ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio da Dragao, Oporto, Portugal - 12th August 2996
© Juanillo!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: See the Stones For Half-Price! Return to archive
11th August 2006 09:54 AM
GotToRollMe http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200wales/tm_objectid=17544548&method=full&siteid=50082&headline=stones--concert-tickets-now-half-price-name_page.html

Stones' concert tickets now half priceAug 11 2006

Claire Hill, Western Mail

FANS of The Rolling Stones are taking advantage of half-price tickets for the rockers' concert at the Millennium Stadium later this month.

Tickets which were selling for £90 now been halved to £45 with no booking fee.

The concert, which will be held on August 29, has not sold out and the special deal is being offered on website lastminute.com.

However, the tickets are still full price when booked through the Millennium Stadium's ticket office.

Following Madonna's lead when she came to Wales last month, the top tickets to see Mick Jagger and the rest of his band are £150.

For the very rich Rolling Stones fan there are still a number of tickets available for the £340 "on stage experience" which would give the holder limited backstage access.

11th August 2006 09:56 AM
Jumacfly bastards!
11th August 2006 10:09 AM
gimmekeef I'm taking myself then.......extra leg room!
11th August 2006 10:27 AM
glencar Wow, let's hope they do this for Giants Stadium too!
11th August 2006 10:51 AM
Gazza Humiliation

serves them fucking right for making us pay twice as much for tickets than the rest of Europe
11th August 2006 10:52 AM
Jumping Jack DIFTK
11th August 2006 10:59 AM
Gazza that will no doubt be the "official" line!!!
11th August 2006 01:48 PM
voodoopug Thankfully the kids will get a discount, but this is humiliating for both the band and for true fans....we are now a "K-Mart" blue light special!
11th August 2006 02:06 PM
glencar At least they haven't struck a deal with WALMART (see Black Crowes).
[Edited by glencar]
11th August 2006 02:09 PM
pdog Tours are now selling tickets like cut out CD's...
ABB can be found in cut out bins too!
11th August 2006 02:10 PM
glencar Can it really? Btw it's quite hot here today.
11th August 2006 02:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
At least they haven't struck a deal with WALMART (see Black Crowes).
[Edited by glencar]

having an exclusive CD offer at Walmart still beats hawking ABB at Starbucks right alongside all the other adult contemporary elevator rock.

if you're pushing your CD at Starbucks you might as well just stick a Warning Sticker on ABB that reads:
WARNING!
ALBUM CONTAINS BLAND MUSIC
11th August 2006 03:52 PM
jb Pathetic and appalling attendance worldwide this tour.....thank goodness for the 89k at Palais De Sade and 50k at Nice........................Great Britain, like NA, has really let the band down and vice versa.
11th August 2006 03:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Great Britain, like NA, has really let the band down

at double the ticket prices for the rest of Europe, I would say that the opposite is actually more accurate. To be honest, they dont deserve to still have an audience here with the shit theyve pulled on their fanbase here over the last few years and (with the exception of 2003) the relatively small number of shows.

That may explain the large number of UK fans (like myself) who decided to skip many UK shows and grab cheap flights to fly to sunnier climes this summer.

Theyve actually sold about 220,000 tickets in the UK this year - more than ever before, despite the average ticket price being far higher than in 2003. Equivalent to 1.1 million in the US. Hardly a figure to sneeze at.
[Edited by Gazza]
11th August 2006 03:59 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

at double the ticket prices for the rest of Europe, I would say that the opposite is actually more accurate. To be honest, they dont deserve to still have an audience here with the shit theyve pulled on their fanbase here over the last few years and (with the exception of 2003) the relatively small number of shows.

That may explain the large number of UK fans (like myself) who decided to skip many UK shows and grab cheap flights to fly to sunnier climes this summer.

