ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio da Dragao, Oporto, Portugal - 12th August 2996
© Juanillo!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dude from Kasabian Slags Off the Stones Return to archive
10th August 2006 06:51 AM
justinkurian Dude from Kasabian Slags Off the Stones

Nice one! Tom Meighan, the lead singer of Kasabian, who are opening for the Rolling Stones for some dates in the U.S., was under the impression that his band would have to buy tickets to see the Stones play at those shows. Making things infinitely worse, Meighan went on British TV and complained about Stones tickets costing “200 quid,” then blamed some faceless “Americans.”

First of all, dude, you are in Kasabian. Can we start with that? Opening for the Stones is the best thing that’s ever happened to you! Besides being an ingrate, you are also an idiot, because obviously you don’t have to pay to hear the Stones if you’re their support band. You should mortgage your incense-stinking East London apartment for the chance to watch the Stones every night anyway.

Meighan went on to release a weak, cliche-filled retraction which said that opening for the Stones is a “dream come true,” before slithering off to his dressing room.

-- Rolling Stone
10th August 2006 07:00 AM
Gazza Two facts

1) IF the opening band WERE charged to watch the Stones, that would be scandalous and his grievances would be perfectly justified. It wasnt the case as it turned out but it was reported a few days ago it WAS going to happen (and looking at the way the Stones operate these days, would anyone find it THAT unbelievable?)

2) £200 for a concert ticket (its actually £350 for an onstage box) is a fucking outrage

Kasabian, however, were VERY gracious onstage in Nice the other night in their praise for the Stones. Pity the Stones didnt afford them the courtesy of a decent sound system however.

Original story here :
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=20653

Retraction here :
http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/35010366
[Edited by Gazza]
10th August 2006 07:00 AM
mrhipfl Kasabian sucked in Switzerland. the lovebugs, who were on before them were way better.
10th August 2006 09:28 AM
corgi37 Never heard of the fellow or his band.
10th August 2006 09:35 AM
Jumacfly good band, never seen them live.
10th August 2006 09:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think the singer from Kasabian is spot on about everything. Slagging off the prices AND praising the Stones. He wasn’t directly having a pop at the boys anyway.

10th August 2006 12:18 PM
Steel Wheels Never heard of the bloke. Maybe never will.
10th August 2006 12:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Never heard of the bloke. Maybe never will.

well..you just have!
10th August 2006 01:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot Opening for the Stones is the best thing that ever happened to Kasabian? LOL!!!

I'd think selling a couple million copies of their album is probably a LOT better than opening for the Stones. In fact, I bet that Kasabian's album has far outsold A Bigger Bang.

I don't blame the guy at all. He was given some bad info...where the info came from, I don't know...and he called them out. In the same circumstance, any one of us woulda done the same thing.
10th August 2006 01:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't blame the guy at all. He was given some bad info...where the info came from, I don't know...and he called them out. In the same circumstance, any one of us woulda done the same thing.

nah. I bet we each would of forked over $500 for the tickets just like we all had been doing all tour.

we are beyond fans. We are zombies.
10th August 2006 01:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot >we are beyond fans. We are zombies.<

Well, I used to be like that.

ABB snapped me out of it though...
10th August 2006 01:56 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>we are beyond fans. We are zombies.<

Me too..I really gave up all hope after that pile of shit.....I was really suckered intoi think they had one last classic in them...At this point, I would settle for something that I am not embarrassed to listen to..
10th August 2006 02:50 PM
glencar Dangerous Beauty is awesome, dudes!
10th August 2006 09:30 PM
Soldatti Dangerous Beauty is single material.
10th August 2006 10:58 PM
Kilroy I have to say he must be some type of idiot, he did not really believe as a opening act act he would have to pay. That's a dumb ass, he needs to go snipe hunting.
[Edited by Kilroy]
10th August 2006 11:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Dangerous Beauty has one of the lamest riffs The Stones have ever committed to tape.

Single material?

Yeah, a single sheet of toilet paper....
10th August 2006 11:39 PM
gorda Well, I have been thinking this over and . . .

