ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What a huge mistake... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
August 10th, 2005 01:20 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Detroit,Denver , Durham, Pit and SBC 2 are wide open(see Jenna Jeneson).

Funny ( see Paris Hilton )

|
|
|
|
V

August 10th, 2005 03:38 PM
Brainbell Jangler Sorry I couldn't get back sooner; I've been in trial. My apologies to Maxlugar. It was actually telecaster who wrote, "Maxy is right Insulting 51% of your audience in the US is not smart." I suppose tele was referring to Maxy's post, "These are troubled times and the last thing roughly 50% of this country wants to hear is a lecture by a millionaire Englishman." I was evidently relying on tele's gloss of Maxy's quote when I attributed the "51% of fan base" comment to Maxy.

My more general point stands. Statistically, Stones fans are more likely to be in the half of the voting population that opposes Bush and perhaps even more likely in the half of the country that doesn't bother to vote. The "Dixie Chicks" spectre which continues to be evoked by reactionaries ignores the fact that right-wingers ARE the fan base for country music, NOT for rock'n'roll. You right-wing rockers are an anomaly.
August 10th, 2005 03:52 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Brainbell Jangler wrote:
My more general point stands. Statistically, Stones fans are more likely to be in the half of the voting population that opposes Bush and perhaps even more likely in the half of the country that doesn't bother to vote. The "Dixie Chicks" spectre which continues to be evoked by reactionaries ignores the fact that right-wingers ARE the fan base for country music, NOT for rock'n'roll. You right-wing rockers are an anomaly.

The Stones have been in business for over 40 years and over that time people that call themselves their "fans" will surely be a larger cross section of the country than you are surmising. Many of the 60's kids for instance turned into Reaganites in the 80's. There are no surveys that I'm aware of, but I don't think people that like the Stones or rock and roll in general that happen to have voted for Bush are an anomaly. Not everyone who voted for Bush is "Right-Winger", the way I think you mean it.

August 10th, 2005 03:54 PM
nankerphelge I agree -- would love to see those statistics, counselor!!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
August 10th, 2005 04:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I agree -- would love to see those statistics, counselor!!

[Edited by nankerphelge]

The theory is a bust and interpretation is "wide open"

August 10th, 2005 04:02 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The theory is a bust and interpretation is "wide open"

In honor of The PugMeister :

All Hail !!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 10th, 2005 04:03 PM
gimmekeef Now back to our regularly scheduled bitching......
August 10th, 2005 04:04 PM
monkey_man This is kind of crazy arguing about the political demographics of Stones fans. Look around at whats happening . . . the recently signed energy bill gives billions of dollars to already insanely wealthy oil companies. So much for free market economics. . .this is corporate welfare raiding our treasury! Today oil hit $65 a barrel and we the little people are taking it in the arse! This administration doesn't give a fuck about you unless you are a corporation or a millionaire. Wake up!

http://www.hubbertpeak.com
http://www.peakoil.org
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net
August 10th, 2005 04:30 PM
FPM C10
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Easy. Because nobody on this board cares what you have to say

Really? Um...ok, Tele, if you say so. I know none of your happy little band of miscreants ever lets anything I say go unchallenged. But I guess that's different...somehow...and the people who actually SAY they agree with me really DON'T, I guess, because...well, I don't know why. It's some sort of shadowy left-wing conspiracy I guess.

I know you guys would like to believe I'm a lone lunatic - but I think all of these "NeoCon" threads proved that I really am "middle of the road". And that I'm certainly not alone in my beliefs. Mick's on my side, for one!

I wonder if he got the idea for this song - which is supposed to be GREAT, by the way - (heeheehee) - from reading our ridiculous arguments on this board? That would be pretty cool, huh?

quote:
telecaster wrote:

Where did I say am I selling my tickets?

