ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Palais Royale. Toronto - August 16, 2002
Everybody seems to be ready! Are you ready?
For the first time in three years, ladies and gentlemen THE ROLLING STONES!!!
Photo by J.P. Moczulski
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:
Begin PicoSearch Code

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Moonlight Mile" film soundtrack (Billboard.com) Return to archive
08-08-02 06:03 PM
Gazza From www.billboard.com via the Bob Dylan "Expecting rain" news page (www.expectingrain.com)

Plant, Dylan, Stones Bask In 'Moonlight Mile'

A Tim Buckley cover from Robert Plant's latest solo album and classics by the likes of the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, and David Bowie will set the mood for upcoming Touchstone film "Moonlight Mile." Due Sept. 24 from Hollywood, the soundtrack boasts little new music, instead concentrating on music congruent with the film's early 1970s setting.

In fact, there are only three among the set's 14-tracks that are newly recorded, one of which is a piece of the film's score by Mark Isham. Plant's version of Buckley's "Song to the Siren" is taken from his recently released Universal debut, "Dreamland," while U.K. modern rock outfit Travis contributes the previously unreleased song "Love Will Come Through."

Elsewhere the set features tunes from the late 1960s and early '70s, some familiar and some more obscure. Among the highlights are two songs by Sly & The Family Stone ("I Wanna Take You Higher" and "Everybody Is a Star"), as well as tracks by the Ohio Players ("Fire"), Jefferson Airplane ("Comin' Back to Me"), Dylan ("Buckets of Rain"), and Elton John ("Razor Face").

Familiar to television viewers will be T. Rex's "Twentieth Century Boy," which is featured in a current Mitsubishi ad, while more obscure cuts are likely to stump many listeners. Among those are David Bowie's "Sweet Head," from 1972's "The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust" (recently reissued in a deluxe package by EMI); Van Morrison's "I'll Be Your Lover Too" from 1970's "His Band and the Street Choir"; and the Stones' "Moonlight Mile," the closing track from the band's 1971 album "Sticky Fingers."

Starring Jake Gyllenhall, Susan Sarandon, Dustin Hoffman, and Holly Hunter, "Moonlight Mile" is loosely based on the murder of actress Rebecca Schaeffer ("My Sister Sam"), who at the time of her death was engaged to the film's writer/director Brad Silberling. The plot centers on Gyllenhall's role as a bereaved husband-to-be and the dilemma created when he begins to unexpectedly fall for another woman. The film opens Sept. 27 in U.S. theaters.

Here is the full "Moonlight Mile" soundtrack listing:

"I Wanna Take You Higher," Sly & The Family Stone
"Love Will Come Through," Travis
"Twentieth Century Boy," T. Rex
"Fire," Ohio Players
"Moonlight Mile," Rolling Stones
"Sweet Head," David Bowie
"Everybody Is a Star," Sly & The Family Stone
"I Hear You Knockin'," Dave Edmunds
"Razor Face," Elton John
"I'll Be Your Lover Too," Van Morrison
"The Telling," Mark Isham (score)
"Comin' Back to Me," Jefferson Airplane
"Buckets of Rain," Bob Dylan
"Song to the Siren," Robert Plant

08-08-02 11:55 PM
Martha Thanks for posting this article Gazza.

I've heard about this film and am looking forward to seeing it, but now that I've seen the soundtrack I'll be ready to pick up that when it's released. Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't heard all of Robert's new album, although I caught him performing "Darkness Darkness" on Letterman in July. I love him. Am picking it up this weekend and look forward to hearing it all the way through. If I luck out and get to see this WHO show the 28th I 'll see Robert too.. keeping my fingers crossed!

And want to get the Bowie re-release of Ziggy with the added stuff. Thanks for reminding me on that!

I also hear Bowie's latest "Heathen" is excellent. Has anyone heard it? I haven't been able to pick it up yet.

Martha

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road