ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio da Dragao, Oporto, Portugal - 12th August 2996
© Juanillo!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dübendorf Airfield, Zürich, Switzerland, 5th August - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
5th August 2006 04:03 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
qwer wrote:
Wouldn't that be crazy?

It would be as it should be

[Edited by Angiegirl]
5th August 2006 04:10 PM
Angiegirl 16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Start Me Up
18. Brown Sugar
5th August 2006 04:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG Well we know the rest....
Not a bad change up. I could live with this show!!!
Time for dinner and a movie.

Thanks Angie and Stan
5th August 2006 04:14 PM
Angiegirl Enjoy your evening Meg!
5th August 2006 04:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks UGotToRollMe and Angiegirl!
5th August 2006 04:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG See ya on Tuesday for a repeat performance. If Mark sends you and pictures or gossip, make sure to add to the thread I will be doing for Egon....Developing
5th August 2006 04:17 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
See ya on Tuesday for a repeat performance. If Mark sends you and pictures or gossip, make sure to add to the thread I will be doing for Egon....Developing

Will do! I'll be receiving and putting up the setlist again on Tuesday, so see you then my friends!
5th August 2006 04:20 PM
bootcover Is YCAGWYW really the last song ????
That would be a first one...
5th August 2006 04:21 PM
Angiegirl No, I expect the same 2 encores, I put them on the first page already, but am awaiting official confirmation by SMS
5th August 2006 04:25 PM
Angiegirl Oh, I see what you mean, I put them in the wrong order there, lol, I edited to make Satisfaction #20 and YCAGWYW #19, sorry! No sms yet, but it's a safe bet anyway, so there ya go.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
5th August 2006 04:31 PM
Angiegirl 19. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
20. Satisfaction (encore)

Yup, that's it folks!
5th August 2006 04:39 PM
Angiegirl REUTERS/Siggi Bucher (SWITZERLAND):

From Yahoo:

Rolling Stones rock into Switzerland

Switzerland is gearing up for a Rolling Stones concert at a military airfield in Dübendorf near Zurich ? the biggest concert of its kind ever seen in the country.

The fact that it is taking place on military ground is down to Swiss Defence Minister Samuel Schmid, who personally intervened to ensure the veteran group had enough space to rock'n'roll.

The concert is part of the Stones' Bigger Bang world tour and is the 11th to take place in Switzerland.

Schmid offered the airfield ? the first time such an offer has been made to a rock group ? because of a lack of a big enough site to house all the fans.

The minister will also be present at the concert and is due to meet 82 apprentices from his ministry who have been invited to the show by Good News, the organiser of the event.

In all, 70,000 people are expected to at the concert, which has a budget of SFr10 million ($8.2 million). For the band, Dübendorf is one of the smaller stopovers on their tour ? in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil they attracted 1:2 million people.
Huge event

But for Switzerland it is a huge event, the equivalent of two evenings at Paléo, the largest of the Swiss music festivals.

"This will be the biggest concert ever seen in this country," Dano Tamasy, spokesman for Good News, told swissinfo.

A Rolling Stones tour is an enormous undertaking. In all, 80 trucks are needed to transport 1,560 tons of material and 350 people are needed to set up the 62 by 27 metre:stage and the two metallic structures as tall as three:storey buildings around it. A giant screen measuring 18 by 13 metres has also been erected.

The Dübendorf site needed some work before it was ready to host the legendary group. This included putting in rows of seats, 50 food stands and 400 toilets. Counting infrastructure outside the airfield, building work took three weeks.

Added to this are the stars' special requests. An aircraft hangar has been converted into a living space for the group, complete with carpet, furniture and dressing rooms.
Warm up track

A 50:metre:long pre:concert warm up track has been built for Mick Jagger and a billiard table has been found for Ron Wood and Keith Richards, for whom a smoking ban in the hangar has also been temporarily lifted.

And as the ageing rockers are not as sprightly as they were 30 years ago, a limousine will take them to the stage.

VIP suites have also been built around the stage which cost SFr1,500 each, "of which SFr600 goes to charity," said Tamasy.

The veterans are expected to churn out such hits as "Jumping Jack Flash", "Honky Tonk Woman, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and, of course, "Satisfaction".

They may also pay tribute to other legends and include titles by Bob Marley and Ray Charles.

