ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaah!!! Wohoooo I'm gonna listen the WHOLE album in 3 days!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
August 6th, 2005 09:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl So excited that I'm writing this with my toes

This Tuesday (August 9) I'm goona listen THE WHOLE CD, yes "A Bigger Bang" at EMI's special PRIVATE event!!

YES!!

August 6th, 2005 09:50 PM
Bob Tamp You go boy!

and you know we all want a very detailed review. Good luck, and have fun.
August 6th, 2005 09:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here I am in the 40 Licks presentation at the Hard Rock Cafe Mexico City back with the President of EMI Latin America and EMI personel as well as the great Fernando Aceves (not in the picture LOL)

This was taken in September 2002 one day after my return from the NYC shows

Thanks guys at EMI, thank you Jesus, Thank You LOrd!!
August 6th, 2005 10:01 PM
Poplar
you are our ears, man.

August 6th, 2005 10:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now with Fernando and the EMI management

August 6th, 2005 10:11 PM
keithriffhard tell us about it man!
be brutally honest, too
August 6th, 2005 10:31 PM
time is on my side Yes, give us a brutally honest idea of the album. No sugar coating and no exaggerated negativity (we get enough of both on this board as it is). If it's a great album and their best since Some Girls or Tattoo You, then say so. If it's a very good album with filler, then say this is well. If it's just a good but flawed album like B2B or Voodoo Lounge, then you must say this as well. Finally, if it's bad and piece of crap, then you must speak your mind.

We want an honest, objective appraisal.

[Edited by time is on my side]
August 6th, 2005 10:38 PM
Some Guy How cool! Party on!!! Finally, we will get an honest review, take notes!
August 6th, 2005 11:24 PM
Poplar
Voodoo is a man of truth, a man of mathematics.

August 6th, 2005 11:39 PM
Daethgod you are one lucky dude

man i hope you report the news we all wanna hear

8 years has been too damn long

August 7th, 2005 12:28 AM
corgi37 You lucky, lucky bastard. (Using the voice of the upside down guy in Life of Brian)
August 7th, 2005 12:40 AM
glencar A French review on iorr.org was pretty negative. I hope you have better news, G.
August 7th, 2005 12:45 AM
Bloozehound voodoo a pimp
August 7th, 2005 01:05 AM
LadyJane What a well deserved honor.

Congrats, Voo!!

Looking forward to all the details!

LJ.

August 7th, 2005 01:10 AM
time is on my side
quote:
glencar wrote:
A French review on iorr.org was pretty negative. I hope you have better news, G.

Here's the review mentioned above. I don't know about you but I can't make heads or tails on what the hell they are talking about. Perhaps, it's the translation.

Re: French fanclub not that positieve about new album

The first impression leaves an ambivalent feeling. Big his of guitars kind "j'casse the shack to show that I am there", low rhythmic mixed battery very forward, extremist modern production and very fouillie, in the line of the rock albums of the young p'tits of today. To the listens certain titles, one evidently thinks about "Bridge To Babylon", but also to "Dirty Works" and "Undercover".

Especially for the inspiration, unfortunately not always to the appointment on several titles, this that leaves to glide the doubt as for the creative magie of the tandem jagger/richards, thing that was already tangible on "Voodoo Lounge" and "Bridge To Babylon". Sixteen titles that oscillate between the rock effective fougueux (Rough Justice, It Won't Take Long, Oh No, Not You Again) and the one without interest (Dangerous Beauty, Driving Too Fast), the funk to the sauce Jagger solo, indigestible (Rain Fall Down, Laugh I'S Nearly Died, Sweet Neo Stupid), the blues to the John The Hooker, magic (Back Of My Hand). The pop pleasant rock ballad (Let Me Down Slow) and the ballads sirupeuses and tasteless (Streets Of Coils, Biggest Mistake). Keith itself some goes out with the honors, its two titles being among the most interesting ones of the delivery. The remainder is, say, banal, without big held and especially without soul.

A "Bigger Bang" to rejuger with a listens more deepened and a little decline, but the miracle, it is certain, will not have place this coup-ci...

