet Neocon wasn't on the new album, it's just one song...and once again, Mick said yesterday it's about certain policies but not about Bush in particuliar...I've always suspected this from a song called "Sweet" Neocon.

I just wish they would let this go a little bit...
glencar You're mathjis's worst nightmare in the flesh!
Poison Dart Yeah, I agree. The funny thing is Gibson wrote this week that he has gone out to dinner with Jagger (I don't know when)and implied that he liked him.
August 11th, 2005 09:59 PM
glencar
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Even though I am a proud Republican & someone who always watches Fox News, I wish they would drop this...I think Sweet Neocon is VERY DIFFERENT from Green Day which they were trying to compare the Stones song to. Green Day's American Idiot was a Bush bashing album plain & simple...everything from the cover to the songs to the tour & interviews was all about bashing Bush...

In the Stones case, although I wish Sweet Neocon wasn't on the new album, it's just one song...and once again, Mick said yesterday it's about certain policies but not about Bush in particuliar...I've always suspected this from a song called "Sweet" Neocon.

I just wish they would let this go a little bit...

I agree 100%. This is a non-story. I bet USFan is glued to FOX 24/7!
August 11th, 2005 10:13 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
glencar wrote:
I bet USFan is glued to FOX 24/7!

Lol...
August 11th, 2005 10:16 PM
Poplar
between John Gibson and USFan, "our" side is taking a beating this week.
Fellow conservatives, fear not. It can get no worse.

"I'm ashamed to be a conservative today."
August 11th, 2005 10:20 PM
Riffhard Psst,....hey Blue,....Greta's on Fox right now. Something about some girl lost in Aruba or some shit. I haven't heard about the whole story. I'll watch it and bring you up to speed. The girl's father is named Jug though. I'll investigate further. This is the first I've heard about this poor girl,but appartently she's been missing for over a week already! What? Oh.....yeah...it's Aruba! Apparently it's an island. Details to follow.....

Riffhard
August 11th, 2005 10:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Poplar wrote:

between John Gibson and USFan, "our" side is taking a beating this week.
Fellow conservatives, fear not. It can get no worse.

"I'm ashamed to be a conservative today."

Oh I wouldn't worry about it too much,... as they say there's always one in every crowd.
August 11th, 2005 10:23 PM
lotsajizz Fox should stick to the Simpsons and to sports....its 'news' department makes the Daily Post look good
August 11th, 2005 10:25 PM
Poplar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Oh I wouldn't worry about it too much,... as they say there's always one in every crowd.

in times like these, i'm ready to see the death of the two party system, and this bullshit dual ideology in america. it breeds people like USFan.
August 11th, 2005 10:33 PM
glencar Poplar, I think that guy was just overworked. No big deal. Both sides have them.
August 11th, 2005 10:41 PM
Bloozehound ya think usafan would like the Stones playing on monday night football ?
August 11th, 2005 10:45 PM
Poplar
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
ya think usafan would like the Stones playing on monday night football ?

geez- i expect nothing at this point.
we righties may need to call a summit in respone to all this.

for a conservative Stones fan, it truly is the best of times, & the worst of times.
August 11th, 2005 10:48 PM
FPM C10 I can't see how this is any different than any other Fox news story. You guys can see it NOW because it's the Stones they're bashing. Maybe this will help you see the other POV - that's what Fox looks like to the rest of us every minute of the day.

August 11th, 2005 10:55 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Poplar wrote:

in times like these, i'm ready to see the death of the two party system, and this bullshit dual ideology in america. it breeds people like USFan.

I'm confused by that statement. You mean you want MY side to take over? Or you're going to kill all of us? Or what? USFan is on YOUR side.

I take that back. No way is that guy for real. Don't feel TOO bad - I'm not holding that troll against you guys.
August 11th, 2005 10:55 PM
Maxlugar Working on a major financial trade floor, I have at least 20 TV's sets all around me and the ability to tap into the audio of each show. I'm in a unique position to comment on this. I watch TV all friggin' day. Fox News covered this story more than most but not by that much. MSNBC and CNN did their share. All the local channels are covering this. Fox News had BOTH SIDES of the story well represented each time. Dayside with Juliet Huddy had a guy from Rolling Stone defending them with every question asked. He was the only guest. The Fox morning show read emails from BOTH sides.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. This is what Mick was going for right?

August 11th, 2005 10:56 PM
Poplar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
...You guys can see it NOW ... Maybe this will help you see the other POV ... the rest of us every minute of the day.

could have written that one for you. sadly predictable, and disrepectful.
August 11th, 2005 10:58 PM
Riffhard While that maybe true for you Flea. However,the same can also be seen from my side with regards to the NYT,PBS,CBS,CNN,....from the liberal perspective.

I must say that the Fox overage of the whole SNC non-story is truly ridiculous to many people though. I tend to think it's really more Gibson and that Kilmede guy though rather than the whole Fox News team. Those two are really the only ones talking about it in a completely negative sense anyway. I saw the story covered by CNN as well though.

Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
August 11th, 2005 11:00 PM
Poplar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
While that maybe true for you Flea. However,the same can also be seen from my side with regards to the NYT,PBS,CBS,CNN,....from the liberal perspective.
Riffhard

yup
August 11th, 2005 11:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I watch TV all friggin' day.

OUCH! I couldn't take that.

August 11th, 2005 11:07 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Poplar wrote:

could have written that one for you. sadly predictable, and disrepectful.

What was disrespectful about it? I was talking about looking at thing from both sides. You know, like that Judy Collins song.

Are you the one that said he was a Libertarian? You're funny.

Maybe USFan WAS one of yours after all!

Hey, I stayed above the fray these past few days. You ain't dragging me down into the muck NOW. The STONES are back.

August 11th, 2005 11:09 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

OUCH! I couldn't take that.

ME EITHER! That would SUCK. I hate TV.
August 11th, 2005 11:33 PM
BlindLemon Off topic, sorry

- CNN liberal? Chuckle. Chuckle. Burst of laughter. "Here we have our reporter gloriously riding a tank deep into Iraqi territory".
My days in the US are long gone, and I would not make a statement on CNN, but can I ask u if CNN is really considered liberal that side of the pond? In Europe, when the war broke out, CNN was considered a Bush-mouthpiece trying to look like it is not. Just curious.
Thnx
August 11th, 2005 11:44 PM
lotsajizz see? the far right has gone sooo far off the deep end they are unrecognizable themselves and fail to recognize ANYTHING else than their narrow viewpoint...they think it can be U.S. versus the World and the U.S. will win.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)