ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio da Dragao, Oporto, Portugal - 12th August 2996
© Juanillo!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: just curious... Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th August 2006 04:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Dude...just GO.

Is you an old man, or is you an old woman...I can't tell....
11th August 2006 04:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

I am not permitted to go out to Bars or Clubs ever since the
Susan Lucci incident.

Details please! My curiosity is piqued!
11th August 2006 04:22 PM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Details please! My curiosity is piqued!

At one time, I had a thing for petite Italian girls....but those days are long over and I am now the consumate family man and father of 3.....15yrs of marital bliss...
11th August 2006 04:24 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

At one time, I had a thing for petite Italian girls....but those days are long over and I am now the consumate family man and father of 3.....15yrs of marital bliss...

I can relate. I always had a thing for petite Italian boys myself...
11th August 2006 04:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
my friends band "New Heathens" gig in NC a lot. They'll be in Raleigh on Sept 1. Ck em out if you can. I'll make sure they throw a Stones cover in the set for ya.

I remember those guys, wonder if Chuck is still with them? The Crowes need some Chuck.
11th August 2006 04:36 PM
jb I enjoyed the work of STP before they broke up.....it's a shame that bands like the original Guns and Roses, STP's, and a few other could not sustain it....I enjoy the Crowes and will pay to see them.
11th August 2006 04:36 PM
Slavegirl Nice choices in music, sir Stonesalot!!I go to small venues around L.A./ Long Beach/ Huntington Beach all the time. I've seen tons of Emo/Punk rock bands, some by choice some from just being in bars. Some notables as of late are Tiger Army, the Horrorpops, Eagles of Death Metal, Duane Peters (in whatever band he was playing with at the time), and some random hilarious Ramones tribute band with really bad wigs and a surprisingly good sound. I go to mostly all small venues, the only big shows I've been to in the past year were the Stones and Depeche Mode. Small shows are where it's at as far as the music scene goes, some really interesting things go on when a band is still small and new with alot to prove. Alot of times when bands sell out enough to play big arenas they become completely boring.
11th August 2006 04:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Thanks SG.

I have a theme song for you...

Check out "Slave Girl" by a band called The Lime Spiders.

Damn. Now every time I hear that song, I'll think of you...
11th August 2006 05:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
I am not permitted to go out to Bars or Clubs ever since the
Susan Lucci incident.

I did a photo shoot for her once. Never again. She's beyond bitch.

The only pleasant part of being around her was when she would lock herself in the bathroom.
11th August 2006 06:30 PM
mrhipfl I don't think it matters how big the venue is unless you're really far away and have trouble hearing or seeing. All that matters is the band that is playing and the people surrounding you. One of the stones (i forgot who) even said that there's no real difference because they only play to the first few rows, no matter how many people are there.
11th August 2006 06:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot But dude that's the whole thing...only the people in the first few rows actually feel like they are part of the show.

At a small gig EVERYONE feels like the band is playing just for them.

It is a HUGE difference.

See, for someone like me...I've seen pretty much everyone I wanna see that plays big venues. I don't NEED to go to any more big shows. I'll make special exceptions for The Stones, Dylan & Neil because those guys are personal icons for me. And they don't play many small scale shows...Dylan will still go relatively small every now and then...but that's about it.

After going to so many club shows, when I go to a big shed or stadium, I feel so DETATCHED from everything. It just is NOT a personal experience for me. And I'm sorry, but if I'm paying more than $50.00 to see a show...it damn well SHOULD be a personal experience. But a club show...damn for $12.00 you get all the personal experience that you could possibly want! Yeah, I know, some folks don't like getting sweaty and bumped into by strangers and stuff...but that stuff doesn't bother me. I kinda enjoy it, in fact.

That's the thing, the difference. It's the personal experience...that participatory thing that I enjoy so much. I'm sure it's not for everyone though...
11th August 2006 07:49 PM
mrhipfl Yeah, I agree with you. What I meant was as long as you're close to the band, it doesn't matter how many people are standing behind you, or if they're singing along or whatever.
11th August 2006 10:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot As long as you are close to the band....nail on head stuff there my man.

I've been right up close for The Stones, Bob, Neil...and it's like magic. But I've also been far back away in a huge stadium or arena...and it kinda blows. The key is getting close...infinately easier to do at a club than in a stadium or arena.

But I didn't used to feel that way until I started going to club gigs and getting that up close personal experience. Now it's really hard to go to big shows. I mean I consider Roseland or the Nokia or The Whitacker as big shows...and I don't think any of those joints holds over 1000 people. If I'm not in there in the action...I have a hard time connecting. It's just easier to do in a club.
11th August 2006 10:54 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
But dude that's the whole thing...only the people in the first few rows actually feel like they are part of the show.

At a small gig EVERYONE feels like the band is playing just for them.

It is a HUGE difference.

See, for someone like me...I've seen pretty much everyone I wanna see that plays big venues. I don't NEED to go to any more big shows. I'll make special exceptions for The Stones, Dylan & Neil because those guys are personal icons for me. And they don't play many small scale shows...Dylan will still go relatively small every now and then...but that's about it.

After going to so many club shows, when I go to a big shed or stadium, I feel so DETATCHED from everything. It just is NOT a personal experience for me. And I'm sorry, but if I'm paying more than $50.00 to see a show...it damn well SHOULD be a personal experience. But a club show...damn for $12.00 you get all the personal experience that you could possibly want! Yeah, I know, some folks don't like getting sweaty and bumped into by strangers and stuff...but that stuff doesn't bother me. I kinda enjoy it, in fact.

That's the thing, the difference. It's the personal experience...that participatory thing that I enjoy so much. I'm sure it's not for everyone though...

Perfectly put. My feelings exactly.
12th August 2006 03:28 AM
Throwaway I've seen a few hot bands in small venues, but most of the clubs near me (i.e. Rams Head in Annapolis and Baltimore) are only for ages 21+. Guess youngsters washed the marker off their hands and fooled one too many bartenders. Gay.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)