ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaah!!! Wohoooo I'm gonna listen the WHOLE album in 3 days!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
August 10th, 2005 11:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You did read the most important part Nellcote

I wrote some notes track by track but it's hard to describe songs other than style, sound and lyrics as well as an overall rating.

That was the first listening, I'm gonna listen to it at least three times before another review. But the best thing is that there is just some weeks left to listen the album and today is the first live show

Tonight I will try to post something "special"
August 10th, 2005 11:58 AM
Monkey Woman Oh oh! I did note that final hint, but wondered about it... Well, well, we'll see for ourselves soon enough!

To Voodoo: hats off!
August 10th, 2005 12:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
Yes, you lucky guy... bring it on. We want to hear all the details track by track.
a) are the songs good
b) does it all flow together
c)if it had to be compared to one Stones album in past, which one?

Christ, I sound like a fucking teacher. lol

Just really psyched to hear the details.

a) All are good, even "Driving too fast"
b) Yes, it flows good, I listened 16 songs one by one and the balance and order is great
c) It's original it's hard to make comparisions; as you already know the beginning of Oh No, Not You Again compares with When the whip comes down but you can¿t say they are similar.

One thing that I loved where tyhe instrumental parts, even that Mick sounds strong and good (except in that song singing nasal / twangy ). The way the guitars and bass are alternating in the solos is really great, they are the boys they were jamming for themselves
August 10th, 2005 12:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>The last song is really "Strange" is not a ballad is not a rocker, is not funky, is not reggae, is Keith inspired in a new "style"

interesting. wasnt that the song that 3 different Italian reviewers variously described as sounding like AC DC, reggae and something out of Dixieland?

thanks for the review, you lucky bastard

When I was there I didn't identify the "sequencing sound", first I thought it was a 5-sring bass with a special wah-wah, then a guitar with electronic distortion making a "zig-zag" in the background while Keith is singing and playing.

Shit!! how hard is to describe musicm specially when you are so excited

August 10th, 2005 12:16 PM
Monkey Woman Great! "It's original", that will puzzle some fans but it's cool that the boys have a few new tricks to try on us. Musically speaking!

BTW, I remember something Gazza said once about Mr Zimmermann: his twangy voice is "an acquiered taste".
August 10th, 2005 12:21 PM
J.J.Flash Please... tell me that there are some good guitar solos..... please..... Also, what about that song that some early reviews mentioned as Keith full of OVERDRIVE...
August 10th, 2005 03:01 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Please... tell me that there are some good guitar solos..... please..... Also, what about that song that some early reviews mentioned as Keith full of OVERDRIVE...

August 10th, 2005 03:08 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:
Thanks Voodoo, I've ordered the Jap edition, so around August 30 I will receive it!!!! Can't wait!!!!

BTW - "The best in years", you said. How many?!
33 or...8
[Edited by Jair]

Where did you buy it?
August 10th, 2005 03:36 PM
Jair Hey JayJay,
I've ordered from Amazon. The single is due to August 16 (16,99 USD) and the CD (double) 49,99 USD, to August 23.

There is the regular Jap edition also, for 36,00 USD.

[Edited by Jair]
August 10th, 2005 05:49 PM
Some Guy Voodoo, whats the best song and why?
August 10th, 2005 07:24 PM
Soldatti More details Gerardo, what song is the best in your opinion?
August 10th, 2005 07:42 PM
stones2002 The question I have is when will we get our surprise tonight?
August 10th, 2005 07:59 PM
Some Guy wake up!!
August 10th, 2005 08:16 PM
stones2002 This morning I read this

"Tomorrow I’m gonna give you more and a special report, with photos etc etc and something better than just a review"
August 10th, 2005 08:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Voodoo, whats the best song and why?

"Streets of Love" !!!!
August 10th, 2005 08:36 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"Streets of Love" !!!!

uh oh!
August 10th, 2005 10:20 PM
IanBillen
I am glad of this review. But why when folks do finally hear the album in it's entirety, something we have been looking forward to and debating over for months (years even) do they give away so little and always say they will tell us more later?

We have waited long enough. We want to know the full skinny now.

How about some detail and you say the best album in years...How does it compare to Voodoo Lounge or Bridges? Remember they came out years ago. How is the song writing compared to them and how is the recording quality?

Ian
August 10th, 2005 10:22 PM
maumau i guess we have to be patient until the gig is over...
don't you think?
August 10th, 2005 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ian if you read well all those questions are already answered. I do not compare this to VL or B2B as it's completly different and I already said that more than once. Also I said is "back to the basic", the sound, the music etc

I don't have time to make a track-by-track review and it will be subjective in any way... describe a color, a flavour, music is hard to describe

But it's the best since somegirls and maybe better, but it's my taste.

I have listened the songs more now and surely now I can rate them or rank from my fave to the least favorite (if any) now I love "Driving too fast" the one I described yesterday as the filler, it made me rememberf the bass in bitch

But I have something better but my computer have problems and can't use it so I'm using my wife's laptop with a slow internet connection

I'm trying to do my best but I'm not perfect... from voodoo
August 11th, 2005 07:29 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Ian if you read well all those questions are already answered. I do not compare this to VL or B2B as it's completly different and I already said that more than once. Also I said is "back to the basic", the sound, the music etc

I don't have time to make a track-by-track review and it will be subjective in any way... describe a color, a flavour, music is hard to describe

But it's the best since somegirls and maybe better, but it's my taste.

I have listened the songs more now and surely now I can rate them or rank from my fave to the least favorite (if any) now I love "Driving too fast" the one I described yesterday as the filler, it made me rememberf the bass in bitch

But I have something better but my computer have problems and can't use it so I'm using my wife's laptop with a slow internet connection

I'm trying to do my best but I'm not perfect... from voodoo

Hey, it's an exciting, tantalizing review, Voo! "Best since Some Girls", "completely different" from BTB or VL... We're going to have a hard time waiting until Sept. 6th!
August 11th, 2005 08:17 AM
gotdablouse Thanks a lot for sharing and clearly on a message board, no one owes anyone anything, unlike what some people seem to think...people just share what they feel like sharing and that's already a lot.

Talking of which, you mentioned a "surprise", did I miss it or are you still working on it ? ;-)
August 11th, 2005 09:02 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I think... well, I'm sure there's a better review than mine at the Winterland thread

...and let me tell ya, I think this is even better than some girls

I have now listened several times and it's ringing on me

God bless these bastards
August 11th, 2005 09:14 AM
time is on my side
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

...and let me tell ya, I think this is even better than some girls

I have now listened several times and it's ringing on me

God bless these bastards

Interesting observation Voodoo that it may be better than Some Girls or Tattoo You (two personal favorites). Of course, I understand that music is subjective and that each person must make their own determination but, damn it, your getting me excited when you make statements like that.

The anticipation is killing me!!!
August 11th, 2005 03:01 PM
gimmekeef Voodoo..you've listened 3 times...hmmm..so you must have a copy????..How can that be???..I'm willing to make an offer...lol......
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)