ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio da Dragao, Oporto, Portugal - 12th August 2996
© Juanillo!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Emotional Resque live ever? wonder why?......... Return to archive
12th August 2006 03:13 PM
IanBillen How come they never did this one live? To my knowledge they never did this one live. Did they? Is it a little too cliche'? Is the falsetto too much? Would the falsetto and all the antics seem too silly live in this day and age? I mean they could speed it up and make it more concert like as they do other tunes if they needed. Just wondering? Any answers

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
12th August 2006 03:20 PM
pdog Mick Jagger hates Us!
12th August 2006 03:28 PM
MrPleasant I'm going to put that album tonight. That will be my consolation. Then I'm going to have sex until I drop twenty pounds.

Just kidding, I don't have sex.
12th August 2006 03:36 PM
Gazza well they didnt tour behind ER and they only played two songs per show from it the next time they went on the road ('81-82), namely Let me Go and Shes So Cold.

I think the reason they never played it is two-fold. Most fans thought it was a clunker and Jagger would have too much difficulty hitting those high notes in concert. Even more so nowadays. They'll never play it.
12th August 2006 04:51 PM
FrankiePeppers Just one more great song that Mick overlooks every time. The list of the unplayed and rarely played is shameful.

courtesy of Time Is On Our Side, the never played:
http://www.timeisonourside.com/stonesongs2.html

[Edited by FrankiePeppers]
12th August 2006 04:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
Just one more great song that Mick overlooks every time. The list of the unplayed and rarely played is shameful.

courtesy of Time Is On Our Side, the never played:
http://www.timeisonourside.com/stonesongs2.html

[Edited by FrankiePeppers]

Grr.....

http://rocksoff.org/releasedsongsneverperformed.htm

12th August 2006 05:00 PM
RollingstonesUSA
12th August 2006 05:03 PM
ExileInLA 2 reasons:

1) this song SUCKS.
2) mick sounds swful on it.
12th August 2006 06:23 PM
FrankiePeppers
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Grr.....

sorry Gazza, I didn't realize that RO had this available.
12th August 2006 06:27 PM
Taptrick
I like ER. It sounds fresh. Electric. Unusual. Unque. Good harmonies. Nice sax. Great bass line. Creative bridges. Unexplored territory.

12th August 2006 07:44 PM
maumau
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

I like ER. It sounds fresh. Electric. Unusual. Unque. Good harmonies. Nice sax. Great bass line. Creative bridges. Unexplored territory.

agree
and those reasons (why they'll never play it) are good only because nowadays they tend to stick to the record version of any song. They could rock it out if they want. i have the little bite of Liz Phair live cover and it sounds good and sexy even if a little punkish
12th August 2006 07:55 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Grr.....

Holy shit. This is worse than I thought. Some of my favorites are on this list. For example:

The Singer Not The Song
Blue Turns To Grey
Back Street Girl
Child Of The Moon
Dear Doctor
Jigsaw Puzzle
Winter
Till The Next Goodbye
Time Waits For No One
If You Really Want To Be My Friend
I'd Much Rather Be With The Boys
Memo From Turner
Emotional Rescue
Down In The Hole
Where The Boys Go
Gunface

This is very discouraging.
I mean...JIGSAW PUZZLE...for fuck's sake!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
12th August 2006 08:15 PM
glencar Those 3 ballads off IORR would be much more interesting than YGAGWYW yrt again.
12th August 2006 08:21 PM
RollingstonesUSA 1.Brown Sugar
2.Oh No, Not You Again
3.Shattered
4.Rough Justice
5.Moonlight Mile
6.Streets Of Love
7.Under My Thumb
8.Monkey Man
9.Bitch
10.Street Fighting Man(Introducions)
11.Infamy(Keith)
12.Little T & A(Keith)
13.Emotional Rescue(To B-Stage)
14.She Saw Me Coming(B-Stage)
15.She's So Cold(B-Stage)
16.Tumbling Dice(Back To Main Stage)
17.Out Of Control
18.Rip This Joint
19.Start Me Up
20.Jumpin' Jack Flash
"ENCORE"
21.Sympathy For The Devil
22.Satisfaction
12th August 2006 09:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Holy shit. This is worse than I thought.

tell me about it. Exactly 40% of their entire released back catalogue has never been played in concert, an amazing statistic for a band who next week will play their 2,000th concert in 44 years
12th August 2006 11:17 PM
IanBillen
Mick would have no problem hitting the high notes. His voice is as versatile now, amazingly, if not more than it ever has been. His new vocal coach has given Jaggers voice a new lease on life. Just look at LIND off of A Bigger Bang. also from what everyone is saying that on this tour his vox are out-of-sight. Mick can still do falsetto with-out any problem. I do not know if he could pull that off at every single show.... or through the whole bit. But I am not sure he could of done that every show even back in the day. I am sure he could shorten a few lines in the falsetto thing and still get away with it without killing his voice.

I think ER would seem kinda silly now is the main reason.

Ian
13th August 2006 10:31 AM
Some Guy great song great album, good day.
13th August 2006 10:43 AM
speedfreakjive why?

as Gazza says, it would be to hard to play, and its not popular enough
13th August 2006 11:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Mick would have no problem hitting the high notes. His voice is as versatile now, amazingly, if not more than it ever has been. His new vocal coach has given Jaggers voice a new lease on life. Just look at LIND off of A Bigger Bang. also from what everyone is saying that on this tour his vox are out-of-sight. Mick can still do falsetto with-out any problem. I do not know if he could pull that off at every single show.... or through the whole bit. But I am not sure he could of done that every show even back in the day. I am sure he could shorten a few lines in the falsetto thing and still get away with it without killing his voice.

I think ER would seem kinda silly now is the main reason.

Ian

Worried About You isnt as "high" as Emotional Rescue and when he hits the falsetto on that in concert these days, he's screeching - not singing

LIND is a great vocal, but its hardly much of a physical stretch for his voice. His range ISNT as wide as it used to be, I think any 'coaching' is more a case of making better use of the range he HAS than in actually giving him the ability to hit notes that he couldnt before.

His voice is also a lot more fragile an instrument than before - proof of which is the fact that he is on doctor's orders NOT to perform two nights in a row
13th August 2006 01:02 PM
Soldatti Can't stand this song but any change in the setlist would be great.
13th August 2006 01:04 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
why?

as Gazza says, it would be to hard to play, and its not popular enough

Plus it's crap
13th August 2006 01:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

Plus it's crap

In fairness, I kinda said that too... !
13th August 2006 01:27 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

Plus it's crap

blasphemy!

13th August 2006 01:35 PM
Taptrick
The statements "I belive" carry a lot more weight than "it is". Soemthing is not crap or great because you think it is. When we try to express opinion as fact out here....it just carries less weight.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)