HERE'S A BETTER TRANSLATION:

the first impression leaves a mixed opinion. Big sound guitars kinda "I'm gonna bring the house down to show that I'm here", rythm guitar/bass/drums mixed up in the front, ultra modern and very confuse production, like today's kids rock albums. When listening to some titles, you can't help thinking of "Bridges To Babylon" and also to "Dirty Work" and "Undercover".
Especially for inspiration, unfortunately not always present on many titles, which leaves us to have misgivings about the creative magic of the Jagger/Richards duet, which was already tangible on "Voodoo Lounge" and "Bridges To Babylon".
16 numbers which sway between the efficient fiery rock (Rough Justice, It Won't Take Long) and the uninteresting one (Dangerous Beauty, Driving Too Fast), the Jagger way funk, heavy (Rain Fall Down, Laugh I Nearly Died, Sweet Neo Con), the John Lee Hooker way blues, magic (Back Of My Hand), the pleasant pop/rock ballad
(Let Me Down Slow) and the syrupy and insipid (Streets Of Love, Biggest Mistake).
Keith gets out of a ticklish situation, his two titles are among the most interesting ones of the new album. The rest is banal, not high class and with no soul.

A "Bigger Bang" to be reconsidered with a deeper listening and some distance, but this time the miracle for sure won't happen.

Even with the better translation, I'm still not so sure I know what the hell they are talking about. The only thing I get out of it is they didn't think A Bigger Bang was very good. Remember that Uncut gave the album an excellent review even calling it one last great album by the STONES. I'm anxious to hear from Voodoo and then we will be getting a better idea on what to expect

[Edited by time is on my side]
August 7th, 2005 01:25 AM
glencar LOL It was pretty bad. What this album has to do with Bush is anyone's guess.
August 7th, 2005 01:36 AM
keithriffhard yeah Bush is a bastard.....leave it at that, but that song has got to be funny though, and remember, that review was by someone from France they all hate Bush.

GO FRANCE!
August 7th, 2005 02:57 AM
exile

Ah! Who caes what the french think anyway!

I'll wait for Voodoo's review I think
August 7th, 2005 03:15 AM
ListenToTheLion [quote] When listening to some titles, you can't help thinking of "Bridges To Babylon" and also to "Dirty Work" and "Undercover". [unquote]

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 7th, 2005 03:24 AM
Monkey Woman Way to go, Voodoo! As LJ said, that's a well deserved honor!

I'll be very excited too when we can read your report. Thanks for being the ears of our crazy bunch!!!
August 7th, 2005 07:24 AM
corgi37 Ahh, those wacky French.

Cheese eating surrender monkeys.
August 7th, 2005 08:06 AM
J.J.Flash L U C K Y S O N O F A B I T C H !!!!!

Congratulations Gerardo! You deserve it man. Awaiting your review.
August 7th, 2005 08:46 AM
charlotte Pope Voodoo I is infallible...
August 7th, 2005 09:24 AM
egon Voodoo,
make sure you do the old "hey-is-that-free-beer-i-see-over-there?" trick.
you know the one; everybody is looking in one direction and you have time to grab that last chicken wing from the buffet... or you know like, take "A" cd & put it in your pocket, or something....
August 7th, 2005 10:02 AM
gimmekeef Well I remember the initial review of Exile in 72..Mixed at best.We really wont know how this album stacks up for months or even years.So far I like most of what we've heard and keep hoping for the best...Voodoo enjoy yourself and let us know how YOU feel!!!!
August 7th, 2005 10:40 AM
The Wick Don Was said last year that this is the best stuff they have done since the sixties, but there were still a hundred ways to fuck it up. Well, judging from that French review, which sounded pretty thorough, it looks like he and Matt Boom Boom Clifford have managed to work their shit bag production to mess it all up. I hope to God there will be another album and that they go with someone else and that Boom Boom stays well away. How someone could think that Streets of Love should ever be on any album whatsoever is baffling to say the least.
August 7th, 2005 11:14 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL It was pretty bad. What this album has to do with Bush is anyone's guess.

compromise

they have to make the peabit peanut brain's happy

something for everybody
August 7th, 2005 11:26 AM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
A French review on iorr.org was pretty negative. I hope you have better news, G.

yeah that kinda threw a wet blanket on the whole damn thing. I read it again and still don't get it. Now I know we will get an honest review, just call em like you hear em.
August 7th, 2005 12:02 PM
Poison Dart What the fuck was that review saying?

Did they like it or not?
August 7th, 2005 12:13 PM
kath stones get better with every listen......
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)