ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Palais Royale. Toronto - August 16, 2002
Everybody seems to be ready! Are you ready?
For the first time in three years, ladies and gentlemen THE ROLLING STONES!!!
Photo by J.P. Moczulski
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:
Begin PicoSearch Code

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: thanking mr.d Return to archive
08-09-02 10:58 AM
stonedinaustralia this is to publically acknowledge the fine generosity and true stones spirit of MRD8

thanks to him, i am now the delighted owner of "main street revisited" and "handsome girls" and such good work should not go un-recognized

it was a very cool thing to do

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-09-02 11:03 AM
jb What is the sound quality of the above. I just got another copy of "A few hearts broken, a few strings busted" and it is either good audience or poor soundboard.
08-09-02 11:14 AM
stonedinaustralia "main street revisited" is a mindblowing revelation - a digital remastering that does more than simply do it ("exile" that is) justice but breathes a whole new life into it without, as the liner notes suggest, losing the feel of the original - which is something neither the cbs or virgin efforts could do...also includes some great out-takes - an early working of "shine a light" titled "get a line on you" - the acoustic "all down the line" and more

i'd read others on the board raving about this mickboy stuff and now having heard i can definitely say it's no hype

"handsome girls" is live '78 - more than one show as some numbers are repeated...the sound is excellent and sounds like soundboard to me

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-09-02 11:51 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well, Mickboy has just released 2, count 'em, 2 new remasters...Goat's Head Soup, and Let It Bleed.

Expect a Main St Revisited-like revelation with LIB.

I'll give you a report once the mailman brings 'em to me.
08-09-02 11:58 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well, Mickboy has just released 2, count 'em, 2 new remasters...Goat's Head Soup, and Let It Bleed.

Expect a Main St Revisited-like revelation with LIB.

*slaver*

-tSYX --- Hawwtbreakers! With your Taylor tours!
08-09-02 01:32 PM
padre Yeah, the LIB remaster really is a jawdropper. That one-like every Mickboy remaster-give Bill and Charlie espacially the sound quality they deserve. In the official releases of those older cd's they always sound more or less muddy. But Mickboy really brings they guys right next to your sofa and do their thing!
I thought I'd had enough of HTW by this time, but boy was I wrong! I just can't get enough of that after mr. Mickboy's tratment. Sounds like it was recorded last month! My God, it kicks ass...
Can't wait to hear your comments after you've received your package!
08-09-02 01:36 PM
jb I am interested in purchasing Handsome Girls..please advise and I will send you payment immediately. Thank you.
08-09-02 01:55 PM
Maxlugar Might I ask how this Mickboy does this?

What, does he have the master tapes?

What the hell?

I've always though Let It Bleed sounded very clean and crisp. Does Maxy have shit in his ears?

Developing..........

08-09-02 02:01 PM
padre And I always thought that Zeppelin's official remasters sounded great...till I heard what Mickboy did to IV.
08-09-02 02:13 PM
padre Ah, yes the other question. I don't know how the man does his thing. All I do know that he doesn't use any computers or other digital gadgets. And at least Exile was done from some Japanese vinyl pressing. Then he usually goes back to main street, wawes his magic hand, does his spells, takes a sip of goat's head soup (but only if it's frozen!), gets the fucker by the balls and voila�, you get what you need!
08-09-02 08:23 PM
MRD8 Mick,
You are welcome for the Handsome Girls and Main Street Revisited discs, always glad to help out a "newbie!" Mickboy sent me an email today that my copies of Let It Bleed and Goats Head Soup are on the way...this will be a rare instance when I can't wait for the weekend to be over so I can hear them on Monday! On another note did you get in touch with Tom Bush concerning his L&G DVD remaster Sir S? It is really awesome, I've watched it about a dozen times now...just to see/hear Mick Taylor on Love In Vain is worth the whole thing for me!
08-09-02 08:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Man, I'd love that "Exile" remaster - hell, I'd love to hear all he's remasters!

I have, however one, count 'em, one, boot, and it's not a very good one, to boot (ha ha, no pun intended). Found it at a tiny little store in Harvard Square - found my copy of Bridges there as well.

Anyone interested in a copy of 2002's "Attaxile on Main Street"? It's a few alternate takes off of "Exile" and some rehearsal numbers, a nice backstage boogie with Stu, and five tracks from the afteroon in Perth '73, which I'm sure everyone already has, that's how damn good they were.

To hear them play "Rocks Off" like they did then on this tour...

*slaver, take two*

-tSYX --- Chuck Leavell, I've had it, had it, had it, had it wi'choo!
08-10-02 08:28 AM
MRD8 Man, I'd love that "Exile" remaster - hell, I'd love to hear all he's remasters!
Send me your snail mail address and I'll send you Main Street Revisited...and his other masterpiece Aftermath...
08-10-02 08:54 AM
denis wilson Mrd8 is indeed a true stones fan,he recently sent me handsome girls and it has just blew me away-superb quality.In fact i`m going to nominate mrd8 for a knighthood-arise sir mrd8
08-12-02 12:41 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Send me your snail mail address and I'll send you Main Street Revisited...and his other masterpiece Aftermath...

You are far too kind - snailmail sent!

-tSYX --- We loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove you... platonically, of course.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road