ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What a huge mistake... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
August 9th, 2005 12:24 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:

Well, true enough.

But I agree with Moonie. This will all be gone in two weeks and no one will remember it. If they play it on tour I'll be impressed (shocked, actually) and we can go over all this territory again then.

I hope so my friend. I want NOTHING to get in the way of this album and tour!

I want to laugh and sing and make fun of the "fans" who purchased $12,000 On-stage tickets from my swank $95 FRONT ROW seats.

That's all I want.
August 9th, 2005 12:27 PM
Scottfree
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Thw Wick,

Do not misunderstand me...Mick has the right to say WHATEVER he wants to. That's what makes America great. I also have the right to say WHATEVER I want to as well and what I'm saying is that I think it sucks that Mick has had to bring politics into the Stones. Apparently Keith Richards would prefer there weren't political lyrics in the Stones songs either!!

Great point, I was going to make it earlier...Some people feel as though they're being censored, when they are merley receiving backlash (which is what they were aiming for in the first place)....
[Edited by Scottfree]
August 9th, 2005 12:41 PM
jb pUBLICITY SELLS TICKETRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 12:45 PM
Angiegirl I just think it's hugely amusing. Mick will be laughing like no one else about this. Their legacy can't be destroyed after 40 years by just one more controversial (is it even? we'll have to wait and hear) song. He won't get broke and homeless by the effects. Tickets of $60-2,000 still sell out. Highwire was debated for a bit by the media back then, and what were the effects? None, exactly.

The media? Some'll whine, sure. But this topic will make a nice change from debating whether Pitt slept with Jolie before his divorce from Aniston. Nobody should take themselves too seriously. Mick for sure doesn't. And I'm sure Bush can take this stuff by now, he won't be bothered a bit. Neither am I, I just laugh.
August 9th, 2005 12:46 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Nasty Habits wrote:

I want to laugh and sing and make fun of the "fans" who purchased $12,000 On-stage tickets from my swank $95 FRONT ROW seats.

That's all I want.

August 9th, 2005 12:49 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I hope so my friend. I want NOTHING to get in the way of this album and tour!

That's all I want.

That is inevitable. It's going to happen no matter what. They will release an album. They will tour. Done deal. I mean, what is going to happen? Right wing fans booing Neocon and throwing beer bottles? Bigger Bang Burnings in front of Duke? Wal Mart the NPR supporters refuse to carry a the album? George Bush saying "Good Americans don't see the Stones?" I really don't see the consequences. Relax.

What could possibly go wrong?
August 9th, 2005 12:50 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
That is inevitable. It's going to happen no matter what. They will release an album. They will tour. Done deal. I mean, what is going to happen? Right wing fans booing Neocon and throwing beer bottles? Bigger Bang Burnings in front of Duke? Wal Mart the NPR supporters refuse to carry a the album? George Bush saying "Good Americans don't see the Stones?" I really don't see the consequences. Relax.

My point exactly, lol!
August 9th, 2005 12:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Dear Red States,

We're ticked off at the way you've treated California,
and we've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our
own country, and we're taking the other Blue States
with us.

In case you aren't aware, that includes Hawaii,
Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan,
Illinois and the entire Northeast. We believe this
split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially
to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the
slave states. We get stem cell research and the best
beaches. We get Elliot Spitzer. You get Ken Lay. We
get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand. We get
Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom. We get Harvard.
You get Ole Miss.

We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and
entrepreneurs. You get Alabama. We get two-thirds of
the tax revenue; you get to make the red states
finally pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower
than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of
happy families. You get a bunch of single moms. And
of course, 31% higher unwanted pregnancies.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be
pro-choice and anti-war, and we're going to want all
our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need
people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids
they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for
no purpose, and they don't care if you don't show
pictures of their children's caskets coming home. We
do wish you success in Iraq, and hope that the WMDs
turn up, but we're not willing to spend our resources
to find them.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm
control of 80 percent of the country's fresh water,
more than 90 percent of the pineapple and lettuce, 92
percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of
America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at
state dinners) 90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of
the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur
coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors,
all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools, plus Stanford
and Cal Tech.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have
to cope with 88 percent of all obese Americans (and
their projected health care costs), 92 percent of all
U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes,
90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all
Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all
televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University,
Clemson and the University of Georgia.
We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states
believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62
percent believe life is sacred unless we're discussing
the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that
evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was
involved in 9/11, and 61 percent of you crazy bastards
believe you are people with higher morals then us
lefties.

By the way, we're taking the good pot, too. You can
have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico.

Sincerely,
Author Unknown in New California.
August 9th, 2005 12:53 PM
thejuf
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
"Have you been drinking?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

this is by far the funniest post EVER on ANY message board....

[Edited by thejuf]
August 9th, 2005 12:53 PM
jb iT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF AL THE LIBERAL RANCHERS CAVE IN TO BE IN THE "COOL CROWD"....................
August 9th, 2005 01:01 PM

Oh please I don't mean any of that. I'm talking about less album sales and less tickets sold to shows that's all. Less buzz over the whole thing. I want a number one album and record breaking tour. That means pulling in people who are not the diehards.

