ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Palais Royale. Toronto - August 16, 2002
Everybody seems to be ready! Are you ready?
For the first time in three years, ladies and gentlemen THE ROLLING STONES!!!
Photo by J.P. Moczulski
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:
Begin PicoSearch Code

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Garbage As An Opening Act? Return to archive
08-11-02 02:26 AM
Ruskafarian Can anyone confirm this? I know that No Doubt is supposed to open for the Stones at the SkyDome on Oct. 18th (no word yet on who's taking care of the Air Canada Center on the 16th - PLEASE BIG SUGAR!!!)

Anyway, I ran across this article on Friday: http://www.canoe.com/JamMusic/aug8_nodoubt-can.html
It's entitled "No Doubt, Garbage Unveil Joint Tour" and it talks about the bands hitting the circuit together. Now, I recommend you guys check out this article, because there's a tourdate listing and it looks like these two bands make some other stops with the Rolling Stones... (Oct 12th, for example, in Detroit)

Plus, if you go here:
http://www.canoe.ca/Clive/search.html
and type in all the proper criteria, you will see that there are 3 bands listed for October 18th, 2002 at the SkyDome in Toronto: Garbage, No Doubt and The Rolling Stones.

So, will Garbage be touring with No Doubt and The Stones? I personally think that would be amazing - I really like Garbage, saw them open for U2 in Hamilton and I think that they are a great band - an excellent opening act, at the very least.

Can anyone confirm?
08-11-02 11:18 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'd take Shirley Manson over Gwen Steffani any day.
08-11-02 11:55 AM
Mr T SS,

really??

first time I've ever heard that (of course Gwen Stefani now doesn't look as good as she used to)
08-11-02 12:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh yeah, T.

Shirley just has that "I'm gonna fuck ya till ya call for Jesus" look about her. That dangerous, sleazy, filthy, uninhibited look.

Gwen's hot, no doubt(pun intended), but she doesn't look like she could fuck you to death.

08-11-02 02:42 PM
gypsy If I were going to choose between Gwen and Shirley to join me and Keep for a threesome, it would be Gwen.
08-11-02 06:45 PM
Riffhard Gotta go with SS on this one.Shirley Manson has got that super sexy "bitch look/snarl".Although,I hear that Gwen likes to swing from both sides of the plate.So that offers a certain appeal as well!

Riffhard
08-11-02 06:56 PM
Staffan I think all these bands are very unworthy to open for the Stones! It's pathetic! Of all the hundreds of GREAT bands to chose from, they chose the most "hip" ones. Yuck!
08-11-02 07:26 PM
Boomhauer The only thing I don't get is that No Doubt is NOW primarily more of a hip-hop group. Have you heard any of their latest songs? I don't even think most of those guys in the band are even playing on some of those tunes. Back in '95 or '96, they were kind of a punky type band or ska or whatever you wanna call it.

08-11-02 10:37 PM
thunders I like garbage.One of the few new bands I actually like alot
08-11-02 10:41 PM
Mr T SS,

I gotta say I'm surprised to ever hear anyone say that. I'm a huge fan of Gwen - too bad her new look doesn't do her any favors, but I was never ahuge fan of Shirley Manson to begin with. I never thought she was that great looking, but she has surprised me more than once
08-12-02 08:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yo T!

If you are basing you judgement on just how pretty they are...then certainly Gwen wins easily.

But my judgement is based on more than just pretty. Sexy is not determined by just prettiness, and a smokin' body. There is also demeanor, character, personality, intelligence.

Gwen has written some nice lyrics in the past. But mostly lightweight fluff. Shirley, on the other hand has written some heavy duty type material. Check out "I'm Only Happy When It Rains". I love that song...it's so sullen.

Gwen=hot chick, fun sex
Shirley=dangerous chick, primal sex

Just a matter of tastes bro. I go for dangerous looking chicks, and primal jungle fucking every time.
08-12-02 10:25 AM
Mr T I can definitly see your perspective. It's not just that I think Gwen is better looking - the voice alone does it for me - that girl can wail.

no add that to a bitchin' body and you see where I stand...

all just preference though
08-12-02 10:29 AM
Jumacfly Hi everybody!

does anyone know this band called "Cracker"??
they re american, nobody know them here in europe but they fuckin rock!!
they would be great opener IMO.

Sir Stonesalot, i saw Gwen on stage, she s a real bomb, I prefer her than Shirley ...No Doubt became a hip hop band ??
i dont know, but when they played their ska pop punk or whatever you want, they really kicked ass, specially the bass player who s amazing!!

Cheers
08-12-02 10:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man "Just a matter of tastes bro. I go for dangerous looking chicks, and primal jungle fucking every time."

SS, You are the man!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

At the end of the day all that is important in life is sex!

I experienced Primal Jungle Fucking for the first time, two days before my 18th birthday. Phew, those French chicks!

Randy Man Alex

08-12-02 12:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot Jumacfly!

I really dig Cracker....the new album "Forever" is outstanding. I just saw them on Aug 5th. I recorded it. Man, what a fantastic show.

You are so beautiful
You should be guarded by monkeys
You are
So beautiful

I like "Cracker", "Low" & "Forever". All of their discs have some great songs though.

Have you ever heard "Euro-Trash Girl"? Being European, I bet you would find that song pretty funny.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road