I changed my mind!

When, you go see a play, do the secondary character actors get to enjoy the rest of the play, once they finish their scene? NO! So, just because they are part of the show does not entitle them to a front-row-center-seat!

They can watch from the sidelines, if there is room, but it is ludicrous of them to expect a seat in the audience!
11th August 2006 07:29 AM
Gazza 1) Its not a play

2) no one mentioned anything about expecting a front row centre seat - it was to do with available room at the side of the stage.

3) the actors youre talking about are still part of the entire performance (whereas a concert with an opening act is two completely separate events) and would even be likely to be brought back onstage at the end for the final bows. They would also be able to watch the performance from the wings anyway

No comparison

[Edited by Gazza]
11th August 2006 08:50 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>we are beyond fans. We are zombies.<

What will snap you out of being an arsehole?

I'm just posting so you will not be able to read the thread...
11th August 2006 08:51 AM
not bound to please
quote:
gorda wrote:
Well, I have been thinking this over and . . .

Please don't hurt yourself!
11th August 2006 09:29 PM
gorda Kasabian was wrong to expect seats in the audience! Watching from the sidelines is one thing, but to expect a seat with the audience!

Do the secondary character actors in plays get to sit down and watch the rest of the play after they're done with their bit? NO!

They can watch from the sidelines, if there's room and they are not in the way, but that is it!

P.S. Also, when I worked in fastfood restaurants, we always got free food, but we had to eat it in the back. We could not eat in the dining room with all the customers! Plus, there were certain items on the menu that we could not eat. Like salads. We could not get any of the pre-made salads.
11th August 2006 09:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:
Kasabian was wrong to expect seats in the audience! Watching from the sidelines is one thing, but to expect a seat with the audience!

Do the secondary character actors in plays get to sit down and watch the rest of the play after they're done with their bit? NO!

They can watch from the sidelines, if there's room and they are not in the way, but that is it!

Jesus..read the story again - they expected to watch the show from the sidelines, not in the audience. Do try and keep up, love....

For what its worth, Ive seen a couple of support acts at Stones shows take their seats to watch the main event after theyve finished on previous tours. Doubt they paid, somehow
[Edited by Gazza]
11th August 2006 11:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot >What will snap you out of being an arsehole?<

I dunno...maybe if you would flush yourself down a toilet. That might do it.

Arsehole...who the fuck says arsehole anyway? Well, obviously homewrecking psychobitchs with dementia and reality issues...but besides that, does anyone really say that? I mean here in the US, of course. No. No one. Just the psychobitchs.

So, you know, bring it on over here dipshit. What's the matter, can't harrass me over at the Couch because I don't open your posts? It bugs you that much that you have to bring it over to RO? You can harrass me as much as you want. I mean, it's not like you haven't been banned here before. And it's only a matter of time before they do it again. Because you can't help yourself. It's like that with crazy people.

So please, just save Gary and Gerardo some time and headache and just leave now.

And get some therapy that works. Cause whatever you were doing before ain't cutting it.

Ta!
11th August 2006 11:34 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>What will snap you out of being an arsehole?<

I dunno...maybe if you would flush yourself down a toilet. That might do it.

Arsehole...who the fuck says arsehole anyway? Well, obviously homewrecking psychobitchs with dementia and reality issues...but besides that, does anyone really say that? I mean here in the US, of course. No. No one. Just the psychobitchs.

So, you know, bring it on over here dipshit. What's the matter, can't harrass me over at the Couch because I don't open your posts? It bugs you that much that you have to bring it over to RO? You can harrass me as much as you want. I mean, it's not like you haven't been banned here before. And it's only a matter of time before they do it again. Because you can't help yourself. It's like that with crazy people.

So please, just save Gary and Gerardo some time and headache and just leave now.

And get some therapy that works. Cause whatever you were doing before ain't cutting it.

Ta!

You spent a lot of time typing this. Congratulations. It makes me feel warm inside when the "special" people try so hard.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)