ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio da Dragao, Oporto, Portugal - 12th August 2996
© Juanillo!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Le Palais Nikaia , Nice, France Tue Aug 8 2006 Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
9th August 2006 01:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I was laying out on the 2nd floor of the Buckhead Ritz last year, and unbeknowst to me, Tim Roes strolls out and I say hello..He acted kind of stand-offish. Later I met him again in Arkansas and he was nice enough to take a photo with my kids....lol

fantastic story JB! I'm sure your son will long cherish the memories of meeting a trumpet player from the stones horn section. And I know that one day he will be able to use the story to impress young ladies.

As you know, Ries is quite popular amongst the Dutch. A local legend.

Thus, you were fortunate to greet him in Arkansas... had you encountered him in Amsterdam, I fear he may of shunned you do to the overwhelming demands often made on him by his loyal Dutch fanbase.

btw, I was unaware that Buckhead has a RC? I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton in mid-town Atlanta. Very nice. But I'd much prefer to stay in Buckhead next time down there. Theres absolutely nothing around the mid-town Atl one! And I always get stuck taking cabs into Buckhead.

9th August 2006 01:54 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

fantastic story JB! I'm sure your son will long cherish the memories of meeting a trumpet player from the stones horn section. And I know that one day he will be able to use the story to impress young ladies.

As you know, Ries is quite popular amongst the Dutch. A local legend.

Thus, you were fortunate to greet him in Arkansas... had you encountered him in Amsterdam, I fear he may of shunned you do to the overwhelming demands often made on him by his loyal Dutch fanbase.

btw, I was unaware that Buckhead has a RC? I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton in mid-town Atlanta. Very nice. But I'd much prefer to stay in Buckhead next time down there. Theres absolutely nothing around the mid-town Atl one! And I always get stuck taking cabs into Buckhead.

LOL...I was a bit embarrassed but the kids were excited to meet anyone in the band..Daryl and Chuck were very nice, but Bernard was by far the friendliest.
The Ritz is located directly across from the lennox Mall in Buckhead and is quite lovely.
9th August 2006 01:59 PM
Saint Sway Thats cool. Bernards so chill.

Ron Wood scared Rich Robinson's kids at the Chateau Marmont!

it seems small children are easily frightened by hoarse, smelly, drunken vampire types.
9th August 2006 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Thats cool. Bernards so chill.

Ron Wood scared Rich Robinson's kids at the Chateau Marmont!

it seems small children are easily frightened by hoarse, smelly, drunken vampire types.

Are the Crowes and Stones friendly? Why they have never been an opener is beyond me!
9th August 2006 02:02 PM
Madafaka Great job Jeep! Thank you so much!
9th August 2006 02:05 PM
jb tHANKS SOOOO MUCH jEEP!!
9th August 2006 02:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Are the Crowes and Stones friendly? Why they have never been an opener is beyond me!

they've opened for the Stones on the Voodoo tour. Wembley...

they're all friendly. They've partied hard together. Mick has come to their shows. Ronnie's played onstage with them. Obviously Chuck too. They've invited Chris into the studio in LA to ck out their sessions. Mick has recorded demos here in NY with Rich...
9th August 2006 02:15 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

they've opened for the Stones on the Voodoo tour. Wembley...

they're all friendly. They've partied hard together. Mick has come to their shows. Ronnie's played onstage with them. Obviously Chuck too. They've invited Chris into the studio in LA to ck out their sessions. Mick has recorded demos here in NY with Rich...

Totally forget about them opening in 94.....glad they are pals..
9th August 2006 03:03 PM
glencar
quote:
Jeep wrote:
My own pictures...stay tuned, more to come !

Wow, that's quality filming!
9th August 2006 03:19 PM
jb Blue, please let me know what shows you are a go for...I am planning on Boston, AC, Beacon, maybe Louisville and maybe, just maybe, Vegas...God bless!
9th August 2006 03:22 PM
glencar Thanks for the blessing! I will def. be going to Boston & Chicago. No way for Vegas ((((((( I don't know where else. AC's a possibility.
9th August 2006 03:26 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thanks for the blessing! I will def. be going to Boston & Chicago. No way for Vegas ((((((( I don't know where else. AC's a possibility.

I have booked Chicago, but it is not a good date for me...it will be a last minute thing if I go..Pug will not perform and he is not greeting?
9th August 2006 07:19 PM
Bitch Wow! Excellent pics Jeep, thanks for posting!

MICK looks especially wonderful in the gold shirt, much better than the usual black.
9th August 2006 11:53 PM
Soldatti Great pics Jeep.
10th August 2006 10:55 AM
jb Thanks so very much Jeep.
10th August 2006 11:36 AM
egon very nice pics indeed.
unfortunately i did not get to meet jeep.
10th August 2006 01:19 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Cool pics. Why did Jeep not attend the summit?
10th August 2006 02:38 PM
Jeep
quote:
egon wrote:
very nice pics indeed.
unfortunately i did not get to meet jeep.

quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Cool pics. Why did Jeep not attend the summit?

Thanks.
My house is just two hours driving from Nice.
So, we left the city the morning of the show and the return was just after the concert because the driver had an appointment early yesterday morning.
Maybe another time on the 2007 tour !
10th August 2006 03:26 PM
Saint Sway Jeep,

are you a proffessional photographer??

the pics are of unbelievable quality. Right up with the very best that I've seen from the tour!
10th August 2006 05:01 PM
Gazza Superb, Jeep

sorry we didnt get to meet you this time

Thanks to Angie, Bootcover & Mark for taking care of the setlist
[Edited by Gazza]
11th August 2006 01:31 PM
Jeep
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Jeep,

are you a proffessional photographer??

the pics are of unbelievable quality. Right up with the very best that I've seen from the tour!

Thanks for the compliment but no, I'm not !
It's a hobby.
I used to shoot thousands of pictures during my US vacations some years ago with a "classic" camera.

I'm not very familiar with digital cameras for shooting a stage and this is the very first time that the result is good (all my Paris pictures 2 weeks ago were a mess).
To obtain just one good image during a concert with a digital camera, I need to shot 5 to 10 pictures (erased immediately).

[Edited by Jeep]
11th August 2006 02:03 PM
Saint Sway Jeep, that last pic of Mick is outsanding!

all of them are great and of equal or greater quality than any of the pics on their official site.

maybe our buddy Michael Cohl can hook you up with a gig!
11th August 2006 04:37 PM
wane Hi, please find below a link to my pics in Nice

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=630193

All comments welcome.
Not for sale, just for fun :-)

And a second link to my pics in Milano for the opening act on July 11th.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=623158

Enjoy
Wane
11th August 2006 05:13 PM
Straycat87 Wonderful pics too ! Congratulations to the both of you !
11th August 2006 05:25 PM
Jair
quote:
wane wrote:
Hi, please find below a link to my pics in Nice

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=630193

All comments welcome.
Not for sale, just for fun :-)

And a second link to my pics in Milano for the opening act on July 11th.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=623158

Enjoy
Wane

Great! Congrats & thanks for sharing!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)