Before their last world tour in 2002 Richards said it would be the Rolling Stones' last. But there has been no word yet on whether they will call it a day this time.

In any case, they still attract thousands to their concerts, so it could be that, true rockers that they are, the group will be on stage until the very last.

swissinfo, Marc:André Miserez

Edited to enalarge pictures
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
5th August 2006 04:47 PM
Gazza Nice job - thanks Angie and Stan!
5th August 2006 06:08 PM
qwer Well done, Angie!
Good night!
5th August 2006 07:46 PM
UGot2Rollme Angie, had a good time SMSin with you, and glad they played She's So Cold.. anyway, on with the review:

After 2 days of rain, the clouds parted again for the Stones, just like for their last gig (Licks)in Zurich. This was a much bigger venue than last time, well suited for the biggerbang stage and the Swiss fighter squadran (Swiss fighter, isn't that an oxymoron?) that put on a 25 minute display before the show, including a final fly-by right over the stage (actually, I was kind of worried what would happen to the show if one of them crashed, but they all survived fine). Perhaps feeding from this energy, the boyz ripped into JJF about 30 minutes later.

Here are my show highs and lows:

Highs>
1. Streets of Love - confirming what everyone's already said about this one, it really blossoms live - Mick is so into it, the band (with Keith on acoustic) very tight, Ronnie playing some nice leads in addition to the rather simple ones that are on the studio version. Crowd very responsive.

2. All Down the Line - firing on all cylinders, kicked into high gear, powerful, awesome, nice slide Ronnie!

3. Wild Horses - first time for me seeing it live. Keith a little rusty with the intro, but after that, very nice, smooth, beautiful, sublime.

4. Keith's set - never seen him stronger, really. Even though Slippin is not one of my faves by far, he sung his heart out (in key) and played 2 nice solo's. BTMMR - seeing Keef and Ronnie side by side doing some real extended weaving at the end, I think Gazza said that was one of his highlights recently, mine too.

5. Getoffofmycloud - such great, manic phrasing by Mick made this for me. Guitars a little monotonous and I would have actually liked a key solo (a la Love you Live), but still a highlight and actually got even the Swiss folks excited.

6. The overall sound was tremendous - crisp, clear and LOUD - as good as Giants stadium last year. Helps that it was complete open air, but they definitely are touring with the same sound system and crew as they were in the US.

7. The place was PACKED (hear that JB?) See article above for more detail. This was a major event for the country.

Other notables> the new inflatable tongue in classic red and white is a HUGE improvement over that impotent psychedelic piece of shit the had in the States. Also really liked the video accompanying Brown Sugar with the gigantic topless African princess walking around various spots in the world.

Low's>
1. Ronnie's solo on Start Me Up was HORRIFYING! Surprised the Alps are still standing after that one. I don't know what it is with him - he shows flashes of brilliance (see Highs) and then has complete meltdowns. He didn't redeem himself on YCAGWYW, either.

2. Ronnie's solo on Tumblin Dice also sucked. Why doesn't Keith take that one, anyway (he used to)? By the way, both Keef's and Chuck's solos on Honky Tonk Women were great.

3. Seeing Blondie play electric (Les Paul) on BTMMR kind of bummed me out. Why is that necessary?

4. Keith's solos on Sympathy were kind of lame, lacked bite and focus.

5. Feeling like I was on autopilot from Sympathy on... I don't think the boyz are ever on auto (well, maybe Ronnie sometimes). It's the fans like me (and maybe you) who have seen these songs live, and heard them so many times on the radio, that they just don't deliver the impact like they used to. Usually the crowd's exuberance, the woo hoo's and yeah yeah yeah woo's make it kind of fun, but the Swiss crowd was (characteristically) reserved.

In all, it was a very good show. This band is so strong... still. Worth every friggin penny for all the memories and great tunes (even new ones!!) played.

Keep on Rollin!

[Edited by UGot2Rollme]
5th August 2006 09:26 PM
pdog
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
(that's something they wouldn't show in prudish US).

Well, they did. Sorry to roach your buzz. LOL!
Thanks for the review. Remember, if you watch Fox News or CNN, they make us look prudish. In reality we are best known for our whoring, drugging and gun violence. Don't get me wrong, we've got alot of uptight idiots too...
5th August 2006 09:44 PM
Bitch Thanks for posting the setlist & for the fine review by Ugot2rollme.

