ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What a huge mistake... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
August 9th, 2005 04:08 PM
gimmekeef Laugh!..I Nearly Died....havenet laughed this much since I dont know when...Sean Hannity spends time dissin the Stones about a song he's never heard?....Who the fuck is that prick!!!!....Mick's laughin all the way to the bank!...With all this increased hype I heard a guy called for tickets in Detroit and asked what time the show was...The Ticketbastard clerk replied..."Well Sir what time can you make it?.."
August 9th, 2005 04:09 PM
time is on my side
quote:
jb wrote:

Are you boycotting the non-sold out UC show?

Time is running out on your fantasies. The UC show is August 26th which according to my calcualtions is little more than two weeks away. My guess is this show will be at 100% capacity. What evidence do you have it will be otherwise except made up statements. Why can't I buy any tickets at TICKETBASTARD right now????
August 9th, 2005 04:10 PM
jb
quote:
The Wick wrote:
JB, this album might seem a bust- judging from Streets of Shite, but why the tour? Everyone said the same thing before Voodoo Lounge and that was the greatest success. I think this one will top Forty Licks which had no new blood on it. And hopefully, no Dustbin Timberfake.

I think financially you are correct..it will not be solely form ticket sales however. The # I have heard tossed around is 400 Million gross....Licks netted over 300 MIl gross and around 107 million net.....You ust include the ove 100 million they make in merchandise sales alone..........the term "bust" as I use it, refers more to creativity/complete sell outs...
August 9th, 2005 04:14 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:

sell outs...

almost 14,250 posts
nearly 15,000 posts, quality posts!
August 9th, 2005 04:16 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

almost 14,250 posts
nearly 15,000 posts, quality posts!

Thank you Rik..and to think, we started this just a few years ago..a Jew and a Dutchman.
August 9th, 2005 04:18 PM
Joey " With all this increased hype I heard a guy called for tickets in Detroit and asked what time the show was...The Ticketbastard clerk replied..."Well Sir what time can you make it?.."

You make Joey laugh like Hell !!!!
August 9th, 2005 04:18 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Maxy is right

Insulting 51% of your audience in the US is not smart

Dumb. Really dumb

They only insulted the 4% fascisti/hick/racist/unAmerican types...you're the one insulting the rest!
August 9th, 2005 04:20 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Maxy is right

Insulting 51% of your audience in the US is not smart

Dumb. Really dumb

Moonie would call it retarded

The Stones will care very soon

Those $450 tickets aren't bought by the granola eating Birkenstock wearing types

Insulting George Walker Bush III is not insulting 51% of the United States. My guess, from experience, is that 5% of people in the United States feel insulted when George Walker Bush III gets insulted. Just look at these threads - maybe 2 or 3 people, out of the dozens that stop by every day, appeared to feel insulted by the existence of this Rollin Stones song entitled Sweet Neo Con. And they were all gay and/or retarded.

The song Sweet Neo Con will have absolutely no effect on ticket or album sales whatsoever, either up or down. Its just too inconsequential. Even if it turns out to be a good or great tune, it won't make or break a thing.
August 9th, 2005 04:20 PM
Nellcote Of course the UC show is sold out, it will be the third show in a row I've attended.
I'm looking forward to seeing many RO's there...
August 9th, 2005 04:21 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Of course the UC show is sold out, it will be the third show in a row I've attended.
I'm looking forward to seeing many RO's there...

It's not Nellcote..still tickets available!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 04:23 PM
Moonisup
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

They only insulted the 4% fascisti/hick/racist/unAmerican types...you're the one insulting the rest!

no I think maxy is right about the fact the stones have a large fanbase that is neocon -> can afford their ticketprice. The only thing is, that 51% is, as with most things, taking it far toooooo seriously. Just enjoy the song
August 9th, 2005 04:24 PM
Nellcote JB: Bounce from Fenway, proximity to NYC, Friday night in the summa, all valid points that the fanatic Hahtfud area will turn out for the Stones, they have for decades...
You should make a week in New England out of it....
August 9th, 2005 04:25 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB: Bounce from Fenway, proximity to NYC, Friday night in the summa, all valid points that the fanatic Hahtfud area will turn out for the Stones, they have for decades...
You should make a week in New England out of it....

I thought you were referring to the Chicago show? I am still unable to procure on-stage seating.....................
August 9th, 2005 04:27 PM
Nellcote And I thought the reference was to the UCONN show...
August 9th, 2005 04:30 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
And I thought the reference was to the UCONN show...

No....UConn will be O.K...maybe not sold out, but atleast 13, 895.
August 9th, 2005 04:31 PM
FPM C10 Wow. Was this the best day EVER or what? I can't believe I wasn't around to take part in it... but then everyone knows what I would say anyway.

Why is it when I brought this stuff up last week I was insane, but Drudge and Hannity bring it up and all of a sudden Tele's selling his tickets and Maxy's giving Mick marketing lessons!