I guess I misunderstood your comment at Maxlugar.com: "If Mick starts preaching at Fenway or any show prior I, for the first time ever, will pass"

I thought you meant you would pass on any further shows including ones you'd already purchased tickets for. Now I realize you meant you would pass a kidney stone.

quote:
telecaster wrote:
One day, decades from now, Pea will get one right

You're right. Decades from now when your grandchildren are asking what the FUCK you people were thinking with this whole Bush debacle, my grandchildren will say "Grandpa Fleabit TOLD 'em so!"

Hey, don't forget the big "Impeach Bush" rally Sept 24 at the White House. See you there!
August 10th, 2005 04:34 PM
USFan How DARE the Stones pull this.
August 10th, 2005 04:35 PM
Joey " You're right. Decades from now when your grandchildren are asking what the FUCK you people were thinking with this whole Bush debacle, my grandchildren will say "Grandpa Fleabit TOLD 'em so!"

Oh , that is so beautiful !

" Hey, don't forget the big "Impeach Bush" rally Sept 24 at the White House. See you there! "

If gasoline prices keep shooting through the roof , Bushie43's Presidency will most CERTAINLY go the way of Nixon's Presidency ( see : ARAB OIL EMBARGO , circa 1973 / '74 ).

August 10th, 2005 04:37 PM
sirmoonie I think we are in the last throes of the Sweet Neo revolt. We can start deleting posts by the fall.
August 10th, 2005 04:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I think we are in the last throes of the Sweet Neo revolt. We can start deleting posts by the fall.

sadly, all of these posts shall be sheared!
August 10th, 2005 04:56 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

sadly, all of these posts shall be sheared!

Even the photos of dogs with clothes on?
August 10th, 2005 05:12 PM
BlindLemon I remember my days as a constant lurker here and I remember being put off by all the photos and nonsensical comments by Joey. I now solemnly take all the unspoken and unwritten trashing of all resident posters BACK. I would have never thought that the day will come when I see a PAris Hilton photo on RO and feel a sudden burst of joy over what, in this context, seems like the only reasonable thing to do. I mean in this thread, pointlessly posting photo Paris Hilton is really only (forgive the big words)the perfect metaphor to capture the senselessness of it all.
As a youngster, let me add that I did not mean to insult anyone. But reading through the thread, this was the feeling that came over me.
August 10th, 2005 07:01 PM
72Tele Riffhard how old are you? If you are between 18 and 40 then please join one branch of the service. Also if you have children between 18 and 40 please get them to join. They need you very bad. Otherwise shut the fuck up you poser.
August 10th, 2005 07:08 PM
Brainbell Jangler Blind Lemon--I have come to believe that Joey is an unrecognized (unrecognizable?) genius.
August 10th, 2005 07:32 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Hondo wrote:
When we allow our country and its leaders to be fuckin mocked it makes us look weak.

now this is the bit i don't understand...to me it's the opposite - to over-react to criticism (or being mocked)is itself a show of weakness (an almost tacit agreement that that the criticism/mocking is justified) - a show of strength to such things would be to completely ignore them

there is clearly a completely different mind set about attitudes to politicians in the US as compared to here (as i'm sure corgi would confirm) - mocking politicians (of all stripes) is accepted practice here - even the one's that you support - they're all opportunists (even if they may have started out with good intentions)whose only concern is getting hold of power, keeping it and(wherever possible) expanding it

Further, those that say politics has no part in music are being either niave (sp?) or disingenuous - everything is political - life is politics - as was pointed out by another (nasty??) "neighbours" is as "political" as "street fightin' man"

as for the stones and SNC - well i just think it's good that they are still able to ruffle a few feathers - that's why we love them isn't it??
August 10th, 2005 07:47 PM
Riffhard
quote:
72Tele wrote:
Riffhard how old are you? If you are between 18 and 40 then please join one branch of the service. Also if you have children between 18 and 40 please get them to join. They need you very bad. Otherwise shut the fuck up you poser.

Fuck right off asswipe! You're a fucking headcase asshole. Reread my post and figure out the point before you start spewing your shit. I think this whole political debate is bullshit on a goddamned Rolling FUCKING Stones message board!