Theyve actually sold about 220,000 tickets in the UK this year - more than ever before, despite the average ticket price being far higher than in 2003. Equivalent to 1.1 million in the US. Hardly a figure to sneeze at.
[Edited by Gazza]

Thanks for the update Gazza...and understandably Great Britain , like us, has more important things to worry about than a RS concert....godspeed to you.
11th August 2006 04:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

having an exclusive CD offer at Walmart still beats hawking ABB at Starbucks right alongside all the other adult contemporary elevator rock.

if you're pushing your CD at Starbucks you might as well just stick a Warning Sticker on ABB that reads:
WARNING!
ALBUM CONTAINS BLAND MUSIC

Keep in prespective sway, even you are smarter than this!! Both events are humiliating to say the least (walmart and starbucks) and should NEVER be used as ammo against someone else, because no one wins....we all look humbled!
11th August 2006 04:10 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Keep in prespective sway, even you are smarter than this!! Both events are humiliating to say the least (walmart and starbucks) and should NEVER be used as ammo against someone else, because no one wins....we all look humbled!

Hello Pug...see you called..was in court most of day withnegative result. Will be working all weekend on appeal....enjoy your weekend while I work to further secure my family's future.
11th August 2006 04:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks for the update Gazza...and understandably Great Britain , like us, has more important things to worry about than a RS concert....godspeed to you.

thank you, Brother Josh. It shall be "Business as usual"!
[Edited by Gazza]
11th August 2006 04:25 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

thank you, Brother Josh. It shall be "Business as usual"!
[Edited by Gazza]

Indeed...they only "win" if we let them. Sadly, I often think what an unfortunate world my kids are going to live in...In the 70's and 80's we had a care-free attitude and never had to deal with the threat of global terrorism....
11th August 2006 04:41 PM
time is on my side Hey, has anyone else got the bad news. Seems to me I recall a thread on this a few weeks back. I immediately cancelled but it seems they will keep my money for a few months before the charge it back to my credit card.

Greetings,

Thank you! Your RollingStones.com membership has automatically renewed.

Username:
RollingStones.com Membership: Legacy Platinum
Next Renewal Date: 08/11/07
The credit card on file has been charged $ 100.00 on 08/11/06.

As a returning member, you can look forward to enjoying advanced "Legacy" ticket access, continuing tour coverage in Virtual Ticket, full site access and new members-only sign-up gifts including an "A Bigger Bang" Fan Club DVD, embroidered hat and a RollingStones.com personalized member ID card.

If you do not wish to continue your membership, and you have NOT redeemed a presale passcode since your account renewed, you have up to 60 days to cancel and receive a full credit of these membership dues. Simply follow the Cancel My Account prompts available within the My Account section of RollingStones.com. http://myaccount.RollingStones.com

RollingStones.com Billing Department

www.RollingStones.com
If you have any questions, please visit http://www.RollingStones.com/help
12th August 2006 05:28 PM
Gazza I posted a warning about this some months ago. I DONT recall the "automatic renewal" option being there when I joined...I think it was added later, without any notice.

A fucking cheek - most people would send you a reminder telling you your membership is about to expire, but not rs.com - theyre too preoccupied with stupid fucking t-shirt offers

Go into 'my account' and you can mail them and cancel the membership and ask for a refund. I think it saus it may take 30 days.
13th August 2006 09:59 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I posted a warning about this some months ago. I DONT recall the "automatic renewal" option being there when I joined...I think it was added later, without any notice.

A fucking cheek - most people would send you a reminder telling you your membership is about to expire, but not rs.com - theyre too preoccupied with stupid fucking t-shirt offers

Go into 'my account' and you can mail them and cancel the membership and ask for a refund. I think it saus it may take 30 days.

This from a group of dimwits that expects us to pay $300 for a pair of lame sunglasses!...Mine are still on backorder.....
13th August 2006 10:00 AM
Gazza you ordered a pair? And youre calling THEM 'dimwits' ?
13th August 2006 10:10 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you ordered a pair? And youre calling THEM 'dimwits' ?

Even I'm not that gullible.....just a joke my friend...lol
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)