ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Palais Royale. Toronto - August 16, 2002
Everybody seems to be ready! Are you ready?
For the first time in three years, ladies and gentlemen THE ROLLING STONES!!!
Photo by J.P. Moczulski
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:
Begin PicoSearch Code

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: disturbing news Return to archive
08-12-02 06:23 AM
bez85 jeff beck ain't no rolling stone and never will be, and i doubt he turned them down, probably the other way around..i could never see keith and jeff getting along, the two styles don't mix well..
08-12-02 06:44 AM
stonedinaustralia i can't remeber who to attribute the quote to (maybe keith?)but my recollection of jeff's "audition" in the great guitarist hunt of '75 resulted in keith and jeff "glowering at one another" over their guitars

the pity is, musically it seemed to work... there's a track, dreadfully titled "sexy nite (i love the ladies"), which is keith and jeff and it is all you could hope it would be and perhaps a bit more and if that was the audition imagine what they could have done once they got serious... but that's when the problems would have really started

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-12-02 07:32 AM
F505 The problem is that people like Beck, Clapton (or whatever other great guitar slinger) are too famous to join the Stones. They have a reputation of their own. So it really don't fit. If the Stones want to replace Ronnie (because that's where we're talking about!) they better find a studio player who isn't famous but has the skill.
08-12-02 07:33 AM
Maxlugar I'm not sure it would have worked long term either. There's just not enough "Space For the Papa" in the Stones music for Jeff. He needs to stretch it out to be the real Beck.

We might have gotten one kick ass tour to talk about though. Ronnie was great in '75 anyway.

Funny you mention the worlds greatest guitarist. I spent Friday night making a Jeff Beck starter CD for anyone interested. I was making it for Joey but if anyone else wants it let me know.

It's magically Beckilicious!

That's it...

Oh one more thing:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm YEAH! mmmmmmmmmmaxy!
08-12-02 08:07 AM
nankerphelge You were making it for Joey.

Wow, the end really is near!
08-12-02 09:33 AM
Boomhauer Just let Ronnie fucking play, damn it!!!!!!
08-12-02 09:37 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
Just let Ronnie fucking play, damn it!!!!!!

Boomer & 505, for me at least, this discussion isn't about replacing ronnie, merely contemplating the idea of jeff filling the second/other/not keith guitar spot

as said above, it might be a nice idea in theory but in practice,well...
08-12-02 09:53 AM
Joey "You were making it for Joey.

Wow, the end really is near! "

It's alright Nanky ...............I will send Maxy a " WHO " video !!!!!!!

Jo Jo

08-12-02 10:32 AM
moy can't find the news, please let me know what's going on
08-12-02 05:43 PM
Gazza Dont forget also that Beck was supposed to tour with Jagger in 1988 but he quit in a row over money before the tour started..

His track record personality-wise with both Mick and Keith makes the chances of him ever sharing a stage with the band negligible!
08-12-02 06:00 PM
Staffan Maxy, I'd really like that Beck for starters CD!
I only have Truth/Beck-Ola. I'll mail you about it.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road