As for my age I am old enough to know that you are far too young to know shit from shinola. You fucking putz! I have been posting on this site for years now you stupid noobie! I have friends here that are democrat and friends that are republican. Guess what fucknut? I have even had beers with my friend Flea! What a shocker,huh?!

Here's an idea. If you are new to a message board,as you are,why not get to know some of the regulars before you try and call one a poser! You have no fucking clue as to what branch of the service I may,or may not,have served in. Guess what? You're never gonna find out either. Why? Because this is a Rolling FUCKING Stones message board!

Pull your head out of your ass and reread my post carefully. Maybe you will be intelligent enough to figure out the point that was being made,but alas,I fear that you are not so bright to read between the lines.

Riffhard
August 10th, 2005 07:56 PM
nankerphelge Riffy!

MUST GO TO BOSTON!

August 10th, 2005 08:02 PM
72Tele Rifftard I reread your post. Twice actually. I was wrong. You are a ignorant poser.
August 10th, 2005 08:04 PM
lotsajizz you know, actually, Riffy ain't bad for a right wing nut job, I think he'd recognize our musical taste and spare us from the firing squads....:-)

and of course he think's I'm a left wing nut job

but we both LOVE the Stones

enough!!
August 10th, 2005 08:10 PM
Riffhard Nanky as much as I would love to hit Boston I will be in Atlanta on that date! Please give a full report as I know you will! Philly #1 is the only show that I've got tix for to date. That will change for sure. MSG is gonna be a scalping show for me,as will the Giant Stadium show. You coming to YOPTI again? Giants?

Oh,and by the way. Isn't 72Tele a fucking tosser? Yeah,I think so too! He does have huge internet muscles though! I'll give him that much. Tosser all the same though.

Riffhard
August 10th, 2005 08:13 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
you know, actually, Riffy ain't bad for a right wing nut job, I think he'd recognize our musical taste and spare us from the firing squads....:-)

and of course he think's I'm a left wing nut job

but we both LOVE the Stones

enough!!

Right you are,Jizzy! Right you are! Hell this rightwing nazi would even drink a Guinness with you. You fucking Commie!

Riffhard
August 10th, 2005 08:15 PM
nankerphelge Bummer -- I will likely be at the Jan/Feb shows, whereever they may be!

Hope to catch up and catch one with you at some point!

Don't let the failed experiments of the species get ya down!

August 10th, 2005 08:33 PM
keithriffhard Tele just leave Riffhard alone, Riffhard is right, this is a Rolling Stones message board about the music, and I think that the song in itself "Sweet NeoCon" will be pretty cool, I hear it's a delicious rocker.
August 10th, 2005 09:10 PM
Hondo
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

now this is the bit i don't understand...to me it's the opposite - to over-react to criticism (or being mocked)is itself a show of weakness (an almost tacit agreement that that the criticism/mocking is justified) - a show of strength to such things would be to completely ignore them

there is clearly a completely different mind set about attitudes to politicians in the US as compared to here (as i'm sure corgi would confirm) - mocking politicians (of all stripes) is accepted practice here - even the one's that you support -

Hey man, I almost agree with you except I have seen too many people get physically attacked after some asshole decided they were an easy target cause they took verbal abuse. Take that example and put it in a bigger situation... Osama talks a lot of shit, we do nothing(ignore him) so he starts coming after us since we look like a weak and easy target. If we werent so passive when he was threatening us 9-11 may not have happened...just my own thought. Also, I don't mind so much when entertainers trash the US and the way its run, just pisses me off when they go around the world doing it.
August 10th, 2005 09:22 PM
Monkey Woman Wow, another clueless troll!
August 10th, 2005 10:01 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Hondo wrote:

Take that example and put it in a bigger situation... Osama talks a lot of shit, we do nothing(ignore him) so he starts coming after us since we look like a weak and easy target.

well to me that's a completely different situation...that's not criticism or being mocked, that type of "shit" is a palpable threat and requires a completely different type of response
August 11th, 2005 10:19 AM
Hondo
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Wow, another clueless troll!

Whats your problem man??? I make a point and you call me names? You don't like it than disagree or shutup...it makes you sound like a pussy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)