Too rich!

AND WE HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD THE SONG YET!!!!!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
August 9th, 2005 04:33 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Wow. Was this the best day EVER or what? I can't believe I wasn't around to take part in it... but then everyone knows what I would say anyway.

Why is it when I brought this stuff up last week I was insane, but Drudge and Hannity bring it up and all of a sudden Tele's selling his tickets and Maxy's giving Mick marketing lessons!

Too rich!

No one who supports Bush/Condi can go to these shows in good conscious.................
August 9th, 2005 04:34 PM
trevcourt I don't remember any "outcry" upon the release of "Indian Girl", "Undercover" single, "High Wire". This has more to do with the times than the Stones. And it's boring, but it is pub!

And as to the original poster's reference to the Dixie Chicks: They sold a shiteload of records, boss!

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."
-- Samuel Johnson

[Edited by trevcourt]
August 9th, 2005 04:36 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
jb wrote:

No one who supports Bush/Condi can go to these shows in good conscious.................

Such people are and never were true Stones fans.

August 9th, 2005 04:37 PM
telecaster
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Too rich!

Easy. Because nobody on this board cares what you have to say

Where did I say am I selling my tickets?

One day, decades from now, Pea will get one right

Someday
August 9th, 2005 04:38 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Such people are and never were true Stones fans.

Amen. Thread closed!
August 9th, 2005 04:43 PM
time is on my side
quote:
jb wrote:

I thought you were referring to the Chicago show? I am still unable to procure on-stage seating.....................

Did you not say UC???? If you are referring to Chicago where do you get the U????? It's interesting how you backtrack when someone FINALLY tries to pinpoint and ask you to explain the fantasy
August 9th, 2005 04:45 PM
the good
quote:
trevcourt wrote:
I don't remember any "outcry" upon the release of "Indian Girl", "Undercover" single, "High Wire". This has more to do with the times than the Stones. And it's boring, but it is pub!

And as to the original poster's reference to the Dixie Chicks: They sold a shiteload of records, boss!

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."
-- Samuel Johnson

shiteload being the operative word...

[Edited by trevcourt]

August 9th, 2005 04:47 PM
telecaster I am sure in a couple of days we will get a "clarification" from Mick

Virgin Records and Ameriquest have sunk a boatload into the tour/album and this ain't the way they wanted it to kick off

Virgin has lost millions on their record contract with The Stones and want to make it up on this one

Not a good start

You Neo Libs are missing the point as usual. It isn't the politics it is the marketing
August 9th, 2005 04:56 PM
sirmoonie Here's the full boat article that Drudge lifted from. He probably should have posted the link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8852125/site/newsweek/

Very little Sweet Neo Con content, MUCH information worth reading.
August 9th, 2005 05:11 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
jb wrote:

I don't know how "conscious" I'm gonna be -- depends on how many beers I drink -- but my conscience will be just fine.
August 9th, 2005 06:31 PM
the good Wow. People are calling up talk radio stations in Philly and saying they aren't going to the show now (they already have tix).
August 9th, 2005 06:34 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, right on! That statement will ring through the world for sure!!

Pathetic.
And good riddance.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 9th, 2005 06:48 PM
monkey_man All this hoopla is hilarious! This alblum will probably sell more than any of their recent albums because of the media paying the slightest attention to 1 song. Fox News takes the bait every time! Bill O'Reilly gave tons of free press to Al Franken over his "Lies" book. . .it became a best seller. Hannity is going to do the same for the Stones!
August 9th, 2005 07:09 PM
FPM C10
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Easy. Because nobody on this board cares what you have to say

Where did I say am I selling my tickets?

One day, decades from now, Pea will get one right

Someday

Settle down, Beavis. I know this day has been hard on you guys. You could deny that the Stones are calling you an ass when it was just me talking about it, but man, when Sean Hannity gets in the game, that's serious.

So, if they play "Sweet NeoCon" at the opener, will you boo? Or run to the bathroom so you can pretend you didn't hear it? Or what?

I just gots to know! How you gonna manage this? Hell, this "issue" has you guys so mixed up that Maxy is agreeing with JB!!! The tour is a bust!

The FUNNIEST thing about all of this is that you guys are taking the stance that the Stones SHOULD be worrying about how much money they'll make, and NOT the music. Isn't that actually backwards from what everyone here (except of course JB) usually thinks?

And all of you are 100% agreed that Mick doesn't REALLY mean it. It's just a marketing ploy!! So - he shouldn't have done it because it's bad business - but he wrote it simply because the market will eat it up...wha???

As far as getting one right, THIS is one I've had right from the start. Rightwing Stones fans make NO sense! Before you trot out your cliched retorts, I didn't say you weren't allowed to like them - just that it makes no sense. Here's one Mick agrees with me on.

Yet SOMEHOW, I'm betting that, in your troubled mind, YOU'RE still right!

Heeeheeeheee!!! This is TOO rich!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)