I also want to make sure I'm still going to get my offical Rolling Stones Paintball Gun to shoot the on-stage "fans" who paid $11,000 to stand on a scaffolding and stare at Charlies bald spot through their toes.

August 9th, 2005 01:19 PM
gypsy
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Your spelling need attention!

Howe dare you?! jb earns more money than you could even think about! He doesn't have to know howe to spell correctly.
August 9th, 2005 01:20 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Howe dare you?! jb earns more money than you could even think about! He doesn't have to know howe to spell correctly.

Hi, glad you're back!!
August 9th, 2005 01:24 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Oh please I don't mean any of that. I'm talking about less album sales and less tickets sold to shows that's all. Less buzz over the whole thing. I want a number one album and record breaking tour. That means pulling in people who are not the diehards.

Why? Surely you're not one of those "size matters", JB type people?

quote:
And then Max Said:

I also want to make sure I'm still going to get my offical Rolling Stones Paintball Gun to shoot the on-stage "fans" who paid $11,000 to stand on a scaffolding and stare at Charlies bald spot through their toes.

Did they have to sell their shoes to afford the onstage tickets?

I want this for you, too.
August 9th, 2005 01:28 PM
jb Sorry I missed you in Asheville!!! I passed Voltage records and it was closed!!! Some festival featuring Blues Travelers.............
August 9th, 2005 01:30 PM

Who is JB?
August 9th, 2005 01:32 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Who is JB?

JB is the man you wish you could be.........sadly, you don't have what it takes to make the grade.
August 9th, 2005 01:33 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Your spelling need attention!

And it's 'Your spelling needs attention!'. Even I know that.
August 9th, 2005 01:33 PM
beer
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Who is JB?

He's the guy onstage doing the slide dance!

-
August 9th, 2005 01:34 PM
Nasty Habits I'm sorry, I forgot that he's a member of the lower cases.

This should have read "Surely you're not one of those "size matters", jb type people?"

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
August 9th, 2005 01:35 PM
jb
quote:
beer wrote:

-

You flatter me sir!!!!
August 9th, 2005 01:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:

The ability to make money is neither here nor there. Gangsters and con artists know how to make money. Unfortunately the Law has become a refuge for beaurocrats, power freaks and other busybodies. I don't know of any honest profession that hasn't been corrupted yet so I'm not picking on lawyers.
August 9th, 2005 01:48 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

The ability to make money is neither here nor there. Gangsters and con artists know how to make money. Unfortunately the Law has become a refuge for beaurocrats, power freaks and other busybodies. I don't know of any honest profession that hasn't been corrupted yet so I'm not picking on lawyers.

The SOL are money whores as well!!!
[Edited by jb]
August 9th, 2005 01:48 PM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:

-

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
August 9th, 2005 01:51 PM
MojoWire
quote:
jb wrote:
The righties must not go to Stones shows, but sign up for Iraq duty!!!!

And you, my friend, must immediately give away all your money and possessions to the less wealthy, and stop driving your auto and begin riding your bicycle everywhere since you obviously are opposed to "big oil" and drilling in ANWR, Alaska.

Oh, and while you're at it, turn off your air-conditioner and heater (in winter).

And don't forget to tell your kids (if you have any) that its' OK to convert to Islam, and that maybe they should experiment with some of the new designer drugs.

Give me some time. I'm sure I can think of some more "liberal approved" things which you can do to prove your loyalty.

August 9th, 2005 01:53 PM
jb
quote:
MojoWire wrote:
And you, my friend, must immediately give away all your money and possessions to the less wealthy, and stop driving your auto and begin riding your bicycle everywhere since you obviously are opposed to "big oil" and drilling in ANWR, Alaska.

Oh, and while you're at it, turn off your air-conditioner and heater (in winter).

And don't forget to tell your kids (if you have any) that its' OK to convert to Islam, and that maybe they should experiment with some of the new designer drugs.

Give me some time. I'm sure I can think of some more "liberal approved" things which you can do to prove your loyalty.

Do you know where I can get a deal on Grail T shirts?
August 9th, 2005 01:55 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Do you know where I can get a deal on Grail T shirts?

NO SIR !!!!! ( " Ho ! ... Ho ! ... Ho ! " --- in Ed McMahon voice )
August 9th, 2005 01:55 PM
The Wick
quote:
MojoWire wrote:
And don't forget to tell your kids (if you have any) that its' OK to convert to Islam.

Another racist wanker. I try to give you conservatives as much credit as I can, but tossers like you show your true colors.
August 9th, 2005 02:07 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

NO SIR !!!!! ( " Ho ! ... Ho ! ... Ho ! " --- in Ed McMahon voice )

What about True Religion jeans?
August 9th, 2005 02:11 PM
MojoWire
quote:
The Wick wrote:

Another racist wanker. I try to give you conservatives as much credit as I can, but tossers like you show your true colors.

C'mon now. Stop projecting. It's unbecoming. Besides, you'll never break, never break, never break, this heart .....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)