ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio da Dragao, Oporto, Portugal - 12th August 2996
© Juanillo!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ted Nugent: People Who Hunting Is Bad, Can Kiss My Ass Return to archive
10th August 2006 03:26 PM
RollingstonesUSA Brent Frazee of The Mercury News reports that the first thing you have to know about Ted Nugent is that he isn't going to apologize to anyone for hunting.

"I've got a message for all those people who think hunting is so terrible," he says. "They can kiss my (behind).

"People will say to me, 'All you want to do is kill things.' But if that was true, I'd be out there with a grenade launcher.

"People who don't hunt don't realize how spiritual it is to hunt with a bow. They don't realize how close that animal has to be before you can get off a shot.

"It's not just the killing. But I'm not going to apologize for that part. That's part of hunting."

Of course, some more conservative hunters grimace when Nugent shows a kill in detail on his television show or when he launches into a rant about the thrill of the kill.

"He's a loose cannon, covering the trails with washtubs of blood," Glenn St. Charles, founder of the national Pope & Young Bow hunting club, told Outside magazine.

David Petersen, editor of the book "A Hunter's Heart", was even more pointed.

"He's obnoxious, brash and a bully," Peterson told the magazine. "He embodies and magnifies aspects of hunting that the general public detests."

But there's little question that Nugent has a loyal following, too.

"Ted has his facts down," said Dick Mauch, director of the Archery Manufacturers Organization. "He is very articulate and is also bold, honest, not shy or afraid to meet any challenge."

But it's the support that comes from unlikely sources that Nugent takes the most pride in.

"At every one of my programs, I'll have people come up to me and say, 'You know, I was an anti-hunter before I came in here, but you've changed my mind,' " Nugent says. "I'm (57) years old, but the young people still connect with me.

"When they see me on TV celebrating the killing of a deer, they notice. A lot of these kids hated hunting until they starting listening to me and started learning what it's all about."

Read more at www.mercurynews.com.
10th August 2006 05:20 PM
Chuck Will he tell the folks who think draft dodging is bad to kiss his ass?

10th August 2006 06:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Is he still ranting about that? He must like to see his name in the papers or something. They should news-black out-him.
11th August 2006 07:22 AM
corgi37 He's such a fucking hero.

Where was he during Nam?

Oh thats right.

Fuckwit.
11th August 2006 08:05 AM
danielharris627 Lol, Ted is fucking mad
11th August 2006 08:59 AM
not bound to please
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
"People who don't hunt don't realize how spiritual it is to hunt with a bow. They don't realize how close that animal has to be before you can get off a shot.

silence of the lambs?
12th August 2006 03:06 PM
Chuck DRAFT DODGER RAG

(Phil Ochs)

I'm just a typical American boy from a typical American town
I believe in God and Senator Todd and keeping old Castro down
And when it came my time to serve I knew better dead than red
But when I got to my old draft board, buddy, this is what I said:
Sarge, I'm only eighteen, I got a ruptured spleen
And I always carry a purse
I got eyes like a bat, my feet are flat, and my asthma's
getting worse
O think of my career, my sweetheart dear, and my poor old
invalid aunt
Besides, I ain't no fool, I'm a goin' to school, and I'm
working in a defense plant
I've got a dislocated disc and a racked up back
I'm allergic to flowers and bugs
And when bombshells hit, I get epileptic fits
And I'm addicted to a thousand drugs
I got the weakness woes, I can't touch my toes
I can hardly touch my knees
And if the enemy came close to me
I'd probably start to sneeze
I hate Chou En Lai, and I hope he dies,
but one thing you gotta see
That someone's gotta go over there
but that someone isn't me
So I wish you well, Sarge, give 'em Hell
Yeah kill me a thousand or more
And if you ever get a war without blood and gore
Well I'll be the first to go
12th August 2006 03:30 PM
MrPleasant This has turned me off of ass-kissing.
12th August 2006 03:56 PM
Dan Damn Yankees is on the Boneyard right now. Not that bad.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)