ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on Op-Ed page (good stuff) Return to archive
August 11th, 2005 04:34 PM
Brainbell Jangler Maureen Dowd's column today starts like this: "We can't get no satisfaction on Iraq." She recites some of the bad news for Bush, including "A new CNN-USA Today poll shows that a majority of Americans now think that going to war was a mistake and that the war has made the United States more vulnerable to terrorism." She then mentions our boys: "And the Rolling Stones have taken a rare break from sex odes to record an antiwar song called 'Sweet Neo Con,' chiding Condi Rice and Bush. 'You call yourself a Christian; I call you a hypocrite,' Mick Jagger sings."

Say what you will about the politics of the song, it appears that those who criticized it as a bad business move were completely off the mark. To use Dubya's expression, they "misunderestimated" Mick's marketing savvy. No Stones fan should have made that mistake with ol' LSE Jagger.
August 11th, 2005 04:45 PM
sirmoonie This is the guy who has inspired God knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue."
August 11th, 2005 04:50 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Maureen Dowd's column today starts like this: "We can't get no satisfaction on Iraq." She recites some of the bad news for Bush, including "A new CNN-USA Today poll shows that a majority of Americans now think that going to war was a mistake and that the war has made the United States more vulnerable to terrorism." She then mentions our boys: "And the Rolling Stones have taken a rare break from sex odes to record an antiwar song called 'Sweet Neo Con,' chiding Condi Rice and Bush. 'You call yourself a Christian; I call you a hypocrite,' Mick Jagger sings."

Say what you will about the politics of the song, it appears that those who criticized it as a bad business move were completely off the mark. To use Dubya's expression, they "misunderestimated" Mick's marketing savvy. No Stones fan should have made that mistake with ol' LSE Jagger.

Funny, yesterday Mick said it was about certain policies of the adminstration but not Bush or anyone in particuliar... I guess Maureen Dowd knows what the song is about better than Mick Jagger does...
August 11th, 2005 04:53 PM
glencar Mo Dowd loves to interject pop culture into politics. She's wrong as usual although I agree with her somewhat on W meeting with that Gold Star Mother. Sure she's a shill for the left but why not meet with her? I'm not sure why he has this inability to meet those who disagree with him.
August 11th, 2005 04:59 PM
Monkey Woman The story is all over the Internets! Yay! First Mick is against Bush, then he isn't, then he is... Head swirling with "news about news", Ronnie.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)