Wild Horses + All Down the Line = solid SETLIST for Zurich, would have been happy with it and nice that the sound was good and loud.

Ronnie & KEEF are sloppy at times? Nothing unusual about that, which is what makes every concert unique. Still, too much of a good thing with Night Time and Miss You and Start Me Up. Those could be replaced with "new" songs, like Rocks off, Cant You Hear me Knocking and Starfucker!!!!!!!IMO
5th August 2006 10:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Ronnie & KEEF are sloppy at times? Nothing unusual about that, which is what makes every concert unique.

No, not sloppy, we're talking about incompetent and fucking up a song, that's on a whole different scale. People don't seem to get that the 'whiners' don't just complain about some 'sloppiness'. That's an entirely different point.

Anywayz, glad you enjoyed the show Stan! Nice sms-ing with ya!
5th August 2006 10:33 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks Angiegirl! Nice pic of you and Bernard, too!
And thanks for the SMS and the great review, UGot2Rollme! Makes me wish I had been there.

5th August 2006 11:11 PM
Bitch

Nice sky backdrop!
5th August 2006 11:29 PM
Bitch
Keef looks mighty fine!
5th August 2006 11:41 PM
Bitch
6th August 2006 02:52 AM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
pdog wrote:

Well, they did. Sorry to roach your buzz. LOL!
Thanks for the review. Remember, if you watch Fox News or CNN, they make us look prudish. In reality we are best known for our whoring, drugging and gun violence. Don't get me wrong, we've got alot of uptight idiots too...

Are you saying that they showed a video of a topless black woman strutting around the monuments of Europe (or even US) during this tour in the US? I really don't think so. Does anyone else remember this one? Until I see some proof, I will continue my buzz, if you don't mind (LOL).

Pdoggie, maybe you're thinking of the Licks tour, with the cartoon topless hottie riding the tongue. The same one that, when Live Licks came out, was censored in the US! From my perspective, as an American who's been living over here for a few years, we are relatively prudish.
[Edited by UGot2Rollme]
[Edited by UGot2Rollme]
6th August 2006 04:21 AM
Jeep From "Le Matin" :

[Edited by Jeep]
6th August 2006 04:43 AM
pdog
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:

Are you saying that they showed a video of a topless black woman strutting around the monuments of Europe (or even US) during this tour in the US? I really don't think so. Does anyone else remember this one? Until I see some proof, I will continue my buzz, if you don't mind (LOL).

Pdoggie, maybe you're thinking of the Licks tour, with the cartoon topless hottie riding the tongue. The same one that, when Live Licks came out, was censored in the US! From my perspective, as an American who's been living over here for a few years, we are relatively prudish.
[Edited by UGot2Rollme]
[Edited by UGot2Rollme]

I saw a black girl during Brown Sugar. I went to enough shows. I can't say I saw it at every show, but I saw it... I don't remeber what backdrops they used, it was US cities, pretty generic.
I'm not confusing it with The Licks Girl, she still visits me in some dreams.
The cover for Live Licks wasn't censored in The USA, there were two covers available to be sold. Stupid yes, Wal-Mart won't put out titties in ther racks. Anyone who shops at Wal-Mart or buys music there is everything wrong with America in a nutshell. I guarentee with no reservations, they ran the black woman walking topless during Brown Sugar in The USA.
I hope you can get independent confirmation, I'm not very honest or reliable! :-)
6th August 2006 07:11 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:

Are you saying that they showed a video of a topless black woman strutting around the monuments of Europe (or even US) during this tour in the US? I really don't think so. Does anyone else remember this one?

I've got your back, Pdog. I definitely remember it during
Brown Sugar in the USA. I may have even caught some of it on video on my ditigal camera. It was at MSG in January for sure. I don't remember if they showed it at Giants stadium
or Radio City.

It sort of reminded me of the giant girls in the "Love Is Strong" video.

SV

6th August 2006 09:24 AM
UGot2Rollme OK guys, I stand corrected. Good for the Stones!
Now, back to the music!
6th August 2006 10:38 AM
GotToRollMe Awesome photos, Jeep and Bitch!
6th August 2006 10:55 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Nice sky backdrop!

Incredible. Straight to the Superblow thread.

LJ.
6th August 2006 11:25 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the great photos Jeep and Bitch. Finally, Mick looks just a "tad" better!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)